Start by marking “Some Good News” as Want to Read:
Some Good News

Some Good News (Cobble Street Cousins #4)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Meet the

Cobble Street Cousins

* Lily, who wants to be a poet *

* Tess, who wants to be a Broadway star *

* Rosie, who wants a little cottage with flowers by the door *

It's spring on Cobble Street, and Lily has a great idea -- the Cobble Street Cousins' own newspaper! Soon the very first edition of The Cobble Street Courier is hot off the presses, with a poem by Lily

Published June 1st 2001 by Aladdin (first published June 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Some Good News, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Good News

Sara
A very sweet and funny little book. My children loved the humor and the tenderness. I am a big fan of how much focus Cynthia Rylant puts on elderly neighbors. Nearly every book of hers that we have read has hightled a single person of senior age and always with such vitality and warmth. I think that these books will do great things for my children's love of the neighbors.
Maggie
I remembering falling in love with the people of Cobblestreet when I first read this in elementary school. I adored the three girls, I adored the aunt and Michael, and I adored the flower shop. Yes, the characters are underdeveloped, and it's not the greatest book ever written, but it has a certain charm that will definitely appeal to children.
Dolly
May 23, 2011 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
The books in the Cobble Street Cousins series are feel-good books about being creative and loving and having fun. The girls all get along wonderfully and have the nicest ideas, especially to their elderly neighbors. We've really enjoyed reading the books in this series and we are looking forward to the final book, Wedding Flowers (We read Summer Party first, not realizing that it was part of a series, so we went back and read all of the previous stories. Now we are caught up and ready for the en ...more
Tiffany
Cute story for the niece. She loves the story because the girls are a lot like her. They love to have a project and something to "surprise" others with.
Alyssa
Apr 11, 2013 Alyssa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young children 6 to 9 yrs
Shelves: read-to-quinn
The book did come back to form and better than ever! This was one of my favorites and that might have a lot to do with the fact that I have created newspapers many times in my life. ;-) I liked that the newspaper was the main plot throughout the book. I loved seeing the finished product and all the fun things the cousins included in it. Really fun book!

Quinn, 6.75 years old, also felt this was better than the previous one. Quinn's favorite part of the newspaper was Tess' interview with her cat E
Lisa
Sweet books. Love that the three girls are such go getters!
Yumi Learner
I read the forth book of the series today. I quite enjoy reading each book. I especially like the forth one. Each book has a season, and the forth book season is my favorite season, spring!

In the forth book, we have a new character. He is a friend of Michael's grandfather. What is the coincidence! We also have a new animal character. He is a pet dog of Michael's father. Although I am a big fan of dogs, I am very curious of the dog.

So, I can't wait to read what will happen to next!
Janet
Oh, to have fun with one's cousins and these three are having an adventure living together with Aunt Lucy for the year. In this title the girls write a newspaper about Cobble Street and give it to their neighbors. The newspaper and its stories are shown in the illustrations.
Relyn
Sep 02, 2012 Relyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls, girls everywhere
Recommended to Relyn by: I love Cynthia Rylant.
Shelves: 2012-reread
I absolutely adore this series by Cynthia Rylant. It's like a starter course of women's domestic stories. I betcha the little girls who love these books will grow up to love Rosamund Pilcher, too.
Hannah
Jul 31, 2007 Hannah rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Emma
This was the last book that I read in this series. The Cobble Street Cousin send out their own newspaper!
(In Comparison: This is like a younger version of the Beacon Street Girls.)
Sandee Mariner
i felt like the main characters were under-developed. but it was cute and taught good social skills.
Maya Madhavan
They made a newspaper called The Cobble Street Courier. They interviewed Michael. Michael has a dog.
Jeanette
Have I mentioned that I really like the illustrations that accompany these books?
(...)
(...) added it
Jul 05, 2015
Rida
Rida marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
S
S added it
Jun 11, 2015
Galatea Vita
Galatea Vita marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
  • The Adventures of a South Pole Pig: A novel of snow and courage
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • The Chameleon Wore Chartreuse: A Chet Gecko Mystery
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Ruby Lu, Empress of Everything
  • Mercy Watson Thinks Like a Pig (Mercy Watson #5)
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • The Doll Shop Downstairs
  • It's Snow Joke (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #22)
  • The Magical Ms. Plum
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • Rebecca to the Rescue (American Girls: Rebecca, #5)
  • Penelope Crumb
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • The Littles And The Trash Tinies
  • Commander Toad in Space (Commander Toad)
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Cobble Street Cousins (6 books)
  • In Aunt Lucy's Kitchen (Cobble Street Cousins, # 1)
  • A Little Shopping (Cobble Street Cousins, #2)
  • Special Gifts (Cobble Street Cousins #3)
  • Summer Party (Cobble Street Cousins #5)
  • Wedding Flowers (Cobble Street Cousins, #6)
The Relatives Came Missing May When I Was Young in the Mountains Henry and Mudge - The First Book Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Lost Little House Years