3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published October 1985 by Christian University Press (first published 1985)

Be the first to ask a question about Aquinas, Calvin, And Contemporary Protestant Thought A Critique Of Protestant Views On The Thought Of Thomas Aquinas

Steve
Vos claims that Aquinas has been misunderstood and mis-transmitted, and that his teaching on nature and grace, natural theology etc, are much closer to Calvin 's.
Shep
This book was indispensable in helping me understand Aquinas. Vos does a great deal of good work piercing through the fog that is Aquinas' writings, and dispels some common misconceptions about Aquinas along the way. I'm not sure all of his defenses of Aquinas' theology hold up, but I'm glad I was able to borrow and read this book because it is overall top-notch Aquinas scholarship.
booklady
Feb 24, 2009 booklady marked it as backburner
James' review piqued my curiousity. As I still struggle to understand the Angelic Doctor, a possible approach may be to look at him from a different perspective.
Karl Heintz
Karl Heintz marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
James Mader
James Mader is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2013
Somethinglatin
Somethinglatin marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Joshua Cloud
Joshua Cloud marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2011