Start by marking “X-Men: Fatal Attractions” as Want to Read:
X-Men: Fatal Attractions

X-Men: Fatal Attractions (X-Men, Volume II #5)

Magneto; a man embittered by loss. Avalon; a world created for the survival of his chosen people--mutants--sworn to follow a madman's lead. Charles Xavier; the most powerful mind on earth, whose Dream for peaceful co-existence between humans and mutants may be the earth's last hope. Wolverine; the berserker mutant whose adamantium skeleton may be the very thing that destro ...more
Published January 1st 1995 by Marvel Comics Group

To ask other readers questions about X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Men

•ҠЄЄ ♔ ҨԱЄЄИ•

~Lorna Dane (Polaris)

When I started reading X-Men for 2015, my first ever review posted a day after New Year was the three-chaptered story about Magneto's descent to madness and eventual demise via getting blown up with his Asteroid M in X-Men (1993). It was also officially considered as writer Chris Claremont's retirement piece. Just four months later (specifically, last week), I reviewed The Uncanny X-Men issue #200 of 1985, which was about Magneto's trial in the international court and Xavier
Andrew
Jan 11, 2009 Andrew rated it liked it
Shelves: yes-i-m-a-geek
This is where characterizations start getting a little murky. I think the chief cause is new writers coming in with new takes (or misunderstandings) on characters. The other problem is that for this book the writers had a very obvious couple events they wanted to cause, so they were writing character motivations with the chief end in mind. Overall it is still a fun read. This was considered the X-Men 30th Anniversary celebratory event. It collects one issue from each of the X-titles running at t ...more
Alazzar
Jan 04, 2013 Alazzar rated it really liked it
I was going to give this 3 (or maybe 3.5) stars due to the unimpressive last few issues in the arc (one of them spends half the pages tracking a crashing plane that never seems to crash, while the other seems largely removed from the main story line), but when I thought back on some of the big things that happened earlier, I decided this collection was worth the full four stars.

Fatal Attractions has a recurring theme between several of its characters: people pushing themselves to their moral lim
Wayne Murphy
More boring than I remembered

I think when these graphic novels are put together especially one as huge as this one you run the risk of having to read a lot of boring material. I stopped reading X-Men in the late 90's early 2000s I despised the direction and the art work it all became so emo for the self important brats who are now my age when I was at my rabid fandom in the 90's with X-Men. Revisiting these old tales is a bit surprising and can see why Marvel made the change all of us old fans k
Feather Mista
Mar 08, 2010 Feather Mista rated it liked it
A ver, a ver... ¿Qué recuerdo de esta historia? Que lo leí en su momento en la edición de dos tomos que sacó Vid. Que el promedio de los dibujos no era particularmente destacable. Que la famosa escena en la que Magneto le quitaba el adamantium a Wolverine estaba mejor dibujada en la portada que dentro del cómic. Que en un sueño mientras se moría, Logan aparecía como un saco deshuesado (imagen que me impactó bastante en su momento). Y muy poco más. No creo que sea una historieta particularmente r ...more
RoChe Montoya
Jun 15, 2015 RoChe Montoya rated it it was amazing
Magneto and his Acolytes vs. Xavier and his X-Men, this came out so long ago, but the craziest thing to happen that I can remember was Magneto pulling the Adimantium out of Wolverines through his skin, after that he is feral Wolvie. It has been so long since I looked at these, I think these were the ones that had the hologram image on the cover, I do enjoy a good cross over, and I don't think i have all the individual copies but I would like to read this again.
Jdetrick
Kind of a mixed bag, as these large crossovers often are, but with enough high points (particularly Larry Hama's Wolverine issue) to make it worth your while.
Tim
This was the first time I had read this story since it was originally published in the early 90s. I was surprised at how well it held up, mind you it wasn't great or anything, but it's still readable and a lot of the emotional hits still hold weight today (I don't think the Wolverine bone claw reveal will ever not be awesome). I'd probably give this 3.5 stars if it were possible, but it's definitely closer to three than four.
Janet Jay
Holy characters, batman! No but seriously if you've not read every x-man spinoff then you'll spend half your time trying to figure out who said what, much less their name / backstory / whatever.

This was a collection of COMICS that took me SIX DINGDANG MONTHS TO FINISH. Finally forced myself past the finish line, no longer caring about almost any character, just wanting out.
L. Esteban
Dec 04, 2013 L. Esteban rated it it was ok
Meh... De los 6 números que componen el crossover solo puedo rescatar 2.
Como buen cómic noventero, llega a ser pesado leerlo por la gran cantidad de texto con la que uno se llega a encontrar por sus páginas.
Otro buen aspecto es su valor de colección por los famosos hologramas que vienen en la portada si es que lo conseguiste por números individuales.
Matthew Ledrew
Jan 20, 2015 Matthew Ledrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, x-men, reviewed
"Even devoid of this intellectuality that I'm bringing into it Fatal Attractions is one of the crown jewels in the unraveling saga of the X-Men, and a good example that the title was not lost when Claremont left the series."

Read the full review on TheBookCloset
May 01, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
The Death of Illyana Rasputin to this day is still one of the hardest comics for me to read. The story of Colossus abandoning "The Dream" because of her death is truly sad. Let's not forget the biggest shock of all- Wolverine's Adamantium being ripped out. Who. Knew. Magneto. WOULD. Do. It!!!!!
Roman Colombo
Jan 01, 2017 Roman Colombo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic

Although there are printing problems, it is a really good X-Men story. Wolverine #75 is one of the best single issues I've ever read. And the art is great throughout. Very dynamic.
Marc Hampson
Marc Hampson rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2012
Willa Monday
Willa Monday rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2014
Caleb
Caleb rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Iantony
Iantony rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2017
Nick Carter
Nick Carter rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Craig
Craig rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Frank
Frank rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2017
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Gavin Kucera
Gavin Kucera rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2012
Karl
Karl rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2011
Zmaniac
Zmaniac rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
May 05, 2012
Ilmari Henttinen
Ilmari Henttinen rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
  • Decimation: Generation M
  • X-Men: Phoenix - Warsong
  • Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire
  • X-Men: Onslaught - The Complete Epic, Book 2
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.
More about Fabian Nicieza...

X-Men, Volume II (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • X-Men: Mutant Genesis