Start by marking “The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics” as Want to Read:
The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics

The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Aline Komisky and Crumb collect all their collaboration strips from '74 to '92.
Published November 1st 1993 by Last Gasp

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Dirty Laundry Comics

Art
Old master Crumb's domestic tales are cute, well-illustrated and endearing, and when he sexually degrades his wife it somehow seems like all a bit of fun and doesn't change the appeal. But the novelty wears out after a while, and ironically, if the stories were a bit more boring (see American Splendor) they'd be more entertaining. This is the first collection of Crumb's that I've read, and I felt like I was starting John Lennon's catalogue with Double Fantasy.
I love the mix in these comics of Robert Crumb and Aline Kominsky-Crumb and then even Sophia later drawing herself. I love how honest Aline is in ther comics, when she talks about the negative reactions readers had to her sharing the page with her husband. As admirable as Robert Crumbs's art is, I love Aline's emotional frankness in every shaky, wavering line.
Alex
I know, it's a total classic of underground comics. Liked the thought. One issue of Dirty Laundry would have been enough for me.
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Jerod Duris
Jerod Duris marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Noah
Noah marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Mumdadfurr
Mumdadfurr marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Stan Cadman
Stan Cadman marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Singh
Singh marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Justine Morrow
Justine Morrow marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Haipham
Haipham marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Dr. Detroit
Dr. Detroit marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Flor
Flor marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Robert Dennis Crumb (born August 30, 1943)— is an American artist, illustrator, and musician recognized for the distinctive style of his drawings and his critical, satirical, subversive view of the American mainstream.

Crumb was a founder of the underground comix movement and is regarded as its most prominent figure. Though one of the most celebrated of comic book artists, Crumb's entire career has
More about Robert Crumb...
The Book of Genesis The R. Crumb Handbook Heroes of Blues, Jazz, and Country The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book My Troubles With Women