Start by marking “The Write Man for Her” as Want to Read:
The Write Man for Her

The Write Man for Her

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Work, work, work. That's how Jessica Anne Singer has dealt with the loneliness since her divorce. Except for her squawky cockatiel, Merlin, Jessica hasn't had a date in years, but all that's about to end. Jessica's best friend, Cath, has decided that Jessica needs to meet her dreamy online professor, Brant Wilson. Creative writing professor Brant Wilson is intrigued by one ...more
Published May 15th 2008 by Ellora's Cave (first published July 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Write Man for Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Write Man for Her

Ridley
Jul 19, 2010 Ridley rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those looking for a realistic disabled protagonist
Finally, a romance that doesn't treat disability as a horrendous, life-ruining, angst-inducing quality.

Set adrift after her marriage dissolves, Jessica Singer has been all work and no play. At her best friend's urging to get out of her rut and enjoy life a bit more, she signs up for an online creative writing class taught through a local college. As the weeks go by, she grows more and more fascinated with the handsome professor in the video. Not only is he handsome, but he's a quick wit, and som
willaful
I saw a comment recently which I think was about this, that it was a 4 star story stuck in a 2 star book. That sums up my feelings nicely. It was great to read a low-angst romance about two people falling in love, one of whom happens to have a disability. But if I hadn't been so interested in the subject matter, I never would have kept reading; the writing seemed so amateurish. Perfectly readable, though some editing wouldn't have hurt, but bland and nondescript. A weird subplot adding a touch o ...more
Amanda
very good :)
Amy Jacobs
Can I first say thank you to author Christie Walker Bos for stepping out of the box and writing a hero with a disability? Thank you! I was so excited to read about a sexy main character who isn't the normal you find in books. The author stepped out of the usual zone and made Brant Wilson a paraplegic.

Now while I enjoyed the characters of Brant and Jessica, their journey to happily ever after wasn't one of my favorites. I did enjoy the book, but not as much as I would have if the author would hav
Linda
I just had about given up on authors that wrote for Cerridwen Press until I read THE WRITE MAN FOR HER by Christie Walker Bos. This is a surprisingly well-written book on a subject that is usually taboo in romances: paraplegia. Creative writing professor Brant Wilson was in an accident seven years ago and lost the use of both of his legs; he is in a wheelchair now. He was happily married before the incident that caused him all his grief but his wife left him. She was unable to cope with a parapl ...more
Devin Lind
I really wanted to like this book more than I did. But the way which disability was handled really bugged me. A wheelchair user myself, I found the male lead unbelievable when it came to how he related his disability.

There were some grammar/spelling errors in the Kindle book which would probably not have bothered me if writing hadn't been that big a part of the plot.
Katie
I like the beginning of the book and found the characters compelling, but about midway through, it started to drag. As some other readers mentioned, there was just too much long tedious exposition. Truthfully, I only got about halfway through and I couldn't finish it, which is something I almost never do with books.

And the title is honestly just so, so bad. Who thought that it would be a good idea to make the title a bad pun?
Ruth Madison (Dev Love Press)
This book is a fun, sweet, enjoyable read. It's not life changing. The main character is an adult woman taking a creative writing class. She's fascinated by her mysterious professor and hunts him down, discovering that he is paraplegic.

He is more enjoyable than many of the very dramatic romance novels with disabled heroes. He lives an independent life, is mostly well-adjusted, and fights the creepy bad guy.

However, in a lot of ways it doesn't feel like he is connected. In other words, the writin
Moriah
I read this when I first discovered digital-first because it was such a foreign concept to me, and I was beginning to contemplate self-publishing. It was cute, and I was impressed with the quality of the writing and the editing.

Because it was good and I liked it, this was the book that sold me on e-publishing and, by extension, self-publishing. I may be romanticizing it a bit because of that, but it really was good (and sweet).
Christy Stewart
I can use the word quaint to sum up my thoughts on the book but I have time to complain a little...

Too much detail. I do not care what anyone is wearing and I certainly don't need details on each item they might change out and/or into. If you are going to read this book have a friend white-out the boring parts and it'll be much better (and shorter.)

Eleanore June
A light, not overly angsty story with a paraplegic hero. It was an ok story that should have been better and probably could have been with some additional editing. Considering the book's focus on writing, the errors stood out strongly.

Lyuda
The story had a potential but was lucking in execution. The writing was too tedious. The characters, specially the secondary ones were too cookie cuterish.
Amber
As far as romance books go, this was well-written and actualy plausable. The characters were likable and sympathetic with out being overly dramatic.
Liz B
Jan 03, 2013 Liz B marked it as abandoned
I really wanted to like this, given the premise, but sadly the writing was just too irritating for me to get beyond the first few pages.
Chantelle
Alittle cheesy at times but not bad...
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Celine Schmuck
Celine Schmuck marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Leah Reichstein
Leah Reichstein marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Viktoriya
Viktoriya marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
MegyLou
MegyLou marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Nathan Oye
Nathan Oye marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
  • A Man Like Mac
  • The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)
  • Redemption
  • A Hearing Heart
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Tapestry
  • A Life Worth Living
  • Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)
  • Montana Secrets
  • Harvard Hottie
  • Lord Carew's Bride (Stapleton-Downes, #4)
  • Wheels of Steel, Book 1
  • Never Doubt I Love (The Tales of the Jewelled Men, #5)
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • Games People Play
  • Veiled Desire (Veiled, #1)
  • Headstrong
  • Whole
When looking for her soul mate, Christie Walker Bos made a “man list” with 65 items, created a “magical” ceremony and buried the list in the mountains. Two months later, her “magical man” appeared with 63 of the 65 required traits, so she had no choice but to marry the guy. Now she lives with her soul mate Robbie in a mountaintop community in California surrounded by pine trees, crazed squirrels a ...more
More about Christie Walker Bos...
Stakeout for Love Goodbye Blues, Hello Love The Magical Man List: A Romantic Comedy about Finding Your Soul Mate Getting Back to Delaney