Start by marking “I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun” as Want to Read:
I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun

I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,661 ratings  ·  147 reviews
The Internet has provided us with many wonders, from skateboarding dogs to Chuck Norris facts. Over the past year, though, one sensation has dominated the Web: LOLcats. Here’s how it works: First you find a picture of a cat online, and then you add a caption that reflects the cat’s point of view. Just remember that although cats can speak English, their spelling and gramma ...more
Published October 7th 2008 by Gotham

To ask other readers questions about I Can Has Cheezburger?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Has Cheezburger?

Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollInto the Wild by Erin Hunter
Great "Cat" Books
22nd out of 882 books — 427 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaFlowers in the Attic by V.C. AndrewsValley of the Dolls by Jacqueline SusannThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Guilty Pleasures - Crap You're Embarrassed to Love
17th out of 219 books — 338 voters

More lists with this book...

Matt
With LOLcats, there is no middle ground. You can love them, or hate them, and those are the only two possible options.

I am most certainly a fan of adorable pictures of kitties complemented by descriptive captions riddled with typographical errors. These pictures crack me up and make my day. As an Army officer, I estimate that I waste approximately seventy-five tax dollars per working day by giggling at LOLcats when I am supposed to be working.

In the LOLcat universe, icanhascheezburger.com is the
Michelle
this kitteh book wuz funny. sumtimes i likes read qwerky buks.
Mykle
I'm so relieved that every briefly popular blog on the Internet now gets a book deal. The poor, unwashed, disconnected unfortunates who don't have web access have been yearning -- yearning! -- to read the clever captions on these cute kitten photographs. Their long national nightmare, finally, is over.
Tattered Cover Book Store
Dec 20, 2008 Tattered Cover Book Store added it
Recommended to Tattered Cover by: Beth W and Jackie
Beth says: Ridiculosity at its best!

Jackie says: This book is a great introduction to the daily hilarity available at the web site of the same name. Beth introduced it to me several months ago, and now I am a slave to the LOL cats!
Gerry
To translate the blurb for this colourful and amusing book, 'A LOLcat is a picture of a kitten with a funny caption.' Well, it most certainly lives up to its name.

There are well over 200 of them within these covers and the majority of them will bring a smile, or even a laugh out loud moment, to the reader, particularly those with a feline bent.

Kittens cleaning floors, inside washing machines, looking enviously/longingly/peacefully/angrily at food of one kind or another, playing on the laptop, dr
Eva Leger
Okay, I guess I get to be the party pooper here. No problem, I'll take it on.
One question: Would these pictures not still be funny withOUT the incorrect words and grammatical errors?
Seriously, would these pictures, shown to the same people, cease being humorous? Because I'm not getting it.
The cats are cute. Adorable even. This pictures are cute. Adorable even. The captions - if they were spelled correctly - were cute. Maybe even adorable. The captions - as is - are slightly below horrifying.
I
Tez
VegasGal
Jan 22, 2009 VegasGal rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cat lovers/owners
Shelves: read-2009
Ok, so this book admittedly is a short and really easy read since it's basically packed full of hilarious cat pictures with captions. The pictures are really awesome/cute/funny and MOST of the captions are hilarious too. I would have given this the highest rating because of the content, but sometimes the misspellings just got on my nerves and became hard to understand. Yes, I get it, the book was written that way on purpose, supposedly because the cat is talking, but at times it was just annoyin ...more
Ladiibbug
If you have not visited the LOL cats site, stop what you are doing!! Run, don't walk, and prepare to laugh yourself silly!

