Start by marking “Petualangan Tintin : 7 Bola Kristal (The Adventures of Tintin : Seven Crystal Balls)” as Want to Read:

Petualangan Tintin : 7 Bola Kristal (Tintin #13)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  7,178 ratings  ·  91 reviews
Ekspedisi Sanders-Hardmuth kembali dari Amerika Selatan membawa pulang mumi Rascar Capac. Tak diduga, para anggota ekspedisi ini satu persatu jatuh sakit aneh: mereka tertidur lelap, tapi terbangun pada jam-jam tertentu dengan kesakitan hebat. Tintin, Kapten Haddock, serta Tuan Lakmus menyelidiki misteri ini. Misteri makin pelik ketika kemudian Tuan Lakmus juga diculik!
Published 2008 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1948)

To ask other readers questions about Petualangan Tintin , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Petualangan Tintin

Philippe Malzieu
The philosoph Michel Serres is a great tintinophil. He noted that the Hergé's drawing was extremely precise (the famous "ligne claire"), except the head of Tintin. For him, it was a reason of success. With an outlined face, everyone is able to identify with him. Thus Tintin is you, Tintin is me.

Nevertheless, I am not a fan. History and drawing are perfect. But I do not identify myself in Tintin. I don't recognize me in this stylised head.

My hero of cartoon is a true romantic hero: Corto Maltes
Harish Kumar Sarma Challapalli
This is more interesting episode than many other of the series!! The plot begins very interestingly and gets tightened as it progresses!!

No need to mention that tin tin is always a page turner and this is no exception!! U will get ur eyes glued to the book til u complete!!

I always wish I have a dog like snowy!! And this episode strengthens it!!

A wonderful detective in tin tin can be seen in this episode!!
Dominick
This is a solid enough Tintin adventure about archaeologists involved in an Incan expedition getting knocked into comas, one by one, by some mysterious substance from crystal balls broken in their rooms by forces unknown. It's an Inca curse, apparently, though since this volume is only part one of the story, how/why it works remains opaque. There DOES seem to be something supernatural going on (that cover image is a literal scene from the book), but there's also a mysterious Incan descendant run ...more
Sammy
My review, as published in Tintin Books:

"The Seven Crystal Balls" is a wonderfully atmospheric album, in which fears of the supernatural meld perfectly with the scientific discoveries of the time. Anyone who grew up with the animated TV series will probably recall this one in great detail, as there is so much good material here: particularly notable is the agonising wait in Tarragon's manor, and the marvelous frame of the seven victims waking up on cue in their hospital beds, and screaming.

Altho
Jonathan
Herge’s adventures of Tintin were a boyhood staple in my reading habits. I returned to “The Seven Crystal Balls” with some trepidation, wondering if they would live up to the good memories.

This graphic novel starts when an archaeological expedition return from South America, carrying an Inca mummy. One by one the group succumbs to a curse that creates a strange illness over the group. Tintin is drawn in when his friend, Professor Calculus, is kidnapped after discovering something of what is goi
Michael Gerald Dealino
The first part of another mystery, The Seven Crystal Balls has that vintage Tintin, Snowy, and Captain Haddock, but also funny yet wholly irrelevant dimwittedness from the Thompson twins.

A sinister air of enigma permeates the whole story as a group of explorers that recovered an Inca mummy are each stricken with an inexplicable coma. Add to that, Professor Calculus disappears. The trails then leads to Peru, and the next book, The Prisoners of the Sun.
Dan
The Tintin stories for anyone who has read them and understands their history can't be viewed as anything other than groundbreaking. The beginnings of these stories have been around as long as the Lord of the Rings, the illustration and environments in the Tintin books are accurate and extremely detailed. Anyone who has spent even a little time exploring Herge (Georges Remi) can see the painstaking research and adversity he worked through to compose the world around Tintin. His ideas were ahead ...more
Maria Carmo
Very funny and exciting, this new adventure which ends as the start of the next one, which will take place in Peru... But first, in this book the curses and maledictions of Indian Kings turned to mummies, and the fact the "the bad guys" kidnapped Mr. Tournesol, spices up this whole book and lays the ground for the next one.

