Start by marking “Snowboarding to Nirvana: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Snowboarding to Nirvana: A Novel

Snowboarding to Nirvana: A Novel

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  143 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
As our snowboarder continues his lessons of enlightenment with Master Fwap, he also encounters earthly love in the form of a beautiful and wise Danish woman. A paradox ensues and a mystery is set forth, the mystery of "the missing dimension." This mystery must be understood and solved before our snowboarder can comprehend the next levels of Buddhistic lessons. Along the wa ...more
Published January 15th 1998 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published February 28th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Snowboarding to Nirvana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowboarding to Nirvana

Samantha
Jun 17, 2013 Samantha rated it liked it
As a Buddhist and a big snowboarding fan, this tiny book caught my eye on a shelf at the library. This is the second part in a series, so I ended up reading the first part (Surfing the Himalayas) before this one. The style of writing is similar; it's more of a collection of religious teachings than a story of adventurous snowboarding and action. I did find this book to be more eventful than the first, though. The author takes you on a journey through the Himalayan mountains, but it's mostly a jo ...more
Dheeraj Remella
Jun 02, 2014 Dheeraj Remella rated it it was amazing
Great story telling. Very practical methodology for meditation described in the later chapters.
Carol
Jul 12, 2015 Carol rated it liked it
Loved this book
Russell
Jul 31, 2007 Russell rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who like snowboarding, skiing, Buddhism
I listened to this book on tape. It was entertaining; some of the imagery was beautiful and marvelous. Some of the ideas about space/time travel are silly, but c'mon you're reading a book called Snowboarding to Nirvana. It's a novel about a young man trying to find his way in the world.
Aug 15, 2007 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Another fun read.

I can't give it any less than 5 stars, but I am biased because the author was such an amazing person. It contains the first sex scenes he's ever tried to write and he said he actually felt a little embarrassed when he first started writing that part. Charming.
Katie Ulrich
Aug 16, 2007 Katie Ulrich rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like to be bored
This book had seemingly no plot, and just went on and on about trancendental budhism. Trancendental budhism in and of itself, could be an interesting topic but not when it is ensconced in some plotless garble. The fact that snowboarding could be made boring, astounded me.
Summer Bock, Holistic Nutrition & Herbs
My mother recommended this book to me. Another one of THOSE stories where a guy gets this amazing opportunity to run around the world and live his dreams. No worries. Nothing. Just snow, sex, and enlightenment. I'm mildly cynical.
Raymond Mauro
Jan 23, 2012 Raymond Mauro rated it liked it
Read this book years ago before marriage and triplets. A time when snowboarding was the main focus and at that time the book was relevant. I'm reading it again to compare my thoughts now ten years later.
Madonna Analla
Dec 29, 2012 Madonna Analla rated it it was amazing
Great stories and I liked how the monks explained how different cultures dance to meditate and worship. I also liked guessing what part of his account was fiction
Holly
Jul 17, 2012 Holly rated it it was ok
I had high expectations, but the artfulness of the writing really disappointed. I learned a lot about Buddhism by reading it though, and that made it worth my time.
Virginia
Mar 15, 2008 Virginia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read this when I was living in Jackson, being a ski bum and really enjoyed it... may not enjoy it some much now... but it was fun then.
Robert C.
Oct 20, 2012 Robert C. rated it really liked it
Nice introduction to Buddhism wrapped up in a schmaltzy story. Very enjoyable enlightening escapism.
Genevieve
Amazing!!! This book open's one's soul.
Diana
Feb 20, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
Far out way to enlightenment
Liz AcIsaac
Liz AcIsaac rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Mavin
Mavin rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2016
Ashley P
Ashley P marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Candace M Ellison
Candace M Ellison marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Jayna Ajna
Jayna Ajna marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Bruce Cromwell
Bruce Cromwell rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Danny Dillon
Danny Dillon marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 24, 2016
Bruce
Bruce marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dirty French: Everyday Slang from "What's Up?" to "F*%# Off!"
  • Rose Water and Orange Blossoms: Fresh & Classic Recipes from my Lebanese Kitchen
  • Wild Color, Revised and Updated Edition: The Complete Guide to Making and Using Natural Dyes
  • Liberty Book of Home Sewing
  • Love Thyself: The Message from Water III
  • Food
  • The God Question: What Famous Thinkers from Plato to Dawkins have said about the Divine
  • The Barn Dance