Start by marking “Putting on the Mind of Christ: The Inner Work of Christian Spirituality: The Inner Work of Christian Spirituality” as Want to Read:

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  80 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
What does it mean to follow the path of Christ today? "Putting on the Mind of Christ" is the first book to offer an integral understanding of the Christian spiritual path--one that examines the basic stages of spiritual development described by the great saints and sages, along with the psychological stages of development used by modern psychology.

American mystic Jim Mario
Published November 1st 2002 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Putting on the Mind of Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Putting on the Mind of Christ

Rachelle
Feb 05, 2009 Rachelle rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get through this book, as I really had to chew on certain concepts before reading on. If you are yearning for a deeper understanding of God and the spiritual path, if you find the current religious structures and biblical teachings to be rigid and dogmatic, if you feel there is more out there than the Catholics or the Protestants have taught so far, this book will help you.

Keep an open mind to less-traditional views of the Christian faith, the spiritual path and of humanit
Jeremy Fyke
Aug 09, 2011 Jeremy Fyke rated it it was amazing
This book is truly amazing and inspiring work. Marion does a masterful job mapping out the entire path to the Kingdom of Heaven, which is the highest level of human consciousness. Marion integrates excerpts from the great spiritual thinkers and writers throughout history. This book inspires us to continue our spiritual journey toward the Christ Consciousness. In so doing, we can experience and understand the world as pure Spirit, through the love that is possible when we put on the mind of Chris ...more
Matt
Nov 26, 2007 Matt rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: seekers
That there is full on spiritual path from Baby to Christhood that can be seen and walked in this life and that this is what Jesus was talking about and trying to get folks to take up. This book describes each stage of human development according to the Christian tradition. It has never been done before.
Jane Mason
Jan 12, 2008 Jane Mason rated it it was amazing
This book will guide you on a tour of your own soul. A must. This author is brilliant. Thank you Jim
Ron
May 22, 2011 Ron rated it really liked it
This is a very good exploration of what Christianity/Christian Spirituality looks and feels like if the religious seeker actually tries to live a life "in Christ". Marion is not in an ivory tower. He takes spirituality where we all find it: in our physical selves from the time we are born. He shares his own journey/struggles. He makes good use of developmental psychology, both personal and communal, and then moves into areas most of us have not experienced deeply if at all. He also references ot ...more
Jan 20, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is a work of genius. Marion puts the world's mysticism together under a Christian framework while upholding each religion's integrity. He gave me a deeper understanding of my own experience on the spiritual path, a sense of where I am and where I have yet to go. He also had me, not only contemplating, but considering elements of spiritual beliefs that I have always found suspect. Bravo, Jim. This is a work for the ages.
Robert Mackie
The first half gets 4 stars, the second half gets minus 1 star, for a grand total of 3.
Amy
May 25, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing
some stuff I just loved- made copies of several pages (since I got it at the library) so I can review them and remember. alot of stuff i didn't get or relate to.
Susan Janke
Feb 16, 2013 Susan Janke rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. I feel like a whole new understanding opened up inside me.
F.C. Etier
Mar 25, 2010 F.C. Etier rated it liked it
I found this book difficult to read, yet it helped awaken my thinking.
Broant Muhammad
Broant Muhammad marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Chris Craddock
Chris Craddock marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Kata
Kata added it
Jan 29, 2016
Jon Burnham
Jon Burnham rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Jim Lorton
Jim Lorton marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Ed Wojniak
Ed Wojniak marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Rob Henderson
Rob Henderson marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Rob Hendricks
Rob Hendricks marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Martin Kay
Martin Kay marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Allen Freedman
Allen Freedman rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Deanna Carter
Deanna Carter rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Robbie Brown
Robbie Brown rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Connie Backus-yoder
Connie Backus-yoder marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015