Start by marking “Penny Pinchin' Mama 500 ways I lived on $500 a month” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Penny Pinchin' Mama 5...

Jill Cooper

Penny Pinchin' Mama 500 ways I lived on $500 a month

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  12 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
As a single mother of two, best selling author Jill Cooper started her own business without any capital and paid off $35,000 debt in 5 years on $1,000 a month income.

She then raised two teenagers alone on $500 a month income after becoming disabled with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Now she is one of the best known money saving moms on the Internet.

In her book she shares how s
Published September 1st 2008 by Kellam Media and Publishing Inc. (first published 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Penny Pinchin' Mama 500 ways I lived on $500 a month

Buzybee7777
Jul 28, 2010 Buzybee7777 rated it liked it
This book was a fast read. I read it in less than an hour. I think it probably took longer for me to decide to buy it than to read it. And if you need some tips on how to pinch those pennies it is a good one. For me this book is like reading an organizing book...I got it, I know how to do it, and for the most part I do all the things she mentions to do. I did learn three or four new ideas to save a few more dollars and I enjoyed her candor about not keeping up with the Jones's. So I'd recommend ...more
Sharon
Sep 20, 2008 Sharon rated it liked it
I'm halfway through this book, it's an easy read (larger type & well-sectioned). Some of it is stuff I have already learned from my mother, she is good at living well on low funds so I picked up many great habits from her. Some of the tips are things that I don't need yet .. fortunately I haven't gotten that desperate yet. And others are ideas that I hadn't thought of yet that I may try out. Always good to learn something new.
Ericka
Feb 12, 2013 Ericka rated it it was amazing
I read this book a while ago after my 2nd divorce left me adrift in southern California, unemployed, and fighting for disability (which I'm still doing) and 2 small boys. This was the first set of suggestions I found out of dozens of books that weren't just common sense or things I'd already been doing since childhood. I have several of their books now and I'm on their email list. I haven't been disappointed yet.
Kathleen
Jun 16, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it
This book gave me lots of ideas. It's definitely great for those on a fixed income or those who are interested in frugal living. The author has amazing suggestions.
Angie
May 16, 2012 Angie rated it it was ok
I was disappointed when I received this book. Good ideas, but many of them I am already utilizing, so I didn't really learn anything "earth shattering".
Monica
Jan 06, 2016 Monica rated it really liked it
Great money-saving ideas that people probably hadn't thought of before. Good to have in case we are ever in a financial bind. :)
Brieana Weybright
Brieana Weybright rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Katie Newton
Katie Newton is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2015
Daina Re
Daina Re marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Jöel Gerber
Jöel Gerber marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Tammie Calcutt
Tammie Calcutt marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Kim Painter
Kim Painter rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2013
Dorien
Dorien marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
May 03, 2013
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Coco
Coco rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2011
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2014