Start by marking “Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells” as Want to Read:
Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells

Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,101 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Each month you are affected by the power of the Moon. Your energy levels wax and wane just as the Moon does, sometimes urging you to start new projects and other times to sit back and plan. But if you don't know the Moon's effect on you, you may be fighting it instead of using it to your advantage. Whether the moon is making you feel adventurous and productive or tense and ...more
Published September 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published July 31st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Magick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Magick

Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Spiral Dance by StarhawkDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton
The Best Pagan Books
14th out of 207 books — 146 voters
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourc... by Scott CunninghamLiber Aelph by The Silver ElvesWhat an Elf Would Do by The Silver ElvesMoon Magick by D.J. ConwayThe Witches of Eileanan by Kate Forsyth
Pagan books
4th out of 34 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Julia
This book is a very strange mix of rituals, spells, myths, etc. and recipes and crafts. Like there's a spell to make warts disappear and then next there's a recipe for deviled egg sandwich spread. This might not be the best way to organize a book, but I was totally feeling it anyway. Inspired by the "German Witch Potpourri," I'm probably going to stuff some plants in a jar and call it potpourri. Also, "Russian Tea" is basically hot water, a cinnamon stick, and vodka. Isn't that great? Guess what ...more
Giovanna
Gimmicky is the best word I can come up with here. It's fun for beginners, but honestly, why waste your time with something that's not as valuable as many other authors out there? I'd say borrow this from the library and read it if you can... don't buy it and spend your money on something else.
Viv
Apr 02, 2008 Viv rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Doreen
I think I need to make the Dragon Smoke Bath Salts - for prosperity. This book has quite a few recipes and craft ideas, ie Tibetan cologne.
Steve Cran
Ancient religions prior to the advent of male dominated solar religions based their calendar and lifestyle on the moon. It made sense the moon has a profound affect on our lives. Observe human behavior during a full moon. Crime rates tend to go up people seem to have more energy to use either from positive or negative purposes. People tend to get more emotional during full moons. Tides also rise with the moon phases and our bodies are 75% water.

That being said it is obvious that ancient Goddess
Mark Woodland
First off, in answer to your question, the reason I read this is principally for research for a book project of mine (though in that process, I've developed an interest in the subject in general, as I've a number of friends who are of earth religions). This book was a bit of a disappointment, since it didn't tell me much that I hadn't already seen elsewhere. In general, I've found that books whose title includes a "K" at the end of Magic tend to be on the side of ritualism and lighter on spiritu ...more
Rusty

I loved reading this book. The monthly information is wonderful and very detailed.

The monthly sections, which give information on each month of the year, was very interesting. They were full of facts about each month, including corresponding: colors, flowers, scents and much more.

The lore included in the book about each month made for very good reading. And the recipes, spells, rituals, & crafts were interesting as well, and some of the crafts sounded fun to try.

I found the whole book to be

S.M.
Although I'm really not into spells and rituals and paganism, I liked the book for it's recipes and insights into the uses of various herbs and essential oils. It was a nice book during a four hour flight.
AnitaDurt
i just retrieved this from my parent's bookshelf. this was a well-loved and used book that i got recipes from, cast spells from, etc. it describes each lunar month of the year (corresponding with the Gregorian calendar to make it easier...) and it has tons of myths and stories, recipes, crafts, spells, and info about each month. i'm excited about reading it again.
Jody Mena
I bought this when I was about 13 and going through my 'witch' phase. It had some fascinating stuff in it, but mostly it just helped me realized that I am, indeed, Christian, though I do believe there are preturnatural forces in the natural world that are beyond human understanding. For that, I highly recommend this book.
Olivia Gourlay
This book has three rituals, many craft projects and much more. The moon is important to many pagan religions. Changes in the moon helps us know when to cast certain spells and do certain rituals.
Deities of the moon are usually goddesses. To learn more about the goddess go on www.yoni.com
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a book that I regularly come back to. It has some wonderful crafts and recipes and is a joy to read.
Naytari Oak
Organized into each months moon with spells and crafts for each phase during the month.
Chante
Good rituals, recipes,and info. I will be picking this back up.
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Dorinda White
Dorinda White marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Winter Gryphon
Winter Gryphon marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Linda Buttery-sims
Linda Buttery-sims marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Soggylizard
Soggylizard marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • True Magick: A Beginner's Guide
  • Practical Candleburning Rituals: Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews
  • To Stir a Magick Cauldron: Witch's Guide to Casting and Conjuring (RavenWolf to)
  • Natural Witchery: Intuitive, Personal & Practical Magick
  • Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life
  • The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1)
  • Embracing the Moon: A Witch's Guide to Rituals, Spellcraft and Shadow Work
  • Natural Magic
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • Witch Crafting: A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic
A native of the Pacific Northwest, author D.J. Conway has studied the occult fields for over 35 years. Her quest for knowledge has covered every aspect of Paganism and Wicca to New Age and Eastern philosophies; plus history, the magical arts, philosophy, customs, mythologies and folklore. In 1998, she was voted Best Wiccan and New Age author by Silver Chalice, a Pagan magazine.

She lives a rather
More about D.J. Conway...
Celtic Magic By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism Animal Magick: The Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars Wicca: The Complete Craft Maiden, Mother, Crone: The Myth & Reality of the Triple Goddess