Wake Up, It's Spring!

Wake Up, It's Spring!

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  20 reviews
" One day the earth gets a warm wake-up call from the sun -- it's Spring

Earth tells a little worm, and before long the happy gossip travels far and wide. . . ."

Lisa Campbell Ernst celebrates the awakening of life that comes with Spring.

Her playful words and pictures resonate with the cheeriness that rises with the season.
Published January 8th 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Wake Up, It's Spring!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wake Up, It's Spring!

Ina
Great Storytiime opener for a spring-themed storytime. After a long cold winter, one day the sun warms the earth and tells it to wake up since spring is here...the message gets passed along, from earth to earthworm, to seed, to ladybug...and so on until everyone is awake and dancing in the spring sunshine.
Caroline
I liked how the animals woke up all the other animals when spring arrived but the length became a problem; it could have stopped with the animals but extended into an entire family waking up. Too much length for story time. I did like the illustrations and simple text though.
Edward Creter
A beautifully inked, drawn and told story of spring that celebrates life the way it's meant to be celebrated--with love, warmth and the Grace of God. A pure wonder!
Ina
This is a wonderfully illustrated book with simple text. Sun wakes the earth with the news that Spring is here - and the word passes from character to character. My story time audience loved that each new character opened one eye at a time, when told to wake up, it's spring. When all the characters are dancing in the warm spring sun, the kids all pointed out the characters. This was a very engaging story time read.
Cheryl in CC NV
The text is sequentially patterned and quite nice, almost poetic. The illustrations, though, are too cartoony for my taste for this happy little book. I think if I were the editor I'd get a different illustrator, or design this as a board book, because BBs are good for pattern stories that can be read over and over.
Teri
Apr 11, 2011 Teri rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: spring
Fun spring story--we happend to read it a week and a half ago during the 70 degree spell we had, and it really did feel like the first true day of spring. :)
Meg McGregor
A combination of great repetition and beguiling pictures makes this a great book to help explain to your little one about the wonders of spring.
Edna
Illustrations are fine but the text that introduces spring sounds too much like the first chapter of Genesis, "And then there was . . ."
Janderson
This is a pretty good story book for spring story time. It gets a little long, but kids have fun pointing out what comes next.
Tricia
book tells the story of how spring brings life through the worm, ladybug, baby, etc. will try for storytime. cute pictures.
Amy
This book is a little bit boring but could be good for a preschool/kindergarten program about spring.
Megan Ekins
I would read this to a young class in a second and then go outside with music and dance around in the spring!
Sandybear76
a favorite book for springtime storytime. read it yesterday to preschoolers. a happy book.
Tanya W
Darling spring story for young children... the kids didn't like it as well as I did.
June
May 30, 2013 June rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: spring requests
Recommended to June by: Katie Fitzgerald
Sun wakes up earth, earth wakes up worm, ...because it's spring.
Mollywainio
good to have right at change of season
Katie Casey
Cute illustrations & fun read!
Rose
Anya R
Anya R added it
Aug 26, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Gingerbread Girl The Gingerbread Girl Goes Animal Crackers Little Red Riding Hood: A Newfangled Prairie Tale (Stories to Go!) Stella Louella's Runaway Book The Turn-Around, Upside-Down Alphabet Book