Start by marking “Cooperative Learning” as Want to Read:
Cooperative Learning

Cooperative Learning

The book that started it all is all NEW! Why would the Kagans completely revise and revamp a classic that has sold nearly half a million copies? The answer: So much has changed! Cooperative Learning today is different. This new book presents today s most successful cooperative learning methods. The Kagans make it easier than ever to boost engagement and achievement. You ll ...more
Paperback, 1 page
Published January 1st 1992 by Kagan Cooperative Learning (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Cooperative Learning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooperative Learning

Ali
Jul 20, 2012 Ali rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teachers, leaders
Recommended to Ali by: My school district
I received this book after a workshop and have been nothing but happy with it. Strangely enough my goal at my summative conference last year was to get my kids more engaged, so this workshop helped me to be able to do that because it was all about Dr. Kagan's strategies.

The book is full of helpful research, instructions for the strategies themselves as well as implementing them, and great reproducible to help with the implementation of Kagan's system. I can't wait to try it this coming year!
Jane
Cooperative Learning is a resource for all teachers to bring cooperative learning techniques into the classroom. It covers grouping in pairs and small groups to build a team learning spirit in the classroom. Cooperative Learning is more than grouping children together it is helping students learn to work together toward a common learning goal with each person doing their part in the project. This is a guide that has helped over the years and made cooperative learning part of my teaching in all o ...more
Leanna Aker
Feb 25, 2012 Leanna Aker rated it it was amazing
I keep coming back to this book for practice ideals.... mental stamina, clear reason. Whether you are a newbie or a veteran teacher looking to improve cooperative group work in your classroom, this is the book for you. I have a newer edition than this one, and secondary teachers might flip through the book thinking it looked too elementary in focus....it isn't. I'm a 9th grade science teacher and find that the protocols are right on point. While there may be a couple of things that I wouldn't us ...more
Angela
Jul 28, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
While I have used some of Kagan's resources in the past, I was thrilled to be able to attend one of their workshops recently. This book was given out at the workshop. I can't wait to use all I learned.
Kate
Aug 17, 2007 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teachers
Shelves: teacher-books
This had tons of excellent, feasible ideas for cooperative learning. I recommend it for any teacher who wants to do more cooperative learning.
Dani M.
op
Georgia
Aug 28, 2015 Georgia rated it really liked it
While maybe slightly geared more towards elementary than secondary classrooms, this text has an abundance of insightful ideas and resources for cooperative learning in the classroom. I especially found useful the team-building strategies. It might be overly optimistic at times (is that the nature of elementary teaching?), but it is great- wish I had read it at the start of my career.
Betty Primus
Jul 04, 2015 Betty Primus rated it it was amazing
A great one! Really helpful
Oct 26, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I teach 4th grade at an all boys middle school. I recently had my class size nearly doubled (12-20!) and have been struggling with how to strike the perfect balance between quiet independent work and fun, hands on learning that allows this very rowdy class of boys to be boys.

My boss purchased this book for me and it has changed my classroom drastically. It gives ideas as to how to allow the boys to teach one another and shift my role from the sole knowledge provider and disciplinarian to coach/
Abdul Ajiz
Jan 22, 2016 Abdul Ajiz is currently reading it
Good Book
Aaron Wong
Contains revolutionary ideas about teaching and learning, yet not over-complicating things as to make it inaccessible. One of the best teaching philosophies out there.
Kate
Aug 17, 2007 Kate rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teachers
Shelves: teacher-books
TONS of good ideas! A must read for any teacher!
John
Jul 12, 2009 John rated it liked it
Really, really good for new teachers. Not so much for those with experience.
Flor
Flor added it
Sep 28, 2016
Flor
Flor marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Nikol
Nikol rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Rodney Pascual
Rodney Pascual marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Jeph Do
Jeph Do marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Kamil Trzebiatowski
Kamil Trzebiatowski marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Menna
Menna marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Natalia
Natalia rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Nicola Ferguson
Nicola Ferguson rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Ksatriapagi
Ksatriapagi marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Samuel Aina
Samuel Aina rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Helena Ramirez
Helena Ramirez is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2016
Ildar Shakirov
Ildar Shakirov marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
  • Discipline with Dignity: New Challenges, New Solutions
  • Theater Games for the Classroom: A Teacher's Handbook
  • Integrating Differentiated Instruction and Understanding by Design: Connecting Content and Kids
  • Classroom Management That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Every Teacher
  • Teaching with Love and Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom
  • Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom
  • Do I Really Have to Teach Reading?: Content Comprehension, Grades 6-12
  • The First-Year Teacher's Survival Guide: Ready-To-Use Strategies, Tools & Activities for Meeting the Challenges of Each School Day
  • Whatever It Takes: How Professional Learning Communities Respond When Kids Don't Learn
  • Essential Questions: Opening Doors to Student Understanding
  • Motivating Students Who Don't Care: Successful Techniques for Educators
  • Subjects Matter
  • Dealing with Difficult Parents: And with Parents in Difficult Situations
  • When Kids Can't Read-What Teachers Can Do: A Guide for Teachers 6-12
  • Writing Essentials: Raising Expectations and Results While Simplifying Teaching
  • Checking for Understanding: Formative Assessment Techniques for Your Classroom
  • The Moving Body
  • Tools for Teaching: Discipline, Instruction, Motivation.  Primary Prevention of Classroom Discipline Problems