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon 15 January 2015.
Mahad
هيچوقت دوسش نداشتم.
Kris
Not as weird as some of the earlier books, but it's better, in the sense that the storytelling is tight and seems much more like it was mapped out in advance. The earlier books were adventures in surreal non-sequitur, and revolved heavily around Tintin being serially kidnapped--our hero has more agency now, and Haddock takes a stronger role in this volume. He and Tintin are really partners in this adventure (along with Professor Calculus). So far it's one of the more balanced of the volumes I've ...more
Leila Anani
Being only the first episode of a two-parter, the story in this one is somewhat lacking. Seven archaeologists who brought back an Inca mummy have been put into comas and the remains of shattered crystal balls have been found beside each victim. You have to wait until prisoners of the sun to find out whether this is indeed the mummy's curse or something else.

What is good about this one is the artwork - its Herge at his most precise - It also features all the best characters - Captain Haddock, The
From BBC Radio 4 Extra:
When explorers return from Peru and fall ill, the intrepid boy reporter is on the case.

This was my first book of Tintin I've read and it's still hard to decide which one is my favorite.
James
The opening installment of a two-parter that's wrapped up in "Prisoners of the Sun," "The Seven Crystal Balls" is fun but inessential. We get Tintin and Captain Haddock hanging out, Snowy causing mischief, and, for plot, a coma-inducing drug distributed in crystal balls taking out members of an expedition that removed an Inca king from his burial ground.

It's all decent enough, and Herge's art is lively, but this doesn't demand to be a volume of its own right. What transpires here could probably
Anna
Comme pour le dyptique Secret de la Licorne / Trésor de Rackamle rouge, on commence par un album où les protagonistes s'enquièrent du mystère sans trop s'éloigner de chez eux (Moulinsart, désormais demeure du capitaine Haddock, et l'appartement du 26 rue du Labrador que Tintin n'a pas encore laissé) avant de partir à l'aventure dans le deuxième. Ici, le lien entre les deux albums est encore plus fort puisque l'intrigue des 7 boules de cristal ne se dénoue absolument pas à la fin. Il faut attendr ...more
David Sarkies
Herge begins to explore the ethics of archaeology
8 February 2012

I believe that I have an older version of this particular album, namely because when Tintin is on the train, it is an old steam train as opposed to the electric train depicted in the Black Island. Also, I have noticed that not only are there some continuity errors (Captain Haddock never actually met General Alcazar until this album, but it is suggested that they have met and there is also reference to an adventure on the Red Sea, w
Helmut
Fortsetzungsgeschichte, die erste

Eine zusammenhängende Fortsetzungsgeschichte wird in "Le 7 Boules de Crystal" und Le Temple du Soleil erzählt (deshalb ist es erforderlich, die beiden Bände in dieser Reihenfolge zu lesen).

Qualitätsmäßig gibt es hier wie bei fast allen Tintin-Geschichten nichts zu bemängeln; hochqualitative, intelligente Comicunterhaltung, in der Spannung und Spaß deswegen nicht zu kurz kommen.

Die Geschichte, die erzählt wird, liegt mir besonders am Herzen; ich habe sie als Kind
Korynn
I don't know about you but the mummy is this first volume remains one of the creepiest monsters put on paper in my memory. This volume of Tintin is part one of two, and follows the story of the Captain fresh from buying Marlinspike Hall. I especially enjoy the beginning with the Captain's obvious efforts to look "posh" as benefitting his new position as owner of Marlinspike.
If, in your adulthood, you ever wonder about the asexual tone of Tintin, you can't help but look at the relationship betwe
Rachael Eyre
Classic middle period Tintin. What's not to like?

Although an expositonal volume for its sequel, Prisoners of the Sun, I actually prefer this story. There are some unforgettable moments- the Captain landing in an orchestra pit with a panto cow's head, the explorers falling under the curse, the blood freezing mummy Rascar Capac (remembered even by non fans!). I liked the hale and hearty Tarragon, and think it's a shame we don't see him after this adventure. Snowy is also in fine fettle in this sto
Abd al wahhab
i have to say this book used to scare me when i used to be a kid , and how the mummy was able to escape and everything .

what i like the most in Tin Tin stories is how they tell us and inform us about several historical events ( such as the discovery of the great fortune of tout anakh amoun )which is highly valuable for kids to know about and to seek the true stories after reading the book of Tin Tin .

