Start by marking “The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)

The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries #7)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,090 ratings  ·  27 reviews
G is for Gold...

Sun, sand--and sunken treasure? That's what Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose discover when they go on vacation to Florida. An old ship has been found off the coast, and it's full of gold! Two divers are collecting donations to bring up the loot. They're promising to share whatever they find, but is this too good to be true? It's up to Dink and his friends to get t...more
Published December 29th 1998 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Goose's Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goose's Gold

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniCutting Right to the Chase Vol.2, by Stefania Mattana
Books That I Rated "5 Stars"
187th out of 397 books — 51 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingJ.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set by J.R.R. TolkienCan You Mend It? by Billy Wood-SmithThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsAngels & Demons by Dan Brown
Third person fiction
84th out of 209 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Trisha
I love that this one was less about "who done it" and more about them getting caught. It was obvious who the bad guys were but less obvious on whether they would get away with it!

My youngest daughter and I love listening to these!
Janice
Three friends traveling to one's grandma's home in Florida overhear what sounds like a plan to rob someone. Grandma surprises the children with books about looking for treasure. Then, 2 men show up to discuss with grandma and friends an investment in their search for sunken ships loaded with gold. The kids realize these are the guys they overheard and work to stop them from stealing from grandma.
Brenda
This one had me wondering how rich these kids are, they seem to endlessly travel in their books, then I got over it and read the book realizing in a kids book, money is not an issue, imagination is. I loved this from the moment Ruth Rose's grandmother tells Josh and Dink that they could also call her Gram, how sweet is that?
Ashley
Jan 30, 2008 Ashley rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like mysteries
okay so alot of people think that these are kids books. Well you're right. Even though they are they're still really fun to read if you like mysteries.
Banana
This was one of my favorite A to Z mystery books!
luhvBOOKS
Title: The Goose's Gold

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #7

Rating: ★★★★

Summary; Sun, sand--and sunken treasure? That's what Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose discover when they go on vacation to Florida. An old ship has been found off the coast, and it's full of gold! Two divers are collecting donations to bring up the loot. They're promising to share whatever they find, but is this too good to be true? It's up to Dink and his friends to get to the bottom of it! A brand-new map of the Florida coas...more
Marlee
My kids really enjoyed this book. It was quick and exciting for them. They are 9 and 6. I found some of it to be quite silly and even ridiculous. However, they are loving this series. And, if you can just let yourself believe it, this book is quite fun to share with children.
Kathleen Behrendt
This title in a beginning chapter mystery series was a disappointment to me. The story set the stage for the action right at the start - Dink heard the "bad guy" talk about how he was going to cheat old people out of their money and drown the golden goose. When the action was at its peak (the bad guys were getting away and sinking the boat the kids were on - HELP!), the story petered out. The next scene was the kids at the beach with the grandmother, watching fireworks. There was no mention of h...more
Lumy Rushdi
it was really cool..though i knew the criminals right from the start..
Yasuko Takatsuki
2013.2.14 7216words
Talia
Josh, Dink, and Ruth Rose are staying with her grandmother in Florida for winter break when they come across some divers collecting money to bring up some sunken treasure. Ruth Rose’s grandma and her friends think this is a great idea, but the kids have reason to believe they’re scammers. Can they prove it?

This story didn’t really catch my interest, but there’s lots of stuff for kids to love. Sneaking! Sunken treasure! Sinking ships!
Ashley Barnard
This is the only book from this series that I have read, and I was not that impressed. I guess it could be a good introduction to mysteries for young readers, but it was not very exciting. I think there could have been more action by showing the bad guys getting caught. The ending was very rushed. I might read one or two more books from the series just to see if they are any better.
Brenna
This book was about three kids that went to one of the kids' grandmother's house close by the beach. They wandered onto a ship and they heard the people that owned the ship talking. These people wanted to sink the ship because they wanted to get a new house (they slept on the ship). They sunk the ship while the kids were on board so the kids jumped off and were rescued back to shore.
Dolly
Jul 04, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book about Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose's visit to Key West. They are on Christmas vacation and are spending time with Ruth Rose's Gram, solving a mystery along the way. Our girls love the books in the A to Z Mysteries series and we are working our way through the alphabet.
Sara
Dink over heard a robbery that was going to steal a lot of people's money, but they caught them before they could get away. I recommend this book to those who love mysteries.
Gettie
Jan 02, 2014 Gettie marked it as to-read
I love this book
Sherry
This title seemed to grab the groups attention, of course it featured gold treasure, bad guys and adventure on the high seas....what's not to like!
BlackhamBoys
My third grader read this and said it was 5 stars. He said there wasn't really a goose in it, but that it was still good ...
눈송이
Addison
The ship sunk in it, and it had gold in it. Some people were robbing the gold. I think it was pretty good.
sue
listened to on CD. the stupidest plot yet.
Kaylin
WISH I WAS THERE
Kim
May 23, 2008 Kim added it
nice
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • Honey (The Puppy Place, #14)
  • Dingoes at Dinnertime (Magic Tree House, #20)
  • Scream for Ice Cream (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #2)
  • Samantha the Swimming Fairy (The Sports Fairies, #5)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)