Nocover-blank-133x176
Penny Pinchin' Mama 5...

Jill Cooper

Penny Pinchin' Mama 500 ways I lived on $500 a month

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  6 reviews
As a single mother of two, best selling author Jill Cooper started her own business without any capital and paid off $35,000 debt in 5 years on $1,000 a month income.

She then raised two teenagers alone on $500 a month income after becoming disabled with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Now she is one of the best known money saving moms on the Internet.

In her book she shares how s...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Kellam Media and Publishing Inc. (first published 2008)

Buzybee7777
This book was a fast read. I read it in less than an hour. I think it probably took longer for me to decide to buy it than to read it. And if you need some tips on how to pinch those pennies it is a good one. For me this book is like reading an organizing book...I got it, I know how to do it, and for the most part I do all the things she mentions to do. I did learn three or four new ideas to save a few more dollars and I enjoyed her candor about not keeping up with the Jones's. So I'd recommend...more
Sharon
I'm halfway through this book, it's an easy read (larger type & well-sectioned). Some of it is stuff I have already learned from my mother, she is good at living well on low funds so I picked up many great habits from her. Some of the tips are things that I don't need yet .. fortunately I haven't gotten that desperate yet. And others are ideas that I hadn't thought of yet that I may try out. Always good to learn something new.
Ericka
I read this book a while ago after my 2nd divorce left me adrift in southern California, unemployed, and fighting for disability (which I'm still doing) and 2 small boys. This was the first set of suggestions I found out of dozens of books that weren't just common sense or things I'd already been doing since childhood. I have several of their books now and I'm on their email list. I haven't been disappointed yet.
Kathleen
This book gave me lots of ideas. It's definitely great for those on a fixed income or those who are interested in frugal living. The author has amazing suggestions.
Angie
I was disappointed when I received this book. Good ideas, but many of them I am already utilizing, so I didn't really learn anything "earth shattering".
Monica
Great money-saving ideas that people probably hadn't thought of before. Good to have in case we are ever in a financial bind. :)
Jöel Gerber
Jöel Gerber marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Tammie Calcutt
Tammie Calcutt marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Dorien
Dorien marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Vicki
Vicki added it
Jul 17, 2011
Valentine's Day On A Dime Thanksgiving On a Dime Should I Be A Stay At Home Mom The Best Homemade Cleaners: Recipes To Make Your Own Cleaning Products And Save! Dig Out of Debt Over 1000 of the Best Ideas From LivingOnADime.com