Start by marking “The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)

The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries #7)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,418 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
G is for Gold...

Published December 29th 1998 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Goose's Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goose's Gold

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniThe Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Books That I Rated "5 Stars"
195th out of 402 books — 59 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingJ.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set by J.R.R. TolkienAn Interrupted Love Story by Billy Wood-SmithThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsTorn by Billy Wood-Smith
Third person fiction
90th out of 211 books — 24 voters

More lists with this book...

Trisha
May 30, 2014 Trisha rated it liked it
I love that this one was less about "who done it" and more about them getting caught. It was obvious who the bad guys were but less obvious on whether they would get away with it!

My youngest daughter and I love listening to these!
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Janice
Feb 19, 2011 Janice rated it it was ok
Three friends traveling to one's grandma's home in Florida overhear what sounds like a plan to rob someone. Grandma surprises the children with books about looking for treasure. Then, 2 men show up to discuss with grandma and friends an investment in their search for sunken ships loaded with gold. The kids realize these are the guys they overheard and work to stop them from stealing from grandma.
Brenda
Apr 12, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it
This one had me wondering how rich these kids are, they seem to endlessly travel in their books, then I got over it and read the book realizing in a kids book, money is not an issue, imagination is. I loved this from the moment Ruth Rose's grandmother tells Josh and Dink that they could also call her Gram, how sweet is that?
Ashley
Jan 30, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like mysteries
okay so alot of people think that these are kids books. Well you're right. Even though they are they're still really fun to read if you like mysteries.
Banana
May 18, 2009 Banana rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite A to Z mystery books!
luhvBOOKS
Aug 24, 2012 luhvBOOKS rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Title: The Goose's Gold

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #7

Rating:

Summary; Sun, sand--and sunken treasure? That's what Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose discover when they go on vacation to Florida. An old ship has been found off the coast, and it's full of gold! Two divers are collecting donations to bring up the loot. They're promising to share whatever they find, but is this too good to be true? It's up to Dink and his friends to get to the bottom of it! A brand-new map of the Florida coast an
Melissa Namba
Dec 24, 2015 Melissa Namba rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-lucy
This was cute and kids will enjoy it. There was not much science being taught in this book. The tattoo thing was a little stupid, because who would enter contest with an outline of a bird. Also, no admonition from the coast guard about sneaking onto boats?
Marlee
Mar 02, 2014 Marlee rated it liked it
My kids really enjoyed this book. It was quick and exciting for them. They are 9 and 6. I found some of it to be quite silly and even ridiculous. However, they are loving this series. And, if you can just let yourself believe it, this book is quite fun to share with children.
Liz
Apr 04, 2015 Liz rated it liked it
Good enough for what it is. A cookie cutter mystery written at about the third grade level. Well-received by my favorite first grader. And a frequently-read series by my fourth graders.
Seth
Oct 01, 2014 Seth rated it it was ok
Shelves: by-myself
they visited ruth rose's grandma. they met two people named spike and chip. spike and chip were divers. spike and chip sank a ship! the ship's name was the goose's gold.
Kaytee
Aug 02, 2015 Kaytee rated it really liked it
it was very good it had alot of details and exspresion. i liked it when they saw the tatto on the guys leg that was my favrite part
Kathleen Behrendt
This title in a beginning chapter mystery series was a disappointment to me. The story set the stage for the action right at the start - Dink heard the "bad guy" talk about how he was going to cheat old people out of their money and drown the golden goose. When the action was at its peak (the bad guys were getting away and sinking the boat the kids were on - HELP!), the story petered out. The next scene was the kids at the beach with the grandmother, watching fireworks. There was no mention of h ...more
Eden
May 31, 2015 Eden added it
I liked when they got resued by the cost gard and fond out that spike and chip stole the gold and dind'nt find it.
Superreader200
Jul 23, 2015 Superreader200 rated it it was amazing
There's no goose in the book! The Goose's Gold is a ship, and people on the ship steal gold.
Lumy Rushdi
Mar 28, 2014 Lumy Rushdi rated it it was amazing
it was really cool..though i knew the criminals right from the start..
Beth Anne
Feb 18, 2015 Beth Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-aloud, 2015
Read aloud to Emma and Will. Just fun :)
Jasmine Monroe
i didn't read this book yet may i?
Yasuko Takatsuki
Feb 25, 2014 Yasuko Takatsuki rated it it was ok
2013.2.14 7216words
Emily
Jan 07, 2015 Emily added it
Shelves: young-readers
Ruth Rose and her sidekicks visit her Gram in Florida.
Caleb
Jun 02, 2014 Caleb rated it liked it
I Liked it
Talia
May 22, 2009 Talia rated it liked it
Josh, Dink, and Ruth Rose are staying with her grandmother in Florida for winter break when they come across some divers collecting money to bring up some sunken treasure. Ruth Rose’s grandma and her friends think this is a great idea, but the kids have reason to believe they’re scammers. Can they prove it?

This story didn’t really catch my interest, but there’s lots of stuff for kids to love. Sneaking! Sunken treasure! Sinking ships!
Ashley Barnard
Mar 14, 2013 Ashley Barnard rated it it was ok
Shelves: rdg-291, mystery
This is the only book from this series that I have read, and I was not that impressed. I guess it could be a good introduction to mysteries for young readers, but it was not very exciting. I think there could have been more action by showing the bad guys getting caught. The ending was very rushed. I might read one or two more books from the series just to see if they are any better.
Brenna
Nov 01, 2010 Brenna rated it liked it
This book was about three kids that went to one of the kids' grandmother's house close by the beach. They wandered onto a ship and they heard the people that owned the ship talking. These people wanted to sink the ship because they wanted to get a new house (they slept on the ship). They sunk the ship while the kids were on board so the kids jumped off and were rescued back to shore.
Dolly
Jul 04, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book about Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose's visit to Key West. They are on Christmas vacation and are spending time with Ruth Rose's Gram, solving a mystery along the way. Our girls love the books in the A to Z Mysteries series and we are working our way through the alphabet.
Sara
May 06, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
Dink over heard a robbery that was going to steal a lot of people's money, but they caught them before they could get away. I recommend this book to those who love mysteries.
Gettie
Jan 02, 2014 Gettie marked it as to-read
I love this book
Sherry
May 22, 2009 Sherry rated it it was amazing
This title seemed to grab the groups attention, of course it featured gold treasure, bad guys and adventure on the high seas....what's not to like!
BlackhamBoys
May 14, 2013 BlackhamBoys rated it it was amazing
My third grader read this and said it was 5 stars. He said there wasn't really a goose in it, but that it was still good ...
  • The Catnapping Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #18)
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Eve of the Emperor Penguin (Magic Tree House, #40)
  • Honey (The Puppy Place, #14)
  • Charge Of The Triceratops (Dinosaur Cove, #2)
  • The Hawk Bandits of Tarkoom (The Secrets of Droon, #11)
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)
  • The Kidnapped King (A to Z Mysteries, #11)