Start by marking “Wizrd” as Want to Read:
Wizrd

Wizrd

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Pinon Rim: more than just a hole in the ground, it's a gateway to hell.

It was a town that died with a powerful ancient secret. Now, Pinon Rim is ready to live again...and remember. Fourteen-year-old Bryce Willems is the new kid in the old boomtown. With his intense, brilliant painter father and inquisitive, budding stepsister, he's beginning to appreciate the desert charms
Published December 15th 1994 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Wizrd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wizrd

Kyle
Let me put it to you this way. I read this book years ago. Literally years. At least over six. Since I had been trying to find it. At one point, I saw it being sold on ebay for ninety-nine dollars. I ended up getting it back for free on paperbackswap and am currently rereading it. This is a very good book.
Gina Bovara
Great book - I started it on Friday afternoon and was finished by Saturday. It was a real page turner; I couldn't put it down! A very engaging read that had me guessing until the very end. This can be placed in your bookshelf next to the best Stephen King novels!
Aislinn
I was so scared I almost peed my pants. More than once! Zell is an excellent writer, it was like reading an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Such intensity!!
Dave
I picked this up years ago but reread it recently. All I have to say is I wish i could find more from this author - great read
Jeanne
Bit of a horror story placed in the Southwest. Every so often a town booms then busts, in a big way, with a bunch of deaths and a lot of destruction. An evil force comes back to strength and gives people what they most desire, which then leads to their own (self) destruction.
Bryan
There was a time in my early adulthood when I considered myself far too urbane -- or trying too hard to be urbane -- to read, what was essentially, a ghost story involving children! I was stuck in a hotel during a snow storm and the local Walmart that I visited for supplies had this on its shelves.

This was years ago, almost twenty to be exact.

I read this through the night, and consciously worked to keep my feet under the covers -- and it wasn't because of the cold weather. Best damned "ghost sto
Julunar
Julunar is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Reg
Reg added it
May 12, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Elisha Holt
Elisha Holt marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Alynia
Alynia marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013