Start by marking “Uncatalogued (A Booklover's Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
Uncatalogued (A Booklover's Mystery, #6)

Uncatalogued (A Booklover's Mystery #6)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A diary someone would kill to keep secret...

It promises to be the find of the century: documents by famed diarist Samuel Pepys rumored to be in the U.S. — which is where publisher Alex Plumtree and his fiancée, Sarah, are headed for his college reunion.

Then bizarre things start happening ... a Royal accident imperils the succession and fiery violence rocks London, mimicki...more
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published January 2nd 2002 by Crimeline

To ask other readers questions about Uncatalogued, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncatalogued

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz ZafónThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldThe Historian by Elizabeth KostovaThe Name of the Rose by Umberto EcoThe Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Best Bibliomystery Books
49th out of 108 books — 68 voters
The Book Thief by Markus ZusakFahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyMatilda by Roald DahlThe Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz ZafónThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Books about Books
469th out of 642 books — 966 voters

More lists with this book...

Patty
This book might have sat on my shelf for a long time, but at the last minute I picked it up this weekend to take on the boat. I needed a book that I didn't really care what happened to it and for better or worse, this one fell in that category. It is a library discard.

Serendipity helped me make a good choice. This book was a lot of fun and kept my interest. The main characters are deeply involved in the world of books - one of my pet subjects.

Alex Plumtree is a Pepys expert, a book publisher and...more
Jodi
May 13, 2009 Jodi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mystery lovers, readers who like books about books
Recommended to Jodi by: no one
Having read a previous book by this author that I liked, I was not disappointed by this one. In fact, I enjoyed it even more. However, I can't really say what I liked without making it a plot-spoiler. Here's the description from the back of the book:

"It promises to be the find of the century: documents by famed diarist Samuel Pepys rumoured to be in the U.S. -- which is where publisher Alex Plumtree and fiance Sarah, are headed for his college reunion. Then bizarre things started happening ... a...more
Elsie Klumpner
I've enjoyed the other books in the series, although they are a little formulaic. It was nice to have Alex's wife, Sarah, front and center in this one. I was beginning to think she would never really appear in the books. This one differed from the others in that it is set primarily in the United States rather than London. Using Samuel Pepys's diary as the central theme was good. I have read it but I learned more abut it in this book. Some of the characters were less well-drawn than I would have...more
Rebecca
Very enjoyable. A little slow initially, but it got going fast after that. Plenty of unexpected twists to keep me puzzled. Oddly I found one small section with several typos... perhaps added later. Otherwise well edited as far as I could tell on a quick read. Good distraction from an upset stomach.
Terry
This sixth book in the Booklover's Mystery series certainly shows improvement over the first one. There is more about books and publishing. The plotting is crisper and more focussed. The protagonist is finally married, although there is still far too much about his infatuation. Overall, while I enjoyed this volume more than the first in the series, I don't really feel a need to track down the intervening titles.
Aletha Tavares
Its nice and racy. however it jumps, the silent looks between the protagonists, leaves you wondering what exactly happened! so there is a lot of underlying stuff that i could not figure out, but all in all a good read and now i know what can happen when things as valuable as uncatalogued stuff surfaces! As a keeper of books, i better be careful!:-)
Carol Best
This was the best one in the series so far in my opinion. Poor Alex Plumtree...the author beats him to a pulp in every one of her books. Too much violence...let's calm down...surely all these attacks are not necessary to the story.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
Not as good as the previous book in the series, but still a good read. The protagonist gets into an unreasonable number of near death situations in each book, imho. But the lore is fascinating for anyone who enjoys all things biblio.
Ellen
Absorbing, enlightening and suspenseful: a 21st-century novel built around 17th-century chronicler Samuel Pepys.
Denise
This whole series was fabulous. Some of the best "bibliomysteries" that I have read.
Kathy
I have enjoyed all of they Alex Plumtree series.
Shonna Froebel
Some apparent gaps in story
Ms. Beak In A Book
Ms. Beak In A Book marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Gage
Gage marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
J. Dallas
J. Dallas marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Carolyn Injoy
Carolyn Injoy marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Peter Groenink
Peter Groenink marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Darianne Angel
Darianne Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Unsolicited (A Booklover's Mystery, #1) Unbound (A Booklover's Mystery, #2) Untitled (A Booklover's Mystery, #4) Unprintable (A Book Lover's Mystery, #3) Unsigned (A Booklover's Mystery, #5)