Start by marking “The Littlest Witch” as Want to Read:
The Littlest Witch

The Littlest Witch

4.65 of 5 stars 4.65  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Published March 12th 1962 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about The Littlest Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littlest Witch

Stephanie Christian
One of my favorite books as a child. I've read it at least 124 times. I believe it's out of print. Loved the simple illustrations. Magical read.
Ellie
One of the delights of belonging to goodreads is the rediscovery of books I've read and forgotten, particularly books from my childhood. I read this book when it first came out, through a class bookclub which was the primary way I got new books when I was a child, books being prohibitively expensive in my income bracket. Luckily my parents (although less so than myself) were dedicated to books-my father to history, my mother to plays & literature. It's thanks to that that I have a reading ba ...more
Lisa Vegan
Oct 22, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: for Halloween read alouds or for reading to self, for kids who can enjoy old fashioned books
Oh, I loved this book when I was in second grade. It might not have even been my first reading of it but as soon as I started (re)reading this, I remembered it from the week before that Halloween.

It’s more of a story book with illustrations than a standard picture book; it’s very text heavy, but it makes for a wonderful read aloud and also a good book for independent readers.

I loved the littest witch and was delighted with which kind of witch she became. I loved the amusing aspects of the story
Therese Hoehn
Kids loved to be read this at Halloween time
Patty
This was the first book I ever read all the way through. My first grade teacher sat me down and made me read a book all the way through...I found I could actually relate to this story.
I recently found a copy on ebay (its way out of print now)...it now sits on my shelf as a reminder of my first grade teacher who cared enough to push me where others did not.
I miss Mrs.Fanta...
Kirei
This is a cute book about a witch who wants to win a race to the moon--but there are surprises along the way! This is well-written but it is MUCH wordier than most modern picture books. Even though the writing style is completely opposite to "Magic Tree House" type books, I think this sort of book is important for kids today.
Jackie
I thought I had read this as a kid, but it was The Wednesday Witch that I had read instead. I read this one anyway. It was really cute. Nice Halloween story.
Susan Griscom
I remember reading this as a child. I believe it was the very first book I ever read on my own. I wish I had a copy of it now.
Kathie
One of my favorite childhood books! Too bad it is so hard to find a copy now that it is out of print.
Carrie
Read this book in elementary school and still remember loving it and I'm 49 now!
Melanie
Halloween
Betsy Minium
Betsy Minium marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Teresa Stubsten
Teresa Stubsten marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Munai
Munai marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Sharon Patterson
Sharon Patterson marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Taylor Baker-Gower
Taylor Baker-Gower marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Yvette Corporan
Yvette Corporan marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Cindy Barraza
Cindy Barraza marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Marvene Gubler
Marvene Gubler marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Cindy Collier
Cindy Collier marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
Oct 05, 2014
Leslie Matthews
Leslie Matthews marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Dfaronsyahoo.com
Dfaronsyahoo.com marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What's The Name o...: picture book about a sad witch [s] 2 32 Nov 01, 2011 09:29AM
The littlest witch