Jasmine "Geoffery Crescent" Woods
One of Tintin's greatest strengths, its in-depth continuity, is actually a bit of a draw-back in an album like The Seven Crystal Balls. If you're not au fait with the back catalogue, you might have a hard time working out what's going on. The main issue for me, though, is that the story doesn't finish; you'll have to read Prisoners of the Sun to find out the rest. It's a nice little romp, I just wish it had ended properly!
Francis Bruynseels
Entertaining - not particularly memorable - some strange jumps in the plot like when the plane flies randomly from africa to india.

I don't remember reading this one as a child. I am beginning to think that rereading the stuff you enjoyed as a child might spoil good memories.
Moa Bernhardsson
Part one of a two-volume mystery where a bunch of archaeologists come home from an expedition with a curse thrown upon them. Tintin and his friends get involved due to the disappearing of Professor Calculus, because they believe that the two incidents may have something to do with each other. This features many characters, several unforgettable moments and is, according to me, maybe the most entertaining story of them all. The supernatural themes mixed with humor makes it a real page-turner.
Dan Wilson
This is the first of a 2-book story. Here, a version of the "mummy's curse" tale, in which European scientists who meddled with and looted an Inca tomb in Peru find themselves afflicted with a strange illness. Tintin and friends get drawn deeper and deeper into the mystery and its attendant dangers. Herge walks a tightrope between a supernatural explanation and a materialist one. The materialist explanation is arguably racist, although a counterargument is the framing from page one, in which a ( ...more
Catherine Woodman
We love the Tin Tin series since we traveled through the Loire. An expedition comes back from South America, having discovered the tomb of Rascar Capac and brought the mummy back for study. Soon, one by one, the members of the expedition lapse into a coma. Needless to say, One of them is a friend of Calculus' (and one thing I found a minor annoyance throughout the rest of the series-- the hearing aid Calculus procured during Explorers on the Moon was never seen again. It was a good joke for the ...more
Jack
So good! Well paced, action-packed, beautiful art. The lightning ball scene is exciting and fun. I love this one
Nina
یکی از بهترین و خاطره انگیزترین کتابهای دوران کودکی و حتی بعد از دوران کودکی
Retno
agak boring imho hahahaha, apalagi masih bersambung ke seri selanjutnya.
Andrea
What an adventure that Tintin, his pal Snowy, Captain Haddock and Professor Calculus are embarking upon. This is the start of another mystery that the famous boy reporter and his friends will indeed get to the bottom of. Plenty of action, adventure and intrigue! Who is behind the mysterious crystal fragments and the seven ill explorers? Find out in the next case, I am giving nothing away: you have to read this one first and then readPrisoners of the Sun. What fun!
Nadia Fadhillah
Aku baca bahasa Indonesia dan Prancisnya sekaligus.
Kereesa
Feb 08, 2015 Kereesa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody.
Recommended to Kereesa by: Marie-Claire Pitre
Funny, great art, and just all around fun! Can't believe I denied myself so long :P
  • Asterix in Corsica (Asterix, #20)
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
Georges Prosper Remi (22 May 1907 – 3 March 1983), better known by the pen name Hergé, was a Belgian comics writer and artist.
His best known and most substantial work is The Adventures of Tintin comic book series, which he wrote and illustrated from 1929 until his death in 1983, leaving the twenty-fourth Tintin adventure Tintin and Alph-Art unfinished. His work remains a strong influence on comics
More about Hergé...

Tintin (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Tintin in the Land of the Soviets (Tintin, #1)
  • Tintin au Congo (Tintin, #2)
  • Tintin in America (Tintin, #3 )
  • Cigars of the Pharaoh (Tintin, #4)
  • Le Lotus bleu (Tintin, #5)
  • The Broken Ear (Tintin, #6)
  • The Black Island (Tintin, #7)
  • King Ottokar’s Sceptre (Tintin, #8)
  • The Crab With the Golden Claws (Tintin, #9)
  • The Shooting Star (Tintin, #10)
Tintin in Tibet (Tintin, #20) Tintin in the Land of the Soviets (Tintin, #1) Red Rackham's Treasure (Tintin, #12) The Secret of the Unicorn (Tintin, #11) Cigars of the Pharaoh (Tintin, #4)

“Doctor Simons? This is Thomson... No, without a ‘P’, as in Venezuela...” 16 likes