This book is a collection of some of the fun, heartwarming, or goofy photos of cats with hilarious captions. I'm a dog person, but the LOL cats site ROCKS! (There's a LOL Dogs site too.)

www.icanhascheezburger.com
Mathew
Stuff you can get free on the intertubes, but you can now pay to get in book form, where the paper will cut your hands and the binding will crack very very soon and you cannot easily add your comments to the pictures and the pictures will not be updated regularly. Such a deal!
Dis buk iz full of teh laffs. Teh Kittehs haz much of teh cuteness. Teh buk iz epic win. Haz favrites from teh internets and new ones. Buk even haz 5 grammar lessins frum teh prof. happycat!
A good primer on LOLcats for those who haven't visited the website. Some of my favorites weren't included, but maybe they couldn't get permission.
Nikki
Awesome book! I love the monorail cat! :) :) :)

And the 'nom noms'! That was awesome! You can't read this book and not smile! :)
Rose Ann
Made me laugh my head off. if you have never visited the website, do so at icanhascheezburger.com -- you will bust a gut!
Julie
im in ur goodreads. ratin ur bookz.
Jen
Iz teh best funnehest bewk evar!
Robert Beveridge
Feb 09, 2011 Robert Beveridge rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Robert by: ceiling cat
Professor Happycat, I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Collekshun (Gotham Books, 2008)

Dear book publishers:

I understand that you're all about the bottom line. After all, you're businesses, and in order to remain businesses, you need to make money. I get that, don't get me wrong. And I kind of understand that when the whole blog-to-book idea showed up, it looked like it was going to be the big new thing in bookselling, and so everyone jumped on the bandwagon. But let this be a cautionary tale to yo
I don't think there is anyone out there who hasn't come across LOLcats by now (if you haven't then get yourself over to www.icanhascheezburger.com immediately!). I was given this book as a Christmas present years ago but it is one I still pick up and flick through time and again when I'm in need of a giggle. If you're the kind of person who (like me) has a selection of humorous coffee table books then you should have at least one Cheezburger book as part of your collection!

This is the kind of bo
Eleclyah

iCANHASCHEEZBURGER.com & Professor Happycat sono lieti di presentarvi una esilarante raccolta fotografica di LOLcats, ciascuna corredata dalla sua LOLcaption!

Il libro contiene circa 200 foto di mici nelle posizioni più buffe e negli atteggiamenti più simpatici che il nostro felino domestico riesce ad offrirci, con tanto di battute a commentarle.
Spassosissimo.
Unico "neo" per chi si avvicina per la prima volta al libro: non è scritto in inglese-inglese... ma in una sorta di di misto tra ingles
Library-KAT
Not only did I not understand what most the captions meant, I didn't even like the photos....

What a STUPID book.

I even thought (until I was informed differently) that this was written by non english speaking humans.

Chelsea Gammon
As a diehard fan of the LOLcats, this book was a logical impulse buy when I saw it.

Although the sheer availability of such pictures on the internet would appear to make this book somewhat redundant, it still makes for a book that's great to have around the house when guests visit, a bathroom read, or anytime you simply don't have the time to get sucked into ours of online LOLcat browsing. And after I was finished with it, it was given to my internet-phobe grandmother, who consequentially had nev
Melody
So I picked it up at the FOL sale because: cats. And I like ICHC. But the addition of drawings to the pictures didn't work for me- was distract frum lols.
Sandy
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Vincent
Nov 29, 2014 Vincent added it
Shelves: favourite
THE MOST FUNNY BOOK ON EARTH IT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!
HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!YOLO!!!!!!!
DERPY DERP AND STOOF.
Kaethe
What can you say about a book of LOLcats? It's an amusing way to spend a few minutes, at home or on the go.
Sarah Taylor
A picture I took of my cat is in this book so I kind of have to love it. =)
Kristal Cooper
Not my favorite franchise, but any cat pic book is good for a giggle.
Jamie
Some of these were really good.
Sara Forsberg
They're LOLcats. 'Nuff said.
Claire
  • Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals
  • Awkward Family Photos
  • Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar: A Collection of Egregious Errors, Disconcerting Bloopers, and Other Linguistic Slip-Ups
  • Overheard in New York: Conversations from the Streets, Stores, and Subways
How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking Teh Itteh Bitteh Book of Kittehs How 2 Be Awsum: A LOLcat Guide 2 Life Teh Littr Boks Set: A LOLcat Colleckshun