Start by marking “Before You Do: Making Great Decisions That You Won't Regret” as Want to Read:
Before You Do: Making Great Decisions That You Won't Regret

Before You Do: Making Great Decisions That You Won't Regret

Veteran preacher T.D. Jakes knows that the key to lasting happiness is being free from painful regrets about past decisions. In Before You Do, the author of Reposition Yourself teaches readers to restructure their lives to build and sustain relationships with the people most important to them. An inspiring how-to book from one of America's most charismatic spiritual leader ...more
Published September 16th 2008 by Atria Books (first published September 1st 2008)

Duffle Bag
May 28, 2009 Duffle Bag added it
Recommends it for: EVERY ONE
This Book helps out if your planning on dateing,getting married, or just wanting a better life for your self. If you don't now what to do or you just need insite of what you could do this is the book for you..:)
Thesina
I read this book and it was so helpful to me. Bishop provided insightful nuggets to apply to your decision making process. If you are in the mist of making a BIG decision, this book is a MUST read.
Lacey Louwagie
Jul 08, 2011 Lacey Louwagie rated it it was ok
I'm really not sure why this book got such high reviews -- as I was reading it, I kept thinking that it would only be really useful for people who don't THINK about anything before they make big decisions. I, on the other hand, think about everything ad nauseum, so most of the advice in this book was like, "Well, duh." (i.e.: "Babies don't stay babies forever. You may want a baby, but you also need to want a preschooler, an adolescent, and a teenager before you decide to have kids...")

Aside from
Melissa Omolo
This was the best book I have ever read on T.D Jakes...It gave me all the advice I needed on relationships.How to go about getting to know the person I am attracted to before I choose to commit to him , the important questions to ask before I get engaged, the things I need to consider before I get married, the things I need to do before I decide we are ready to have children, the things I should do before I think of divorcing my husband and much much more....The best advice I have ever gotten on ...more
Aaron Raphael
When I bought the book, I'd never have guessed that it was a book on managing relationships based on it's title. Being married with a child, technically only the last 4-5 chapters were applicable to me. The book doesn't really focus much on the Christian aspects but more focused on practically and common sense. I'd have expected a stronger spiritual element to the book overall.
Adele
Jan 13, 2009 Adele rated it it was ok
OK book, solid advice with a Christian orientation, but not heavy-handed. Very much common sense, but not ground-breaking.
Pamela Howard
Apr 22, 2014 Pamela Howard rated it it was amazing
T.D. Jakes is known for being able to connect with audiences that have people from all walks of life, and he was able to capture this same gift within this book. He touched on so many angles and scenarios of Before you do's in reference to marriage, divorce, separation, getting a job, quitting a job, starting a business, have children, make any commitments, etc. The theme of this book is centered around being able to make great decisions that you wont regret. The main reason this book was very e ...more
Andrew
Jul 30, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Making Great Decisions is written to guide readers into realistic expectations towards your relationships and researching who they really truly are. People will always reveal and display their feelings through their thoughts, words, behaviors, and actions. Bishop Jakes is a firm believer in asking the important questions and then weighing the response we receive in our relationships. Often times we fail to ask our dating partners the right kind of questions, then we are shocked when later they s ...more
Loy Machedo
Loy Machedo’s Book Review – Making Great Decisions Reflections by T.D. Jakes

I was at Hyper-Panda (a mega-supermarket) and as usual at the favorite section of the market – The book section, searching for yet another good book to may be read and add to my collection. My eyes fell towards the shelf titled ‘Killer Price – Books to Clear’. Priced from around 2$ to 5$, among them, I found a few interesting titles and this was one of them.

So who is T. D. Jakes?
- Jakes is the CEO of TDJ Enterprises, LL
Kathie H
Jun 29, 2009 Kathie H rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young adults on up
This book practically jumped off the shelf to get me to read it. (I have a guardian angel who is on. The. JOB.) I am no fan of "Doctor" Phil (anyone with a tag line is a complete turnoff to me) & I knew Reverend Jakes is on his show. But I overcame that reservation & read Reverend Jakes's book. Believe me, if you read it, you will feel as though you have a new lease on life. It's almost like an on-the-job-of-life training manual. Don't be put off by the fact that Reverend Jakes is a memb ...more
Adrienna
I was at a dry season in the work field, after obtaining two degrees in 2004, I found myself in and out of the work place and need a book to help me make better decisions that I wouldn't regret. Therefore, I picked this book up to read and help me soar for my encore. It was a pretty decent read and believe I also have a copy in my possession after reading it at the library.

