Start by marking “Sniper's Moon” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Sniper's Moon

Carsten Stroud

Sniper's Moon

As the New York City Police continue to find the mutilated bodies of murder victims--all of whom were somehow connected to NYPD sniper Frank Keogh--the department begins to suspect that the Vietnam veteran Keogh may be the killer. Reprint. K.
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published January 1st 1992 by Bantam (first published October 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Sniper's Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sniper's Moon

Checkman
I read this novel when it was released in 1990. It made an impression on me then. I was twenty-two and finishing up my college career with hopes of getting into law enforcement (boy was I young). Now in 2011 I'm forty-three and I've been a cop for over ten years - though I have never been a police sniper. I also spent many years in the Army between college and my current career.

Twenty-one years later I am pleased to report that "Sniper's Moon" is still a fast moving novel, full of little observ
Paul
Jan 12, 2013 Paul rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, thriller, mystery
NYPD Detective Frank Keogh is the son of a New York cop and a police sniper on the Emergency Services Unit. He's good at it, but perhaps too good - his partner fears he has begun to enjoy his job more than he should, and his home life is suffering.

When a cop with whom Frank has argued is murdered, no one seriously believes him capable of the crime, but when his mistress is killed in similar fashion - using an m.o. recalling a long-ago case solved by Frank's father - he looks like the prime suspe
Ed
May 06, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1991 Arthur Ellis Award for Best First Novel

Thriller - Frank Keogh is a sniper with the NYPD ESU. A hostage negotiator breaks down and becomes suicidal. Frank gets him into the hospital and has a one night fling that threatens his marriage. The negotiator and the girlfriend are both murdered in a manner that throws suspicion on Frank. Frank goes on the run to find the link to a case solved by his father.
Julie
Jun 30, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a fabulous book! It was an extraordinary first novel for this author. The resolution was a bit suspect, but all in all, I found this to be a very exciting story that I just couldn't wait to finish to find out who the "bad guy" was. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.
Dean Marquis
Mar 12, 2014 Dean Marquis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
snipers moon is the quentessential vietnam cop genre. what the concrete blonde does on the west coast. snipers moon does on the east coast. the plot is inventive. the charachters are well done. while close pursuit was a non fiction book. in snipers moon he got to pull out all the stops. unfortunately its also a dying genre.
Craig Todd
Aug 02, 2016 Craig Todd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story, but not told in a manner as refined as his Niceville trilogy. The beginning and end read almost like a non-fiction procedural, at times seeming to be tacked on to a smoother fictional tale told in the middle half. All in all an enjoyable read.
Keith
Oct 23, 2010 Keith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably closer to a three star, but gave it a four because the boring parts went very smoothly and it wasn't tedious. Had the twists more or less figured out, still entertaining.
Leon
Nov 10, 2013 Leon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in grade school. I know not typically the subject matter you'd expect but this was one of the first real "novels" I'd ever read. I found it quite entertaining.
MongooseColm
MongooseColm rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Russ Hazzon
Russ Hazzon rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Scott Bell
Scott Bell rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Mike N
Mike N rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Patrick
Patrick rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Toesnorth's mom
first novel, good but graphic
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Chuck Driskell
Chuck Driskell rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Dennis Ammon
Dennis Ammon rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2009
Sunny Klair
Sunny Klair rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2011
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2011
Bill
Bill rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2011
ed meacham
ed meacham rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Jim
Jim rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Kevin Bradley
Kevin Bradley rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Chip Follett
Chip Follett rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Brian French
Brian French rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
Steve E.
Steve E. rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Carsten Stroud is the author of the New York Times bestseller Close Pursuit, and the award-winning Sniper's Moon, both set in the New York City Police Department. He lives and writes in Thunder Beach, Ontario, Canada.

Awards:
* Arthur Ellis Award Best First Novel (1991): Sniper's Moon
* Arthur Ellis Award Best Novel (1993): Lizardskin
More about Carsten Stroud...