Start by marking “Texas Heat (Texas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Texas Heat (Texas, #2)

Texas Heat (Texas #2)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,912 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Sunbridge --- the 250,000-acre spread near Austin, the dream and obsession of the late Seth Coleman, the scene of passion and intrigue --- now belongs to Moss and Billie's daughter Maggie. Maggie has invited all the family --- and several hundred guests --- to a July 4 barbecue to celebrate the new sense of family pride she's determined to forge at Sunbridge. But wherever ...more
Published May 12th 1986 by Ballantine (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Texas Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas Heat

Traci
Apr 15, 2013 Traci rated it really liked it
what the hell is wrong with this entire family?! And yet it gets four stars... because I shamelessly gobble down every page...

...it'd get five except that Maggie did a complete 180 because the spoiled rotten little brat finally got everything she wanted and I don't feel like she had to work for it nearly as hard as she thinks she did. (view spoiler)
Kristin Mooney
Jul 27, 2011 Kristin Mooney rated it it was amazing
The best romance, family saga series I have ever read.
Carla Hostetter
Jul 28, 2016 Carla Hostetter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This early Fern Michaels, a Dallas-like family saga, could have been updated with a little editing, but in this world women still traipse around Texas in full length sables and smoke on airplanes, use pay phones, and refer to outdated brand names. As one character asks, "Why do these things keep happening to us?" I want to answer because you are in a soap opera. All the women have glamorous careers: concert pianist, fashion designer, aircraft developer and are Texas larger than life. Still, the ...more
Heather Roberson
Not bad. A friend of mine gave it to me and I didn't realize it was a series. Oops!!
Darlene Wilson
Sep 10, 2007 Darlene Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to get into the next one - - -
Kathy
Dec 15, 2009 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Billie & Thad... in love and dispensing wisdom...sister susan.... gives up her money/talent sucking husband to nurture her disabled child... granddaughter Sawyer fights a brain tumor and depression after her aunt's stepson, Rand (who is older) and who dumps her and takes up with her mother (Maggie)... aunt emilia with her younger, handsome, devoted husband, Carey, whom she can't quite claim until she learns to trust herself... and primarily sister Maggie... who claims Sunbridge for herself a ...more
Jan Mcleod
May 28, 2015 Jan Mcleod rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book #2 in the series does not lack for an excellent plot or action or conflict or character development.
Maggie has inherited Sunbridge and had begun to get her life straight; Cole and Riley are at Sunbridge, too, and not getting along at all; Amelia's marriage seems to be falling apart, but mostly ybecause of her insecurity; Susan is home at Sunbridge pregnant and Jereome is nowhere to be found; Sawyer has a brain tumor; Cole and Riley are accused of rape.
Toooo many details to mention, but you
Andrea
Jan 25, 2015 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in a wonderful trilogy involving a Texas family. This one doesn't have quite the same excitement as the first book, but it's worth reading if only to absorb yourself with this family, who are completely crazy, but in an appealing sort of way. It's like reading a soap opera that you can enjoy at your own pace.
Seadaz
Apr 27, 2016 Seadaz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one.

This is mostly about Sawyer and her battles.
Maggie and her decisions.
Amelia and Susan with their issues.

Billy and Thad are not in the book much at all. They're off with their 10 dogs!

The last couple of chapters are about Riley and Cole's woes.

I'm not sure (yet) how to hide spoilers so I have tried not to put any spoilers in my review.

