Start by marking “Uncatalogued (A Booklover's Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
Uncatalogued (A Booklover's Mystery, #6)

Uncatalogued (A Booklover's Mystery #6)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A diary someone would kill to keep secret...

It promises to be the find of the century: documents by famed diarist Samuel Pepys rumored to be in the U.S. — which is where publisher Alex Plumtree and his fiancée, Sarah, are headed for his college reunion.

Then bizarre things start happening ... a Royal accident imperils the succession and fiery violence rocks London, mimicki
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published January 2nd 2002 by Crimeline

To ask other readers questions about Uncatalogued, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncatalogued

Patty
This book might have sat on my shelf for a long time, but at the last minute I picked it up this weekend to take on the boat. I needed a book that I didn't really care what happened to it and for better or worse, this one fell in that category. It is a library discard.

Serendipity helped me make a good choice. This book was a lot of fun and kept my interest. The main characters are deeply involved in the world of books - one of my pet subjects.

Alex Plumtree is a Pepys expert, a book publisher and
Jodi
May 13, 2009 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mystery lovers, readers who like books about books
Recommended to Jodi by: no one
Having read a previous book by this author that I liked, I was not disappointed by this one. In fact, I enjoyed it even more. However, I can't really say what I liked without making it a plot-spoiler. Here's the description from the back of the book:

"It promises to be the find of the century: documents by famed diarist Samuel Pepys rumoured to be in the U.S. -- which is where publisher Alex Plumtree and fiance Sarah, are headed for his college reunion. Then bizarre things started happening ... a
Elsie Klumpner
Nov 18, 2013 Elsie Klumpner rated it liked it
I've enjoyed the other books in the series, although they are a little formulaic. It was nice to have Alex's wife, Sarah, front and center in this one. I was beginning to think she would never really appear in the books. This one differed from the others in that it is set primarily in the United States rather than London. Using Samuel Pepys's diary as the central theme was good. I have read it but I learned more abut it in this book. Some of the characters were less well-drawn than I would have ...more
Rebecca
Jan 02, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable. A little slow initially, but it got going fast after that. Plenty of unexpected twists to keep me puzzled. Oddly I found one small section with several typos... perhaps added later. Otherwise well edited as far as I could tell on a quick read. Good distraction from an upset stomach.
Terry
Nov 21, 2012 Terry rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This sixth book in the Booklover's Mystery series certainly shows improvement over the first one. There is more about books and publishing. The plotting is crisper and more focussed. The protagonist is finally married, although there is still far too much about his infatuation. Overall, while I enjoyed this volume more than the first in the series, I don't really feel a need to track down the intervening titles.
Aletha Tavares
Nov 29, 2010 Aletha Tavares rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Its nice and racy. however it jumps, the silent looks between the protagonists, leaves you wondering what exactly happened! so there is a lot of underlying stuff that i could not figure out, but all in all a good read and now i know what can happen when things as valuable as uncatalogued stuff surfaces! As a keeper of books, i better be careful!:-)
Carol Best
Apr 25, 2014 Carol Best rated it liked it
This was the best one in the series so far in my opinion. Poor Alex Plumtree...the author beats him to a pulp in every one of her books. Too much violence...let's calm down...surely all these attacks are not necessary to the story.
❂ Jennifer
Nov 18, 2010 ❂ Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Not as good as the previous book in the series, but still a good read. The protagonist gets into an unreasonable number of near death situations in each book, imho. But the lore is fascinating for anyone who enjoys all things biblio.
Ellen
Dec 06, 2013 Ellen rated it really liked it
Absorbing, enlightening and suspenseful: a 21st-century novel built around 17th-century chronicler Samuel Pepys.
Denise
Mar 28, 2010 Denise rated it it was amazing
This whole series was fabulous. Some of the best "bibliomysteries" that I have read.
Kathy
Nov 10, 2010 Kathy rated it liked it
I have enjoyed all of they Alex Plumtree series.
Shonna Froebel
Jul 06, 2013 Shonna Froebel rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Some apparent gaps in story
Alia
Alia marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Loretta
Loretta rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Staci
Staci rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
D. Starr
D. Starr rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Heather Maoury
Heather Maoury marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Eric Nuckolls
Eric Nuckolls rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Nkm
Nkm rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Dickon Thompson
Dickon Thompson rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Amanda  Sullivan
Amanda Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Rosemary Zurawel
Rosemary Zurawel rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Death's Autograph (Dido Hoare, #1)
  • Murder Past Due (Megan Clark, #3)
  • Miss Zukas Shelves the Evidence (Miss Zukas, #8)
  • The Sign of the Book (Cliff Janeway, #4)
  • Design For Murder (Death On Demand, #2)
  • Among the Gently Mad: Strategies and Perspectives for the Book-Hunter in the 21st Century
  • Swan for the Money (Meg Langslow, #11)
  • Dead Days of Summer (Death on Demand, #17)
  • Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4)
  • An Alphabetical Life: Living It Up in the World of Books
  • The Goodbye Body (Claire Malloy, #15)
  • Mrs. Tim Gets A Job
  • The Case of the Ill-Gotten Goat
  • Murder at Monticello (Homer Kelly, #15)

A Booklover's Mystery (6 books)
  • Unsolicited (A Booklover's Mystery, #1)
  • Unbound (A Booklover's Mystery, #2)
  • Unprintable (A Book Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Untitled (A Booklover's Mystery, #4)
  • Unsigned (A Booklover's Mystery, #5)