Ghouls And Monsters

Ghouls And Monsters

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  1 review
Stories about the trolls, ghosts, giants, and other strange creatures that our ancestors believed they saw are recreated for today's readers.
Published July 1st 1996 by Chelsea House Publications (first published January 1st 1995)

Stacy
If I had read this before reading "Encyclopedia of Things that Never Were" I would have given it more stars, I'm sure. As it is, I read the Encyclopedia first and then checked this one out after searching out more Robert Ingpen book. This is okay but brief. Not a lot of creatures and it it more of a blend of stories and encyclopedic entries and it was the presence of the stories that made me like it less.
Lychee
Lychee added it
Apr 09, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Sharad Mohip
Sharad Mohip marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2011
Kara
Kara added it
Feb 04, 2011
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2010
Robert Roger Ingpen (AM) (born 13 October 1936) is an Australian graphic designer, illustrator, and author. He received the biennial, international Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration in 1986, recognizing his "lasting contribution to children's literature".

Ingpen was born in Geelong Australia and attended Geelong College to 1957. He graduated with a Diploma of Graphic Art from RMIT wher...more
More about Robert Ingpen...
The Dreamkeeper Encyclopedia of Mysterious Places: The Life and Legends of Ancient Sites Around the World The Voyage of the Poppy Kettle The Afternoon Treehouse Australian Gnomes