Start by marking “So Much For My Happy Ending” as Want to Read:
So Much For My Happy Ending

So Much For My Happy Ending

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  422 ratings  ·  50 reviews
When her boyfriend of three months, Tad Showers, proposes, twenty-six-year-old April thinks that everything in her life is finally falling into place. Between her flaky, tree-hugging mother and her she-devil boss, marriage seems like the place she'll find love and security. Tad's exactly the kind of man April wants: smart, ambitious and wildly romantic.

But soon after they

Published November 1st 2006 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about So Much For My Happy Ending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Much For My Happy Ending

Elizabeth
I've enjoyed previous books by Kyra Davis, and was looking forward to reading this book. There were some aspects of the book that I did like, and I thought it was very well written. It kept my attention and most of the characters were well written.
However - I thought that the main character was pathetic, and that the plot was poorly written.
In my opinion, there was nothing subtle about this plot -- it beat you over the head with some of the points it was trying to make, then made a big deal ab
Ashlie
I really enjoyed this book. I felt an emotional connection with the main character and was able to sympathize with what she was going through. I was surprised after reading this book to see so many low ratings and bad comment. I can't fault people for their opinions. I believe it's possible that someone who is a Sophie Katz fan may have come into this book expecting something different. This is not a murder mystery, chick lit, day at the beach read. This was a book about mental illness, personal ...more
Melissa Ward
Kyra Davis - So Much For My Happy Ending
Myra Books, 2006

Of all Kyrs Davis' books, So Much For My Happy Ending is the least entertaining. It is her only book thus far that strays from the "Sophie Katz" series, which may very well be where her mistake lies. The story is extremely difficult to follow at times and hard to get through. This could be due to the lack of connection between character and reader. In a character series, the reader forms a bond with the main character. In this book, however
Meg Myers
I loved this book. Its not like the your normal romance book. I found it funny and enjoyable. I myself connected to the charactor over her miscarrage. I myself just went thru a similar situation and it was something that really made me apprechiate the book more.
Nicole
So i totally loved this book. I can somewhat relate to this story but not totally, my boyfriend is bipolar but nothing like Tad. lol... i loved the story and Kyra is my favorite author. So i would reccomend this book to anyone.
Creativeuser15
This was a wonderful book, I couldn't put it down! It was filled with drama and the storyline never died down. It was an easy read, sarcastic, and I enjoyed every minute of it!
Caroline Alicia
Bonnie Gayle
Aug 09, 2007 Bonnie Gayle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of stories where the woman has to be strong and move on.
This is the story of a woman who gets married after 3 months of knowing the guy, and after marriage, his behavior becomes increasingly erratic. Following the honeymoon from hell, she discovers that he doesn't sleep, his spending is out of control, he lies to her, and he's getting more and more violent. It ends up that he's bipolar, and she's very unhappy with him, but when you've said your wedding vows, and really want to mean them, when do you decide that enough is enough?
I knew someone in coll
Esther
April has found her Adonis, Tad, and is beeming with happiness. Tad then proposes to April after dating for five months, an irrational and quick decision that April has to recoil from and reply. April agrees to marry Tad, thinking that he's perfect and everything she needs. When April and Tad wed, she is hit with numerous bombshells that leave her speechless, and she has to hurdle obstacles by herself, and one of those obstacles include Tad. Not only does she find out that Tad is in debt from t ...more
Avid Reader
I didn't enjoy this book though it was well written. The female lead, engaged to a guy after 3 months of dating, ignores all the signs that something is wrong with him mentally. The signs were HUGE and she was in denial. He was a liar and sociopath and I got tired of her giving in to him and doubting herself. She also gives in to friends, her mother, her boss, etc.

This is my first book by Kyra Davis and probably my last.
Katie
I really like the Sophie Katz series, but this book was not so good. It was too long and the main character was not so smart. I can't even remember the main characters name, but there was something about her that I didn't like. She's been dating this guy who seems super sweet, but won't share very much of his past with her. She's only been dating him for 3 months when he asks her to marry him. She doesn't really want to marry him, but says yes anyway hoping they'll have a long engagement. I won' ...more
Sara
it only took me one weekend to go through this book, it was cute but not much else
Christi Tollinger
I just finished this book. It was a very good read. The story is basically one where the couple only knows each other for a short period of time and become engaged and married within 6 months. The woman in the story thinks she has the perfect husband and perfect marriage. It shows us all that we must not judge things from the outside and that sometimes the ones with think we know have dark deep secrets. I enjoyed this book because it was an easy read but also shows us that we must be strong and ...more
Lori
A fanatastic book about marriage and choices that we think we make for ourselves when others that we trust are really making them for us. April is a believable character that represents at l;east 60% of women in America and their need for a normal life and a normal marriage...both cases rarely come true!
Cheers to Kyra Davis for breaking away from Sphie - though we love her so - and giving us this poignant novel about life, marriage and the choices we make which ultimately may seem safe, but can
Nancy
Jul 30, 2011 Nancy added it
Random library selection, found in the romance section, It should have been in the boring chit lit part of the fiction section. Not a romance novel. Rather boring and unrealistic to me. She should've walked and dumped him on his butt the 1st time he went nutty. Who's so blind? Who puts up with that crap? Who pays off the credit card bill instead of filing a police report? Didn't make sense to reality. Characters were wooden and stale. I think Jeremiah was supposed to be the hot bad boy, but it d ...more
Regina Malone
Apr 09, 2013 Regina Malone added it
Shelves: dislike
When I first start reading about April Silverperson I couldn't warm up to her but continue reading thinking I would in time.
It never happen when she found out her husband Todd crazy behavior was due to he was bipolar and not wanting him after he couldn't be fix....
Wish I hadn't brought the book.

