Start by marking “Georgia's Greatness (Sisters Eight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Georgia's Greatness (Sisters Eight, #3)

Georgia's Greatness (Sisters Eight #3)

The Sisters Eight are back in a new adventure! This time, Georgia gets her chance to be the hero--if she doesn't completely mess things up!

In the first two installments of the Sisters Eight, we met the sisters (octuplets) and their eight cats. We discovered Mommy and Daddy disappeared (or died) and that to find out what happened to them, each girl must discover her power a
Published March 23rd 2009 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Georgia's Greatness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Georgia's Greatness

jennifer
And the adventure continues brilliantly in Book 3! This story adds a nice new twist in that the story begins to comment on itself, and on the pattern that is being created in how the books are written and how the powers, gifts, and adventures are unfolding. It begins to point out the writing process, such as "showing" a story rather than "telling" it - which was just brilliant, added a nice dose of humor to the already witty dialogue, and made the reader feel part of the adventure. Well done!
Dolly
May 04, 2012 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the third book in the Sisters Eight series by Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Greg Logsted, and Jackie Logsted. Our oldest daughter discovered the first book of this series recently at our local library and fell in love immediately. We've borrowed the next few books in the series and she's read them quickly in succession.

I found the story to be strange, but interesting and I can see that this series would appeal to a young elementary school-age child just getting into reading longer chapter book
MCPLD Youth Department
This book is part of a great series for readers just breaking in to chapter books and who like a little bit of magic.
Lady Knight
I'm really liking this series. The characters are memorable and lovable. I'm really impressed, very few series designed for eight year olds hold my attention this long.

Last time Durinda found out her power and the sisters discovered the pattern of discovering their powers and gifts. This time it becomes evident that their cats gain the same powers they do, when they do. Poor Georgia, it's her month and everything should be going her way, but it's not. First a pigeon brings her gift on the first
Kaethe
Both my daughters love this new series starring eight eight-year-old sisters, mystery, adventure, and a huge dose of humor. The Huit sisters live in an unusual house, shared with eight unusual cats. In the way of multiples, the sisters find ways to distinguish themselves from one another, and Baratz-Logsted has done a brilliant job of imagining the conflicts and the joys of sisterhood. The set-up allows for each sister to discover a new and unexpected capacity within herself.

Georgia's turn to le
Kat
Jul 21, 2012 Kat rated it liked it
I liked the book but at the same time I didn't. I liked how Georgia's gift came early, I didn't like how Georgia sent it back. I liked their substitute teacher, I didn't like how Ms. Harkness kidnapped the McG and after the St.Patricks day parade at the school she kidnapped the eights(not including Georgia). I liked how Georgia's gift was to disappear, I thought it was odd how Georgia's power appeared on her cat before it appeared on her. I liked the book almost as much as the first and second b ...more
Dyah
owh..yess... the plot thickens....
Though it is nothing you wouldnt have already guessed.

I have more fun reading this third book than reading the previous two. Maybe because the main character in this book, Georgia, is somehow antagonized from the beginning that it is nice to see her becoming a lil' bit wiser here (she even uses the famous quote "with great power comes great responsibility"--or something like that). Not only Georgia, the other girls are becoming more mature as well, as expected
Michelle Bridges
May 16, 2014 Michelle Bridges rated it it was ok
Not a huge fan of this series. There are 8 sisters whose parents mysteriously disappear and then each month one sister will discover her magic power and receive a gift. Notes are left for the sisters in the wall. The adventures of the girls are cute and fun but the premise of the book seems contrived. Parts of the plot don't seem to have any reason except to advance the plot, they don't make sense even Ina magical world way. This book is an easy read, good for kids just getting into chapter book ...more
Angie
Jul 08, 2012 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fic
I like these. There are off funny lines and crazy things happening. A few holes in the story, yes, hence not quite four or five stars. But I do still think I shall have to get them for the school collection. Public library didn't have number two but oh well. There's a little recap of the story so far at the beginning of each one, so while it would assist the OCD reader in me to finish them in order ... it's not imperative.