I do have to say that I think this book (no 2) was better than the 1st. I have book 3 and 4 now ready to read.
Kathy Warren
Mar 05, 2016 Kathy Warren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second read in the Texas series, brings Maggie home to Sunbridge after being sent away Pregnant at 14. She has to deal with all the demons from her childhood and get to know her daughter Sawyer. Wonderful series. Now on the third book in this series Texas Fury.
Becky Moser
love this series. spans generations and is intertwined with 2 other series of books. love these books. excellent vacation reads. reading series for the 3rd time. oldies...but goodies
Gayle
Dec 19, 2015 Gayle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of all three stories, the third story was the best. I enjoyed the book but at the same time I couldn't wait to be done with the book. Overall they were good but corny...
Heather
Better story than Texas Rich. More plausible and I liked the relationships between the family more in this one than Texas Rich.
Mary Lackie benson
Fern Michaels at her best, great series
Jean Brandenburg
This 2nd in the series was much better than the first. Stuff happened, you became engaged with the characters. I can't say it was all that suspenseful, but at least it wasn't a doormat sitting around "whoa is me" like the first one. Unfortunately these books are about 500 pages long. I think the author should have found a way to shorten it to 300 or 350. This kind of book doesn't need to be that long.
I wouldn't have tried the 2nd if I hadn't had the whole set given to me by my sister.
Hope the 3
Cynthia
Feb 12, 2015 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.
Richard Simms
I wanted to love this book, and had been planning to read it for many years. In the end, it was everything I'd hoped... and less. It was, at times, exactly the sprawling family saga I'd hoped... but at various points, the story would drag or, conversely, wildly skip over things I'd hoped to read more details about. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to skimming a few parts... but I enjoyed it enough to pick up book 2 in the series, so... perhaps that says everything you need to know.
Alice Blanco
Sep 27, 2013 Alice Blanco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the first and second generation of the Coleman family now deceased, the story continues with Billie, Maggie, Susan, Amelia, Rand, Riley, Cole and Sawyer and how the family's history affects their lives. Will the family stay estranged? Will all the trials and tribulations bring them closer together? Will Riley be accepted into the Coleman of Texas family? Will Maggie, Susan and Amelia find happiness? So many twists and turns in this book.
Jessica
May 27, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
Very easy read and easy to relate to most of what is happening in the story. Ready to pick up the next one and going on with the series.
Helen
3.5/5***** much less tragic than the first book
Lana
Mar 26, 2013 Lana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a sequel to Texas Rich, Fern Michaels introduces us to the younger generations of Colmans. Billie's children take a prominent role, exploring issues of reconciliation, loss and recovery, and illness. Then the two grandsons are positioned as looking into the future, one sure to be fraught with controversy as they see the world from different perspectives.
Beth
Jul 03, 2007 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the Fern Michaels "Texas" books sometime in my teen years. I read them over and over until they were falling apart. I probably learned what little I knew about sex at the time from reading these books. Thankfully, my tastes have improved, and I don't read stuff like this anymore. My escapist needs are now met by sci-fi/fantasy books.
Taryn
May 23, 2013 Taryn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Taryn by: gina
first off this book was lent to me by someone and i just dont think it was my kind of book. the story was kinda boring, full of lots of drama/gossip (if your into that kind of stuff) the story didnt really hold my intrest till the very end when i just wanted t confirm a few things i kinda knew would happen and ya thats about it....
Olivia Carrillo
Feb 17, 2015 Olivia Carrillo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm hooked on this family. I've read the Vegas series, the Kentucky series, and now I'm going to finish these. I just always have to get past her unrealistic characters and the editors inability to correct her grammar and spelling. Oh well! We're all human.
Donna Halloran
I want to love this series, I really do, but I just don't. The characters are interesting, but it is all so very very predictable and too long. I know this genre is often predictable, maybe I am just getting too old for it :)
Maggie61
Oct 10, 2010 Maggie61 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-before-1984
I much preferred this style of writing of Fern Michaels. The Texas series was fantatic, a gripping saga you don't want to put down.
Peggy Williamson
I read all the series, Texas, Las Vegas and Kentucky. The stories are all related and really kept my attention.
Darlene
Continuing in the Coleman saga, getting a little tired of the family drama
Camillia Dougal
The title of this book says it all! Tears, laughter, and lots of heat!
Bobbi
This is one fucked up family but at least they love each other.
  • Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Colter's Wife
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Anticipation
  • One Wish
  • Texas Tender (The Cowboys, #12)
  • Everything to Gain
  • A View of the River
  • Bloodlines
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Texas (4 books)
  • Texas Rich (Texas, #1)
  • Texas Fury (Texas, #3)
  • Texas Sunrise (Texas, #4)