Start by marking “Tarzan the Invincible (Tarzan, #14)” as Want to Read:
Tarzan the Invincible (Tarzan, #14)
Read Book* *Different edition

Tarzan the Invincible (Tarzan #14)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  865 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Tarzan, his monkey friend Nkima, and Chief Muviro and his faithful Waziri warriors prevent Soviet communists from looting the lost city of Opar. The story also prominently features Tarzan's lion ally Jad-bal-ja.
Mass Market Paperback, Ballantine, 4th US printing, 192 pages
Published November 1975 by Ballantine Books (first published 1930)

To ask other readers questions about Tarzan the Invincible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tarzan the Invincible

I thought this was a fun one! Some of the later Tarzan books that I've read recently hadn't really held my interest, but this one, like many of the earlier books in the series, was fun, fast-paced, and full of adventure.
A Tarzan book with no Jane....nope....not word one about Jane. Just Tarzan doing his thing--swinging through the jungle, hanging out with Tantor and Numa and Nkima, saving gals.....Lots of Tarzan swinging through the jungle super highway so that we could be updated on the various characters. They kept separating and recombining in different ways. This one seemed to have unnecessary "busy work" type traveling through the jungle. We're attacking Opar to get the riches, oops, our men are afraid and ...more
I have read all 24 of the Tarzan books. Read dates are from the mid 1970s through 1982. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the Tarzan books. They made a great escape from high school and college. I still have all 24 books and they are at the top of my book shelf. I thought it was pretty neat to find the actual covers listed on Goodreads and there are no barcodes on the books, plus the cover price ranged from $1.50-1.95 for each book.
J.L. Rallios
This is another fun Tarzan adventures in which he encounters communists in his jungle domain who are bent on embroiling the world into another World War. No mention of Jane, but there is enough romance between likeable characters as there are enough violence and justice dished out from the hand of Tarzan upon the not-so-likeable ones. Highly recommended for those who want to escape into larger-than-life adventures and to live vicariously through Tarzan as he swings through the trees and proves h ...more
Tarzan the Invincible (Tarzan #14) by Edgar Rice Burroughs (Ballantine Books 1930) (Fiction). Tarzan, Nkima, Muviro, and the Waziri prevent Soviet communists from looting Opar. My rating: 7/10, finished 1973.
Tarzan foils the plans of an international group of Communists plotting to sow discord in colonial Africa. However the Russian leader of the group is secretly trying to set himself up as Emperor of all Africa, one of many sub-plots.

Burroughs brings back some characters from past volumes: La, High Priestess of Opar, Jad-Bal-Ja the lion, and Nkima the monkey.

Still great fun!
Justin Anthony
This was a very typical Tarzan book with a couple of entertaining twists at the end.
Tarzan foils the plots of those dirty reds.
Nancy Laney
Tarzan Book 14
Kartik marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Ramon marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Ida marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Nadia marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Morgan marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Felicia Janssen
Felicia Janssen marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Kaotic marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Ahmed H. Mansour
Ahmed H. Mansour marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Marko added it
Oct 17, 2015
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
  • Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan: The Land That Time Forgot
  • Tarzan Alive: A Definitive Biography of Lord Greystoke (Wold Newton #1)
  • The Dancing Floor (Sir Edward Leithen, #3)
  • The Lively Lady
  • Blackstone (Arravan, #2)
  • The Repairman
  • Stolen Crown (Mithgar, #6)
  • The Solar Queen (Solar Queen, #1-2)
  • City of Endless Night
  • Tales of Space and Time
  • Vulcan's Hammer
  • Huntbrother
  • Stars Rain Down (Biotech Legacy, #1)
  • The Sea of Storms (Lodestone, #1)
  • Cage the Darlings
  • Cormac Mac Art (The Robert E. Howard Library, Vol. I)
  • Wolf Dawn (Forsaken Worlds, #1)
Edgar Rice Burroughs was an American author, best known for his creation of the jungle hero Tarzan and the heroic John Carter, although he produced works in many genres.
More about Edgar Rice Burroughs...

Tarzan (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Tarzan of the Apes (Tarzan, #1)
  • The Return of Tarzan (Tarzan, #2)
  • The Beasts of Tarzan (Tarzan, #3)
  • The Son of Tarzan (Tarzan, #4)
  • Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar (Tarzan, #5)
  • Jungle Tales of Tarzan (Tarzan, #6)
  • Tarzan the Untamed (Tarzan, #7)
  • Tarzan the Terrible (Tarzan, #8)
  • Tarzan and the Golden Lion (Tarzan, #9)
  • Tarzan and the Ant Men (Tarzan, #10)