Start by marking “My Gal Sunday” as Want to Read:

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  4,569 ratings  ·  150 reviews
A dashing ex-president and his young congresswoman bride become an irresistible sleuthing duo in four acclaimed stories from the Queen of Suspense.

Henry Parker Britland IV -- wealthy, worldly, and popular -- is enjoying an early retirement. His new wife, Sunday -- as clever as she is lovely -- has just been elected to Congress in a stunning upset victory that has made her
Published February 1st 2003 by Pocket Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about My Gal Sunday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Gal Sunday

Shaun
I like to think I can enjoy the occasional "mindless" read just as much as the next gal...but unfortunately My Gal didn't do it for me.

Comprised of four novelettes, the book features crime solving duo Henry Parker Britland IV and his lovely new bride Sunday. Unfortunately, the hunky ex-president and the feisty congresswoman were too rich, too pretty, too charming, and just too much in love to be anything short of annoying.

However, reading this I was reminded of a popular show from the '80s, Hart
Zach Paulson
Have you ever heard of a president that was so good that the people wanted to break the law in the constitution so that he could stay in office? Well Henry Parker Britland IV was that president. He was very good at negotiating and he married the perfect lady. This book is made up of four mysteries and muy favorite one was about Henry and his wife Sunday and they bought back the old Britland yacht the Columbia. This yacht has been in his family for years and was a party boat for presidents for y ...more
Kristen
This book contains four short stories about a young, perfect, good-looking ex-president and his younger, just as perfect and good-looking wife, who is a congresswoman. The characters in this dynamic duo seem to have no flaws. In addition to being the greatest president who ever lived (after having been elected in his mid-thirties), he now can solve mysteries with his equally talented wife! Totally unrealistic but an ok way to pass the time.
Debbie
This collection of shorts about an American ex-President and his darling Congressman wife will suffice if this is the only book left in the hostel book swap and there is time to kill at a coffee shop. Even then, the minutes might be better spent people watching.
Amanda
This was my introduction to Mary Higgins Clark. I will say I didn't fall in LOVE with this little collection of short sleuthing, but it was a fun group of quick mysteries--very readable. And I enjoyed it enough I may look up another of her full-length books. I liked the main characters, but it isn't too surprising they manage to find the baddies when they have been literally gifted with everything an author could pull out of their arsenal: political position and power, good looks, intelligence, ...more
Kate Mixon
I read this book because it was on a 2015 book-list I am going through right now. Let me just say: I did not want to read it. But I'm glad I did. I loved the two main characters - Henry and Sunday, and their cute little marriage, although I did find their age difference a little creepy.

My only complaint was the CONSTANT "darling", "my love", "sweetheart" between the two newlyweds. I get it: they just got married, and they are helplessly in love, but really?! I'm in a long-term relationship and f
Shandi Leonard
I love how this book had multiple stories in one about Sunday. Being the presidents wife has its demands on its own but when Sunday finds herself in deep trouble her only hope is her wits and subtle clues she gives to her husband. Being a blonde, and younger then the love of her life, people greatly underestimate her abilities. I know this isn't a long review, and I've seen some poor ones about this book, but I loved every page of this book. The emotions that you genuinely feel while reading thi ...more
Agent Bookworm
The complete review of this book could also be read at agentbookworm.blogspot.com

It’s been a while since I’ve read a Mary Higgins Clark book eh? Well, blame it to my never ending reading list, which usually doubled whenever I finish a book. This time, since I manage to be productive and read all five books in my reading list early than I expected, and since the opportunity were so good to me, I was able acquire a book of MHC! And who am I to decline the offer eh? It is MHC we are talking here, w
Kris - My Novelesque Life
2.5 STARS

"Henry Parker Britland IV is wealthy and worldly - a beloved former president who, still youthful, is enjoying early retirement. His new wife, Sunday, is beautiful, smart and seventeen years younger than he, and has just been elected to Congress in a stunning upset victory that has made her the darling of the media. Henry and Sunday make a formidable team of sleuths - and never more so than when they set out to solve crimes occurring among their friends in political high society. When H
Paula Ratcliffe
My Gal Sunday Review
This book was written by Mary Higgins Clark, it is the sleuthing team of Henry Parker
Britland IV, a loved former President with close ties to the government and his new bride of over a year Sunday who is beautiful, smart, and seventeen years younger. Henry and Sunday make a formidable team of sleuths–and never more so then when they set out to solve crimes occurring among their friends in political high society.
The first crime involves a congressman friend of theirs who is be
Jen
Really, I'd give this a 3.5 of 5 stars, because it's just a warm fuzzy of a book. The erudite crime-solving team of Sunday and Henry is built sort of on the romance of the Kennedys, the political savvy of the Clintons, and the American love for old British connections. And it goes from there; there's very little depth or suspense, but you still wish it had been you to marry this wonderfully unreal man. And so what if all of the villains are outrageously dim and predictable? That's okay, Henry wi ...more
Elizabeth Rodriguez
My Gal Sunday was not the best of the many book that I have read by Mary Higgins Clark I didn't like it or enjoy the book such as other books or hers. It didn't really catch my attention and was not as interesting it was fairly good but not something that I would usually read. Perhaps there could have been a bit more mystery to the book in which there would be more drama. However if I had the choice to create a movie out of my novel that I read it would be to create the setting in a place were k ...more
April Loebick
I occasionally will pick up a book by Mary Higgins Clark. My mom loves her books, and I’ve picked up the habit of buying them when I see them at yard sales and thrift stores. Her books make for decent quick, mindless reads and transport me back to a time when bold-colored pant suits, shoulder pads, and permed bangs were the norm. Usually, I can figure out the culprit within the first couple of chapters, but the suspenseful journey of the main character is usually a fun ride.