Mr. Pete is a good guy. The McG is not quite so bad as she might seem. And
Jeanne
Aug 18, 2013 Jeanne rated it really liked it
My granddaughter, her mother and I just finished this book. As DGD is just learning to read, we read it out loud to her, laughing and being (slightly) scared along the way. I know the blurbs say this is for the middle grades, but I and others have noted it works very well for those just moving into chapter books. DGD is 6 1/2 and this is perfect for the child who has read lots of books with her parents. It was fun for me, too.
Claudia  Fett
Mar 13, 2010 Claudia Fett rated it it was ok
This is the third book in a series about eight sisters. Georgia, the third sister, learns that her power is "invisibility". This power helps Georgia save her sisters when their real teacher is kidnapped and a substitute has evil plans for the eight girls. The impressive thing about this book is that the eight year old daughter of Lauren and Greg Baratz-Logsted has made this her literary debut. This series would work for second through fourth grade children.
BennettGirls
Jan 15, 2017 BennettGirls rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonder

I recommend this book to all people who like to wonder. Because it doesn't tell you exactly word for word what is happening. Very good book
Kaytee
Jan 02, 2016 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
georgias is cooler then durindas when she twitches her nose she is invisible i thought it was really really cool
Pascale
Oct 09, 2016 Pascale rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
cute stories!
Lula
Sep 10, 2014 Lula rated it liked it
Just as enjoyable and fun as the first two. I'm really enjoying this series, small as the books may be, and I'm excited to start reading the next books as soon as possible.
Danielle
Jan 15, 2017 Danielle rated it liked it
Liked this one even more than the first two.
Shauna Yusko
Just another in a long list of books that I had never heard of that the previous librarian purchased before leaving simply because they were on sale. Ugh.
Landy Anderson
Aug 30, 2013 Landy Anderson rated it it was amazing
I believe that "the sequels never live up" is false for these books. Every single one is amazing.
Jenn Estepp
May 12, 2009 Jenn Estepp rated it it was ok
as i said before, i'm not wildly enthusiastic about this series, and yet i feel compelled to keep reading it. that counts for something, right?
Marta Ferguson
Oct 25, 2012 Marta Ferguson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Can't remember library books ever having had such heavy usage at our house! In three weeks, I've read the series once, but C is halfway through a third round already!
Catherine
Aug 19, 2016 Catherine rated it liked it
The third book in the series about eight sisters, octuplets, whose parents have mysteriously disappeared. Silly but entertaining.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
Georgia can turn invisible.
Lluvia Garcia
Lluvia Garcia rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Cami
Cami rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Hayoung
Hayoung rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Bethany Hoey
Bethany Hoey rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2014
Glorisel
Glorisel rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2011
  • Coming Apart (Main Street, #9)
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher (Sammy Keyes, #13)
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)
  • The Ghost (Dog Whisperer, #3)
  • Cinderella Smith
  • Poetry Speaks to Children (Book & CD) (A Poetry Speaks Experience)
Lauren grew up in Monroe, CT, where her father owned a drugstore at which her mother was the pharmacist. She is a graduate of the University of Connecticut at Storrs, where she majored in psychology. She also has what she calls her “half-Masters” in English from Western Connecticut State University (five courses down, another five to go…someday!).

Throughout college, she worked semester breaks as a
More about Lauren Baratz-Logsted...

Sisters Eight (9 books)
  • Annie's Adventures (Sisters Eight, #1)
  • Durinda's Dangers (Sisters Eight, #2)
  • Jackie's Jokes (Sisters Eight, #4)
  • Marcia's Madness (Sisters Eight, #5)
  • Petal's Problems (Sisters Eight, #6)
  • Rebecca's Rashness (Sisters Eight, #7)
  • Zinnia's Zaniness (Sisters Eight, #8)
  • The Final Battle... For Now (Sisters Eight, #9)