Start by marking “Shiloh (The Civil War Battle Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shiloh (The Civil War Battle Series, #2)

Shiloh (The Civil War Battle Series #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Second volume in the Civil War Battle Series sees hero Cory Brannon involved in the fight for control of the Mississippi and in love.
Published October 28th 1999 by Cumberland House Publishing (first published February 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Shiloh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shiloh

Josh
A great second book of the series, this story follows the path chosen by a second brother. Every new book pulls you further into the Brannon family dynamic. Even if you don't believe in the South's cause, you want this family to succeed through their hardships - and even in battle.
Dana
This is the second book in Reasoner's Civil War series. It follows a fictional southern family during the war. I was particularly interested in this book as it is about the Battle of Shiloh where one of my ancestors fought. However, it focused on one of the Brannon brothers who worked on a steamboat. I was amazed when, a few days after finishing this book, I found out the son-in-law of one of my ancestors was on a steamboat in this battle!

I'm really enjoying these books and will soon start #3.
Hank Pharis
So far these novels climax with one of the most famous battles of the Civil War. This one was almost as good as the first one.
Greg
Not a bad plotline and liked the characters, but the bad characters were a little too fundamentally "bad", and the main characters a bit too lionized. Real issue with the book is the title, as the scene and setting isn't located at Pittsburg Landing until page 333 of this 360 page book. Was expecting a great deal more account of the actual battle of Shiloh, and this book depicts Fort Henry and Fort Donelson with equal billing. Actually, this book is more characterized as a fiction set in the set ...more
Debbie
Second in the series, this one focuses on Corey, the brother who was barely mentioned in the first book. I didn't like him as much as I did the other brothers at first, but he grew on me. I am enjoying the series so much I started #3 as soon as I finished #2. Book #3 Antietam picks up back in Culpeper at the family farm.
Nick
I really enjoyed this second book in Mr. Reasoner's Civil War historical fiction series. This volume focuses on Cory and his travails as he encounters the war in the West. I enjoyed this book a bit more that the first. On to the next volume.
Porter
It was a good continuation of Manassas in the fictional Civil War Battle Series by James Reasoner. I had to go check out my geography along the Mississippi River paths though.
Danielle
Danielle is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2015
Ellen
Ellen added it
Aug 01, 2015
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Ezelwood
Ezelwood marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Kristen M
Kristen M marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Jason Gillock
Jason Gillock marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
James W.
James W. is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2015
Jeremy Hopkins
Jeremy Hopkins marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Yonie Wondernose
  • Nexus Point
  • To the Gates of Richmond: The Peninsula Campaign
  • Gettysburg: The Final Fury
  • Roll of thunder, hear my cry: By Mildred D. Taylor (Exploring literature)
  • Elsie Piddock Skips in Her Sleep (Candlewick Treasures)
  • Gentleman Captain
  • The Bones In The Attic (Charlie Peace, #7)
  • One More River
  • Hardtack and Coffee or, The Unwritten Story of Army Life
  • The Storm Book
  • Hawk, I'm Your Brother
  • War of the Black Curtain (The Jimmy Fincher Saga #4)
  • Until the End (U.S. Civil War, #2)
  • The Thanksgiving Story
  • Coming on Home Soon
  • The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night
  • Annie and the Old One

The Civil War Battle Series (10 books)
  • Manassas (The Civil War Battle Series, #1)
  • Antietam (The Civil War Battle Series, #3)
  • Chancellorsville (The Civil War Battle Series, #4)
  • Vicksburg (The Civil War Battle Series, #5)
  • Gettysburg (The Civil War Battle Series, #6)
  • Chickamauga (The Civil War Battle Series, #7)
  • Shenandoah (The Civil War Battle Series, #8)
  • Savannah (The Civil War Battle Series, #9)
  • Appomattox (The Civil War Battle Series, #10)
Manassas (The Civil War Battle Series, #1) Antietam (The Civil War Battle Series, #3) Wind River Chancellorsville (The Civil War Battle Series, #4) Vicksburg (The Civil War Battle Series, #5)