Start by marking “'Tween Heaven and Hell (Dancin' With the Devil, #1)” as Want to Read:
'Tween Heaven and Hell (Dancin' With the Devil, #1)

'Tween Heaven and Hell (Bedeviled & Beyond #1)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  183 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Astra Q Phelps is a Tweener, which means she's part angel and part devil. She vaporizes devils and demons for a living. When Astra gets the call from the big Him to aid the good side in a battle between two rival devil courts, she finds herself battling not only the forces of evil but her own nature as she rubs up against the sexiest, most infuriatingly enticing devil prin ...more
Published March 8th 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published July 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 'Tween Heaven and Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 'Tween Heaven and Hell

Inara
After the war around 2060 something evil slipped into the devasted earth. This evil used to exist in a parallel dimension, watching and waiting for its chance to slither into our world.
To keep the balance God had no choice but to send his angels in to keep an eye on the devils and demons. About ten years ago God started using Tweeners to help the good side out. A Tweener is non-human, part angel and part devil what makes them a bit unpredictable at times.
Astra Q. Phelps is a Tweener who runs a d
Zee Monodee
Astra. Q Phelps is a Tweener, which means she’s part of the two sides – angel and demon. Her job however means she gets rid of demons on a daily basis. Life is ho-hum, until the day she’s attacked by an entity she’s never encountered before. Next, she’s summoned by a devil prince, who is, pun intended, devilishly gorgeous and sexy. He wants her on the devil’s side when a battle that is brewing will explode. But that’s not the end of it. The Good side, along with the big Him, want Astra to help t ...more
Lea Barrymire
Jan 11, 2012 Lea Barrymire rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Some of the phrases were funny enough that I burst out laughing, which of course earned me some crazy looks from my family. The characters were well fleshed out, the storyline was great and of course left you wanting more. I am moving onto the second book and can't wait to read it!
Charity Chimni
Dec 15, 2015 Charity Chimni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astra is awesome! I love her spunk and attitude, her take no shit attitude. Even when things are looking grim she sucks it up and brings everything she has. Dialle the sexy mysterious devil prince has his sights set on her. Is he friend or foe? Can a devil be a friend to a halfling? Throughout the story Astra is learning about herself and what she is capable of. Who are friends and who are foes. An interesting story line set in the future. The terms used to describe the future are comical and ma ...more
Rosie Amber
Ariel
Jan 14, 2012 Ariel rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. At times it was hard to keep up with names because they were similar. The book was really original and I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Amy Garrett
Nov 13, 2015 Amy Garrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another epic reading experience! Sam Cheever knows how to deliver!
Mary Lou Webb
Apr 16, 2016 Mary Lou Webb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the humor in this story

One of the best things about Sam Cheever's writing is her sense of humor. This isn't a genre I usually read, but her excellent writing kept me turning pages, wondering what trouble Astra would get into next. And get into scrape after scrape is exactly what she did. This story was fun to read, and I appreciate the care Ms. Cheever took to make the story appealing to a wide variety of readers. I highly recommend this author and these stories to anyone who enjoys humor,
Martha
Apr 05, 2009 Martha rated it it was amazing
Genre: Fantasy Romance; My Rating 5 of 5!
I loved this book! This is not your typical story of angel versus devil! Instead it is a very imaginative tale set in the not so distant future of a Tweener, Astra, who is half angel and half devil. She spends her days fighting and vanquishing devils and demons with her interesting friend and partner, Emo, a red devil who is part angel. But things are heating up as Astra is pulled into a battle between the heads of two devil clans as outcast (and really n
Barbara Barber
Sep 10, 2015 Barbara Barber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun fun read. I enjoyed this book so much. Ms. Cheever has a way of keeping her readers laughing and wanting more. This is a futuristic tale that is funny and sexy with a main character, Astra, who is a little sassy. Astra is what is known as a Halfling. She is half good and half bad. Which often puts her between a rock and a hard place. While Astra is clearly on the side of good, in a world that is on the verge of war, her bad or devilish side often takes over - especially when it comes ...more
Teresa Bowen
Mar 01, 2016 Teresa Bowen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is set in the future and our heroine is a halfling (part demon and part angel). She fights for the side of good and her partner is a demon. She is asked by the angels to help as there is a demon war brewing. A demon prince can talk to her in her mind and wants her to help him. There are twists and turns and a few suprises along the way. I enjoyed the heroines humor and word choices at times. I look forward to reading the rest in this series.
L. M. Warren
Hmmmm. Decent book but it left me feeling like I wanted more back story/ history. There was lots and lots of action though. There really wasn't enough substance for me to get connected with most of the characters. Heck I don't know if I really connected with the lead.... There was plenty of wit which was nice, good humor. I gave it one star for humor, one for interesting story idea, one for it being well written even though it's not one of my favorites.
Kristin Dutt
Sep 09, 2015 Kristin Dutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I really love where this series is going. I've read quite a bit of Sam Cheever books and while this one was gifted in exchange for a honest review I have to say this one very well could be my favorite.

