The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics

The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Aline Komisky and Crumb collect all their collaboration strips from '74 to '92.
Published November 1st 1993 by Last Gasp

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics

Art
Old master Crumb's domestic tales are cute, well-illustrated and endearing, and when he sexually degrades his wife it somehow seems like all a bit of fun and doesn't change the appeal. But the novelty wears out after a while, and ironically, if the stories were a bit more boring (see American Splendor) they'd be more entertaining. This is the first collection of Crumb's that I've read, and I felt like I was starting John Lennon's catalogue with Double Fantasy.
I love the mix in these comics of Robert Crumb and Aline Kominsky-Crumb and then even Sophia later drawing herself. I love how honest Aline is in ther comics, when she talks about the negative reactions readers had to her sharing the page with her husband. As admirable as Robert Crumbs's art is, I love Aline's emotional frankness in every shaky, wavering line.
Alex
I know, it's a total classic of underground comics. Liked the thought. One issue of Dirty Laundry would have been enough for me.
Dr. Detroit
Dr. Detroit marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Flor
Flor marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Denisse Valdenegro
Denisse Valdenegro marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Mykola
Mykola marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Puji
Puji marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Georgiana
Georgiana marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Cal
Cal is currently reading it
Dec 24, 2013
Rhi Myfanwy
Rhi Myfanwy marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Adrian
Adrian added it
Sep 23, 2013
Talie Sheridan
Talie Sheridan marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Christina Salas
Christina Salas marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Peter Glewwe
Peter Glewwe marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Robert Dennis Crumb (born August 30, 1943)— is an American artist, illustrator, and musician recognized for the distinctive style of his drawings and his critical, satirical, subversive view of the American mainstream.

Crumb was a founder of the underground comix movement and is regarded as its most prominent figure. Though one of the most celebrated of comic book artists, Crumb's entire career has...more
More about R. Crumb...
The Book of Genesis The R. Crumb Handbook Heroes of Blues, Jazz, and Country The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book My Troubles With Women