This is not so much t
Elizabeth Noah Astle
This is a book of 4 short stories. Henry is a former president that was in office in his thirties. He marries a gal "Sunday" who is a congresswoman. Together the both of them solve crimes/mysteries.

I will admit that this is not even close to one of my favorite stories by MHC. If you are looking for a quick read, then this would be good for you. You have the handsome ex-president and his beautiful smart blond wife, who seem to be just perfect.

The stories were not all mushy and love-e-dovey but,
Nolan
Well, now that, (as the old song has it), June is busting out all over, it's
time to seriously consider a completely non-serious beach or barbecue read
that will leave you with a smile and let you move onto the next book without
delay. This is a super-quick read of four loosely connected stories about two
amateur sleuths-a husband and wife team. He's a former U.S. president;
she's a congressional representative.

All four of these stories are absolutely free of profanity or sexual
descriptions, and whil
Giulietta
... ma non di più!
Le quattro storie sono abbastanza prevedibili, e questo ancora posso sopportarlo (magari io sono diventata troppo brava a capire i gialli.. ma non credo sia per quello), ma i personaggi perfettini NO!
Un ex presidente degli Stati Uniti (eletto più volte Uomo dell'anno) bello, intelligente (e, come si direbbe al mio paese, soprattutto modesto) e una donna in carriera giovane, bella, intelligente e membro del Congresso? I due ovviamente sono sposati e si amano alla follia, tuband
Danielle
This Mary Higgens Clark book had a very different feel to it than most of her other works, as it was split into four short stories with the same charismatic couple showcased in each story. The couple was interesting and the stories intriguing, but they didn't have the depth and development to more fully draw in and excite readers. With that being said, it was a very quick and likable-enough book.
Grade: B-
Kimberly
I wanted to read a mystery so I picked up this book. It was clean and interesting. I gave it three stars because there was just something missing. It is hard to put my finger on it, but all while I was reading it I could tell something was off. Maybe not enough character development or intrigue. It was easy to figure out who did it. It was a quick read, but not compelling.
Uri
The book consists of four stories that feature an ex-president and his new wife as investigators. Unfortunately the stories are too short and as result they are barely developed and feel really rushed. I would have preferred a book with a well developed plot and resolution than this collection of short mysteries that lack depth and drama.
Fmorlan
Henry an ex president and his wife known as sunday are a popular couple. They run into different problems throughout the book. Kidnapping, a murder, list documents and a lost child. Each incident is in itself a story. I found this book toe different from other books by Ms. Clark. It was a quick read and enjoyable.
Krista
review I saw the Hallmark movie My Gal Sunday before I realized that it was based on a book. I enjoyed the four short stories that involved an ex-president Henry and his new wife, congresswoman "Sunday," his nickname for her. They are an unofficial investigating team. I thought that the stories were suspenseful.
Amyt
For a mom of active little ones, this book of 4 short stories was perfect. Hooked me quickly, and came to a quick resolution. Later in life when I can spend a longer time reading, I may prefer something with mor character and plot development. But it was the perfect read for this stage in life!
Tiffany
I would actually give this 3.5 stars because this was a good set of short stories and I do like the main characters. That being said I felt the plots and twists could have been more developed. However this was a good easy read and I do enjoy Mary Higgins Clark books and wouldn't mind reading more of her character Sunday.
Sophie
I read and enjoyed We’ll Meet Again and The Shadow of Your Smile, so I picked this one up, as I was interested to read an MHC book about politicians. I was pretty disappointed. The writing is very flat, not at all exciting or suspenseful like the other two, and the characters are appealing but underdeveloped. I read the first story in full and thought it rather worthless, but I decided to read the second, hoping it would be better. It was so boring I just skipped to the end to learn how it turne ...more
Carole
Typical Mary Higgins Clark. This one is divided into separate shorter stories.
I like to read this author occasionally. She always provides a good light read with some suspense. There is a reason she is so popular.
Tina Levy
Now on "They All Ran After the President's Wife." Sunday Britland, new congresswoman, on sleuthing team with ex-president Henry Parker Britland. Class act. Back in the day... Particularly enjoyed the last story Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noel.
Danielle Reily
I remember that my mom had thus book on cassette tape, I would listen to it all the time. So this book has a lit of gond memories. I can't say that is an amazing storyline, but it is a fun, short, and completely frivolous weekend read.
Janet Hatch

My Gal Sunday

Not the type off book I'm use to from Mary Higgins Clark but nice. The short stories were very interesting.
Frank
(Simon & Shuster audio book, abridged) Read by Megan Fellows. Four lightweight stories that are good for listening on a walk or stroll or a beach book.
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • Close to You (KEY News #4)
  • The Christmas Box
  • Murder at the Kennedy Center (Capital Crimes, #9)
  • Novos Contos da Montanha
  • The Last Safe Place on Earth
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...
Where Are the Children? Loves Music, Loves to Dance All Around the Town Two Little Girls in Blue While My Pretty One Sleeps