Start by marking “Some Good News” as Want to Read:
Some Good News

Some Good News (Cobble Street Cousins #4)

Meet the

Cobble Street Cousins

* Lily, who wants to be a poet *

* Tess, who wants to be a Broadway star *

* Rosie, who wants a little cottage with flowers by the door *

It's spring on Cobble Street, and Lily has a great idea -- the Cobble Street Cousins' own newspaper! Soon the very first edition of The Cobble Street Courier is hot off the presses, with a poem by Lily

Published June 1st 2001 by Aladdin (first published June 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Some Good News, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Good News

Sara
Dec 01, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-school-year
A very sweet and funny little book. My children loved the humor and the tenderness. I am a big fan of how much focus Cynthia Rylant puts on elderly neighbors. Nearly every book of hers that we have read has hightled a single person of senior age and always with such vitality and warmth. I think that these books will do great things for my children's love of the neighbors.
Caroline Herfindahl
Another charming book about three girl cousins and their time together at Aunt Lucy's house. The girls put together a newspaper for the neighborhood and make lots of new friends in the process.
Dolly
May 23, 2011 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
The books in the Cobble Street Cousins series are feel-good books about being creative and loving and having fun. The girls all get along wonderfully and have the nicest ideas, especially to their elderly neighbors. We've really enjoyed reading the books in this series and we are looking forward to the final book, Wedding Flowers (We read Summer Party first, not realizing that it was part of a series, so we went back and read all of the previous stories. Now we are caught up and ready for the en ...more
Yumi Learner
Feb 06, 2012 Yumi Learner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the forth book of the series today. I quite enjoy reading each book. I especially like the forth one. Each book has a season, and the forth book season is my favorite season, spring!

In the forth book, we have a new character. He is a friend of Michael's grandfather. What is the coincidence! We also have a new animal character. He is a pet dog of Michael's father. Although I am a big fan of dogs, I am very curious of the dog.

So, I can't wait to read what will happen to next!
Maggie
Apr 19, 2011 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remembering falling in love with the people of Cobblestreet when I first read this in elementary school. I adored the three girls, I adored the aunt and Michael, and I adored the flower shop. Yes, the characters are underdeveloped, and it's not the greatest book ever written, but it has a certain charm that will definitely appeal to children.
Janet
Oct 17, 2013 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, to have fun with one's cousins and these three are having an adventure living together with Aunt Lucy for the year. In this title the girls write a newspaper about Cobble Street and give it to their neighbors. The newspaper and its stories are shown in the illustrations.
Sandee Mariner
i felt like the main characters were under-developed. but it was cute and taught good social skills.
Maya Madhavan
Sep 25, 2011 Maya Madhavan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They made a newspaper called The Cobble Street Courier. They interviewed Michael. Michael has a dog.
Relyn
Mar 12, 2016 Relyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls, girls everywhere
Recommended to Relyn by: I love Cynthia Rylant.
Shelves: 2012-reread
I absolutely adore this series by Cynthia Rylant. It's like a starter course of women's domestic stories. I betcha the little girls who love these books will grow up to love Rosamund Pilcher, too.
Hannah
Jul 31, 2007 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Emma
This was the last book that I read in this series. The Cobble Street Cousin send out their own newspaper!
(In Comparison: This is like a younger version of the Beacon Street Girls.)
Tiffany
Jun 08, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story for the niece. She loves the story because the girls are a lot like her. They love to have a project and something to "surprise" others with.
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2010
Elizabeth S
Elizabeth S rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Heather Denkmire
Heather Denkmire rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2007
Glamour868
Glamour868 rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Taryn Pinstein
Taryn Pinstein rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2015
Sarah Brodsky
Sarah Brodsky rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2009
Erin M.
Erin M. rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Ljf
Ljf rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2007
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Kendra
Kendra rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2012
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Isabelle Smith
Isabelle Smith rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Adventures of a South Pole Pig: A novel of snow and courage
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • The Chameleon Wore Chartreuse: A Chet Gecko Mystery
  • Ruby Lu, Empress of Everything
  • The Magical Ms. Plum
  • P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Mercy Watson: Something Wonky This Way Comes (Mercy Watson #6)
  • The Witchy Worries of Abbie Adams
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • It's Snow Joke (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #22)
  • Penelope Crumb (Penelope Crumb #1)
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
  • Candlelight for Rebecca (American Girls: Rebecca, #3)
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Cobble Street Cousins (6 books)
  • In Aunt Lucy's Kitchen (Cobble Street Cousins, # 1)
  • A Little Shopping (Cobble Street Cousins, #2)
  • Special Gifts (Cobble Street Cousins #3)
  • Summer Party (Cobble Street Cousins #5)
  • Wedding Flowers (Cobble Street Cousins, #6)