Adrienna Turner
Author of Ten books.
www.adriennaturner.webs.com
Alexia Antoine
Aug 26, 2015 Alexia Antoine rated it it was amazing
The author takes us through the levels of preparation that require attention before marriage (for singles) and moving further into the levels of marriage (for couples - i.e. wills, financial decisions,children, etc.). The inner works and hesitations are discussed that make for readiness. This is insight one would be wise to learn from before even imagining going down to the courthouse for a marriage license.
Suzzette
Nov 14, 2008 Suzzette rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Suzzette by: I saw it in Essence magazine
I am still reading this book but it is great. T.D. Jakes is essentially encouraging us to really think through our decisions when selecting a mate and especially choosing to marry our mate. However, this book is a great guide to making decisions in general. T.D. Jakes has a great sense of humor and is a very talented writer.
Anita Freeman
Jan 26, 2016 Anita Freeman rated it it was amazing
T.D Jake's never disappoints. I wish I read this book when I first bought it however I read it at a point in my life where I had to make life changing decisions. Before I Do definitely gives you wisdom on how to carefully think things through when making life altering decisions.
Simone
Aug 01, 2012 Simone rated it really liked it
Bishop T.D. Jakes expounds upon making the right decisions in life and provides us with the necessary steps to avoid regret.

Before You Do topics include marriage, divorce, taking risks, choosing your inner circle and avoid settling for less in your personal and business life.

JD Burkholder
Nov 15, 2012 JD Burkholder rated it it was amazing
Excellent read for those preparing for marriage. For those who have, the decision-making principles still stand for all other situations. I was encouraged by many of the ideas shared and sparked my interest to read more of his books.
Mimi
Nov 27, 2013 Mimi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A practical way to look at and evaluate decisions before, during and after making them! A particularly good read for people seeking marriage partners. Good bare bones relationship advice and help with other big decisions.
Queen  Diva
Apr 09, 2009 Queen Diva rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read before you do anything! I couldn't put this book down because there are so many things I'm preparing to receive this year and I got so much insight reading this book!
Mpho muthelo
Apr 29, 2012 Mpho muthelo rated it really liked it
For family,relationships and all personal decisions, lets read this book guys.I Learned a lot. thank you T.D Jakes, God bless you.
Kent Dickerson
Mar 01, 2015 Kent Dickerson rated it it was ok
Some fair advise, but almost no Bible. Not what I was hoping for. The few illustrations were good but it needs many more.
Diana S
Nov 19, 2014 Diana S rated it liked it
This book is not what I expected, since it focused more on marriage. It is a book I will read again when I prepare for marriage.
Karrie
Dec 29, 2008 Karrie marked it as to-read
If you are planning to get married... read this! I heard a review about it and it's everything you need to know about marriage.
Adam
Jan 05, 2009 Adam rated it it was amazing
Great/ This book is a good reference for present situations that we all have faced or going to face in life.
Sandra
Jul 08, 2016 Sandra rated it it was amazing
I am currently reading this book and it is excellent. You can't go wrong with Bishop Jakes.
Mahlalo
Jan 08, 2013 Mahlalo rated it liked it
i find the book not that intresting i think what he has written its common sense duh
Tshidi Khutwane
Jul 06, 2015 Tshidi Khutwane rated it did not like it
A good guide in certain topics. My favorite part was the 20 questions
Lori Locklear
Dec 10, 2013 Lori Locklear rated it it was amazing
A perfect guide to asking the right questions before you take the next step.
Marilyn Diamond
Nov 07, 2009 Marilyn Diamond rated it it was amazing
I refer to this book before making a decision...it's just that great
J.Elliot Howaed
Jun 08, 2010 J.Elliot Howaed rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This is a book that truly spells out how to count the cost.
Amycwilloughby
Oct 06, 2009 Amycwilloughby rated it it was ok
I read bits and pieces of it. It was okay.
  • Love as a Way of Life: Seven Keys to Transforming Every Aspect of Your Life
  • The 40 Day Soul Fast: Your Journey to Authentic Living
  • Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You
  • Cleaning Plain & Simple: A ready reference guide with hundreds of sparkling solutions to your everyday cleaning challenges
  • Real Life: Preparing for the 7 Most Challenging Days of Your Life
  • Classic Christianity: Life's Too Short to Miss the Real Thing
  • Teach Yourself Body Language
  • Dance with Chance: Making Luck Work for You
  • Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every New Day of the Year
  • The Secret of Happiness
  • Why I Stayed: The Choices I Made In My Darkest Hour
  • The Revelation of the Cross: An Experience That Will Change Your Life..
  • Unmerited Favor: Depending on Jesus for every success in your life
  • God Loves You: He Always Has--He Always Will
  • Is God to Blame?: Beyond Pat Answers to the Problem of Suffering
  • Finding the Love of Your Life
  • The Power of a Whisper: Hearing God, Having the Guts to Respond
  • The Secrets of Judas: The Story of the Misunderstood Disciple & His Lost Gospel
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl ...more
More about T.D. Jakes...

“To those of us who often procrastinate on the decision we feel intimidated by lack of education or any area of weakness. I relieve you with this statement: It is not how much you know that arms you with the tools of great decision making, but rather how much you ask. Ask questions.” 52 likes