Start by marking “Deck the Halls” as Want to Read:
Deck the Halls

Deck the Halls

Christmas comes but once a year, so take some time out to settle in, cuddle up, and ward off winter's chill with a hot toddy of hot romance from five of your favorite storytellers?
Published October 1st 2004 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Deck the Halls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deck the Halls

Dec 18, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthology, christmas
Merry Merry by Fern Michaels
Cute story. The characters always seemed a little anxious...the dialogue was funny. Not as well developed as it could have been...I didn't quite understand Gertie's point. The idea of Helen also seemed to have been dropped. It is a short story, though, and for that, I liked it.

A Baby for Christmas by Lisa Jackson
Another cute story. It began better than it ended, though. Maybe it is because it is a short story that it was tied up a little too loosely for me--it did ge
Shilpa
May 04, 2016 Shilpa rated it liked it
The collection is quite alright. A fun and light read when you need a break. However, it could have been even better if the stories were a little more fleshed out, especially "The 24 Days of Christmas" by Linda Lael Miller. The end was just too abrupt for a story which began and continued very nicely. Had loads of problem with Virginia Henley's "Christmas Eve" but sometimes you just need to keep the political correctness out of your head when you pick a collection like this. Fern Michaels' "Merr ...more
Carrie Felton
Jul 19, 2015 Carrie Felton rated it really liked it
I know it's not anywhere near Christmas time but I am up for a Christmas story any time of the year. There is just so much joy in these stories, they're always good for a pick me up or just a happy day. These stories were no exception and met my expectations.

Merry Merry by Fern Michaels
I have to say that didn't love this story. The Christmas was great and the characters were lovely. The storyline even had twists and elements that made it fresh. My only problem with it was the editing, which goes
Crystal
Feb 16, 2012 Crystal rated it did not like it
I'd give it half a star but the last story wasn't too bad. One of the stories - the one by Lisa Jackson - has been recycled at least once before. Actually, according to the page with all the publishing info, all but two are recycled.

On to shredding the stories...

Fern Michaels' entry: Oh what a tangled web we weave. The H's grandma has been impersonating a bag lady and befriending the h. The H wants the H's property for some unexplained reason. He did a background check on her that the PI took a
Donna
Aug 11, 2012 Donna rated it it was ok
I think I'm getting old & cynical & should stop reading stuff like this. There was a time when I'd go "Awww, that's sweet." Now I'm going "Yee gods, who does that?!?"

For the Disney princesses, which I used to be, you'll enjoy it. It's romantic fluff that ends happily ever after.

For the Maxines, which I am now, you'll be digging around, looking for those air sickness bags you hoarded from Delta.
Jenn
This book was a condensed book of Christmas romance which was nice and heart felt. Some of the stories though the people just met and had sex, known eachother for 2 days and the next page engaged????? I think they should have either wrote a short story or just let them have flings cause it rarely works with the marriage thing so soon.
Phyllis
Jun 07, 2009 Phyllis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fern-michaels
A great 393 page book to be read at any time. This incorporates five authors, Fern Michaels, Linda Lael Miller, Lisa Jackson, Virginia Henley, Marcia Evanick who now write other genres you may be reading now.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Good collection of Christmas tales. Pets, babies, advent calendars, snow-ins, and old flames bring the holiday spirit to all who read this anthology. Great read!!
Neki
Feb 26, 2011 Neki rated it liked it
There are 5 short stories in this book.All romance theme.The best one is '24 days of christmas'.I liked 'a baby for christmas' and 'merry,merry' too.
Valerie
Dec 27, 2010 Valerie rated it it was ok
A Baby For Christmas by Lisa Jackson was absolutely ridiculous!
Pat Baratta
Dec 05, 2009 Pat Baratta rated it liked it
Holiday treat.
Sonya Butler
Sonya Butler marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
mary
mary marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Angela Watson
Angela Watson marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Sandie McLean Schmelzle
Sandie McLean Schmelzle marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Lori Jewell
Lori Jewell rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Teresa  Christianson
Teresa Christianson marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Trina Jung-ogg
Trina Jung-ogg marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Traci Ely
Traci Ely marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Leona
Leona marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Rebekah Grace
Rebekah Grace rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Debta Davis
Debta Davis is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2016
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Christmas Getaway
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze #292)
  • Mistletoe and Mayhem
  • Red Hot Santa
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • The Naughty List
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • I'm Your Santa (Brava Brothers, #2.5)
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • Christmas with a Vampire
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Twas the Night
  • Santa Baby
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Men On Fire
  • A Highlander for Christmas
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...