This book is just fantastic all the way around. You have angels, demons, and halflings and even some really nasty gargoyles. Plus who knew fruit cake was created by demons lol. Thank goodness it wasn't popcorn.

Astra is a great leading female character who is a halfing. Turns out she's more tha
Tia
Dec 15, 2015 Tia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, Sarcastic and Fiery

Astra's life is full of action and distractions. She's not quite prepared for the twists and turns coming her way. But, she has the best guardian angel a half could have, right? Secrets, double backs and tertiary are everywhere. Astra beware.
Jeri
Aug 22, 2015 Jeri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. "To Hades with you fool, for God hath tired of you." This is Astra's favorite diatribe for each devil and demon she vanquishes back to the shadows. Astra is a funny, strong willed halfling of devil and angel. Her job in the future world of 2091 AD is to vanquish naughty misbehaving demons and devils back to the parallel world they emerged from. With the reluctant assistance of her personal angel and her partner in business another ...more
Bahijah hasan
Dec 11, 2015 Bahijah hasan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling

A hilariously entertaining action packed thrill ride with a steamy edge of attraction that will leave you anxious for more
Donna Bossert
Sep 08, 2015 Donna Bossert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this a 4 1/2
"I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review" This was my first encounter with Sam Cheever and it wont be my last!This is an amazing paranormal book that will capture your attention and keep you hooked from the beginning. The twist and turns in this book will have you wanting to know will happen next within the lives of the characters.I look forward to the next book in this series
Casey Cramp
Apr 18, 2016 Casey Cramp rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Bedeviled & Beguiled (Bedeviled & Beyond #1) or an honest review.
I found Bedeviled & Beguiled by Sam Cheever to be a cheekily written witty paranormal tale.
Futuristic take on the world as it could be with forces of both good and evil vying for supremacy.
An honest and humorous realist viewpoint in an alternate world.
Awesome characters to enjoy and chortle with.
Shawn
Apr 15, 2012 Shawn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: could-not-finish
I couldn't finish this... it was just too weird and out there for me. The writing was mediocre at best and the story line was really hard to follow. I got a little more than half way so I feel like I gave it a good try. Just wasn't for me.
Carrie
Jun 06, 2012 Carrie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, calibre-library
I really liked this book a lot more than I anticipated! I usually don't go for futuristic novels, but this was free, and I was away on vacation, so I loaded this one up on a whim. I almost couldn't put the book down!

Annette Gonzales
Really great read

Loved the story's plot. Can't wait to read the next book. Plenty of action and guessing who is on the side of good.
Straylights
Mar 27, 2012 Straylights rated it did not like it
I didn't realize so many people threw their heads back and laughed so frequently .
Amber
May 09, 2013 Amber rated it really liked it
I like this book and will continue to read the rest of this series.
Victoria Newman
Nov 29, 2015 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Angela Bain
Angela Bain marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Aunt T
Aunt T rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
M Bruno
M Bruno rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • Changing Times (Lusting Wild, #1)
  • Be My Vampire Tonight (Darklander Lovers, #1)
  • Gatekeeper (Phantom Lovers #1)
  • All In (Be-Wished, #1)
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • A Taste of Twilight  (Crimson Carousel, #1)
  • Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries, #1)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • Creating Merry Hell (Natural Charm, #1)
  • Feather Down (Raptors Revealed, #1)
  • Main Attraction (Perfectly Wicked, # 1)
  • Murder Over Easy
  • Soul Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #1)
  • Blood Oath (Blood Lines, #1)
  • Maneater (Special Investigations Agency, #12)
  • The Deadliest Sin
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
1812031
USA Today Bestselling Author Sam Cheever writes romantic paranormal/fantasy and mystery/suspense, creating stories that celebrate the joy of love in all its forms. Known for writing great characters, snappy dialogue, and unique and exhilarating stories, Sam is the award-winning author of 50+ books and has been writing for over a decade under several noms de plume.

Website: www.samcheever.com
Faceboo
More about Sam Cheever...

Bedeviled & Beyond (6 books)
  • Bedeviled & Bedazzled (Bedeviled & Beyond, #2)
  • Bedeviled & Beleaguered (Bedeviled & Beyond, #3)
  • Bedeviled & Belittled (Bedeviled & Beyond, #4)
  • Bedeviled & Besmirched (Bedeviled & Beyond, #5)
  • Bedeviled & Befouled (Bedeviled & Beyond, #6)