This was the first book of Kyra Davis I read not sure if I want to read another.
Ashley
I just happened to read the back of the book just to see what it was about, and decided to reas it because it seemed pretty interesting. After I started reading it, and saw how the main character (April) could marry someone after just 3 months of dating, it wasn't that hard to figure out that her "Mr. Right" was truly "Mr. WRONG". Great book, but I just wished it had a better ending.
I_heart_snape
This book was really good even though April came off as a bit pretentious and overly-dramatic. It's funny to me that she cut out of her marriage over a little thing like mental instability when I've seen so many people around me stay in relationships much worse, for much longer. I suppose Perhaps it desensitized me to her trials a bit, but regardless I enjoyed this book.
Erica
This book was like a really long public service announcement for mental health. I half way expected there to be a 1-800 hotline number at the end of the book. Other than the forced nature of the portrayal of mental health symptomes, I liked the book. I actually enjoyed some of the supporting characters more then the main characters (some of them seemed a little flat).
Sandy
This was not as good as the Sophie Katz series but still enjoyable. The characters were intetesting, however, it was predictable. It was a little drawn out and at some points a bit over the top. The main character is whitty like Sophie Katz and that is part of Kyra Davis' writing style I have come to love.
Emily Jane Thompson
DO NOT READ when you need a pick me up. This one left me a little sad, but the characters were great, and I believed I was reading the story of a real marriage build on dishonesty. This was much darker than Davis' other books, but still a great, easy read.
Loida
You must not read this thinking of Kyra Davis' character Sophie Katz. This is a very different book but it's a book that really makes you think. It's not a comedy/mystery like the Sophie Katz series but it is very good and very well-written.
Carol
Kim
There was nothing good about this book. It truly had potential, but at about the halfway point, it just went all downhill. I was so aggravated with the main character, and the way Kyra Davis just so abruptly "ended" the book.
Kim
It just seemed strange. I couldn't follow where the writer was trying to take me with the story, so I just stopped trying & will return it to the library. I really love her mystery series, so I will stick with it.
Chloe Hassell
Not the worst book I've ever read, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it unless I met someone who loves to read about someone whining constantly over her psycho husband, weird mom, and how much she hates her job.
Kaitlin
I like that this book was an easy, mindless read and that I was able to put it down and pick it up whenever I had some time. It didn't always leave me wanting more, but I did enjoy the read.
Kellie Eizensmits
I cant say it was a "poignant" book by any means, but it was humerous and moving, I felt for April, the main character, and the other characters. I liked the sexy scenes...well written.
Hollyhocks
I bought this book off itunes cuz of loving Kyra Davis so much but then ended up a bit disappointed. The book took too long to get to the end and was far-fetched in a not-so-good way.
Nicolette

Best book I've read in a long time! Kyra Davis is one of my favorites and she always knows the right time for the humor. I will definitely be reading this book again.
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • Lucky Girl
  • Girls Night
  • Sleeping Over
  • Bundle of Joy?
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • An Ex To Grind: A Novel
  • Babyland
  • Like a Charm
  • Substitute Me
  • 21 Steps To Happiness (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • A Wild Affair (Jessica Wild, #2)
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • My Fabulous Divorce
  • Passport Diaries: A Novel
  • The Memoir Club
New York Times bestselling author of JUST ONE NIGHT, DECEPTIVE INNOCENCE, the Sophie Katz mysteries, SO MUCH FOR MY HAPPY ENDING and the upcoming DANGEROUS ALLIANCE (Dec.31st) JUST ONCE MORE (June 22nd) and JUST ONE LIE (July 28th).
More about Kyra Davis...
The Stranger (Just One Night, #1) Exposed (Just One Night, #2) Sex, Murder And A Double Latte (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #1) Binding Agreement (Just One Night, #3) Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #2)

“I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. It's always like that. You think you've blown something off and then you say it out loud and suddenly you're all choked up and pathetic.” 13 likes