Start by marking “The Littlest Witch” as Want to Read:
The Littlest Witch

The Littlest Witch

Published March 12th 1962 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about The Littlest Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littlest Witch

Stephanie Christian
Mar 27, 2008 Stephanie Christian rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books as a child. I've read it at least 124 times. I believe it's out of print. Loved the simple illustrations. Magical read.
Lisa Vegan
Oct 04, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: for Halloween read alouds or for reading to self, for kids who can enjoy old fashioned books
Oh, I loved this book when I was in second grade. It might not have even been my first reading of it but as soon as I started (re)reading this, I remembered it from the week before that Halloween.

It’s more of a story book with illustrations than a standard picture book; it’s very text heavy, but it makes for a wonderful read aloud and also a good book for independent readers.

I loved the littest witch and was delighted with which kind of witch she became. I loved the amusing aspects of the story
Ellie
Feb 21, 2011 Ellie rated it it was amazing
One of the delights of belonging to goodreads is the rediscovery of books I've read and forgotten, particularly books from my childhood. I read this book when it first came out, through a class bookclub which was the primary way I got new books when I was a child, books being prohibitively expensive in my income bracket. Luckily my parents (although less so than myself) were dedicated to books-my father to history, my mother to plays & literature. It's thanks to that that I have a reading ba ...more
Patty
Dec 10, 2010 Patty rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I ever read all the way through. My first grade teacher sat me down and made me read a book all the way through...I found I could actually relate to this story.
I recently found a copy on ebay (its way out of print now)...it now sits on my shelf as a reminder of my first grade teacher who cared enough to push me where others did not.
I miss Mrs.Fanta...
ABC
Oct 08, 2010 ABC rated it really liked it
Shelves: older-kids
This is a cute book about a witch who wants to win a race to the moon--but there are surprises along the way! This is well-written but it is MUCH wordier than most modern picture books. Even though the writing style is completely opposite to "Magic Tree House" type books, I think this sort of book is important for kids today.
Susan Griscom
Jul 25, 2011 Susan Griscom rated it it was amazing
I remember reading this as a child. I believe it was the very first book I ever read on my own. I wish I had a copy of it now.
Carrie Ridgeway
Sep 16, 2009 Carrie Ridgeway rated it it was amazing
Shelves: halloween
Read this book in elementary school and still remember loving it and I'm 49 now!
Jackie
Feb 01, 2012 Jackie rated it really liked it
I thought I had read this as a kid, but it was The Wednesday Witch that I had read instead. I read this one anyway. It was really cute. Nice Halloween story.
Kathie
Sep 22, 2011 Kathie rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite childhood books! Too bad it is so hard to find a copy now that it is out of print.
Melanie
Halloween
Therese Hoehn
Apr 08, 2015 Therese Hoehn rated it it was amazing
Kids loved to be read this at Halloween time
Cynthia Cumbie
Cynthia Cumbie rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
Shanna
Shanna rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2012
Middlethought
Middlethought rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2017
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2010
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Janet Fogg
Janet Fogg rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2009
Jean Elledge
Jean Elledge rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Shaz123
Shaz123 rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Pam Cipkowski
Pam Cipkowski rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
Taylor Kundel-Gower
Taylor Kundel-Gower rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Mattie DeAngelis
Mattie DeAngelis rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2016
Serena Hostvet
Serena Hostvet rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2015
What's The Name o...: picture book about a sad witch [s] 2 34 Nov 01, 2011 09:29AM