Start by marking “One Fall” as Want to Read:
One Fall

One Fall

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  14 reviews
With one kick, Joey Hamilton has sent the world of professional wrestling into chaos. In his first World Title match, on national television, Joey botched a simple maneuver, turning a scripted wrestling match into a nightmarish reality. Now the World Champion is injured and the locker room is in tatters. With the top spot open, veteran wrestlers are jockeying for position, ...more
Published September 6th 2004 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about One Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Fall

Shy Holder
One Fall, A Near Fall...

At times this book captivated me, made me feel, made me scratch my head as to what the author was trying to convey or made me think: "This isn't realistic at all." But all in all I enjoyed this book. There are times when the book is seemingly headed in a really good direction as if it is building to a big payoff and then... nothing. Either nothing, no answer or an answer that makes no logical sense even inside the fictional world of wrestling. Constant great build up and
Ryan
Professional wrestling is a form of entertainment as fascinating as it is misunderstood. Baum understands it, though - it interests people as much for what goes on outside the ring as inside, and for the stories being told as for the action and athleticism. It's a timeless, unique form of drama, and at its best its damned entertaining.

One Fall takes place during one of the most interesting times in pro wrestling - the "Monday Night Wars" of the early 2000s, with the Global Wrestling Alliance and
Joel Ungar
That I read this book is a testament to sometimes being cheap - this was a free book on Kindle and for some reason I was bound and determined to read it. I say that because I have always hated professional wrestling.

That being said, this was a decent book. The characters are mostly cartoons, but then so is professional wrestling. I was about 25% of the way through the book and realized I had no clue what the story was going to be. It started to become more apparent about half way through and by
Jordan Cassatt
This is the best book i ever read! I loved every minute of it! half the people that wrote a review, I can tell did not even read the book! Im so sad the book is over! I would love if they made a movie to this book!
Christy
A great, quick read. Dare I say it, I enjoyed this more than Blood Red turns Dollar Green. An interesting insight, with veiled parallels to the Monday Night Wars between WCW and WWF.
Will Hudson
For a guy who has been a wrestling fan for almost 40 years and considers the Monday Night wars era to be one of the high points in wrestling's history, this book was a great read. Spencer creates very likable characters from the bigger then life world of professional wrestling, but keeps the heroes human enough for you to relate to. I used to write wrestling columns during that time period for a small time review web site, and I can totally relate to the 'journalist' that breaks the story. Well ...more
Kris
Not very good. I did read it to the end so, to be fair, it's inoffensive. None of the characters are particularly likable, and the plot is fairly predictable.

Fan fiction level quality.
Beckimoody Moody
This was a surprising good book, in spite of being about pro wrestling, a subject I knew nothing about. The characters are believable and sympathetic. The story is not a tremendously original one -- young rookie has to figure out who to trust as he works his way to the top -- but setting it in the world of pro wrestling certainly added a novel element. I'm sure real fans would recognize even more of the supporting characters.
Cory Harris
Needed something lighter, and this fit the bill. Great nods to the Monday Night Wars from the bygone wrestling days of my youth. Some character inconsistencies and threads not developed or carried through, but I was surprised at a number of scenes. Recommend for past or present wrestling fans.
Jeremiah Graves
Good book for any wrestling nerd such as myself. The love story was a bit cheesy and underwhelming, but overall a very good read. The "big reveal" was also pretty predictable, but it was still fun and kept me turning pages like a machine.
Coffegrl
This was a great summer read. I can honestly say that I never thought I would enjoy a book about professional wrestling, but Spencer made it fun!
Vince
Pretty good overall. A re-imagining of the Monday Night Wars from the late 90s.
Spencer Baum
May 08, 2010 Spencer Baum added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I've read this a few times.
Destiny
I'd watch the movie
Jerry Hendrixj
Jerry Hendrixj marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Nathan Cosby
Nathan Cosby is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2015
Cody Fryman
Cody Fryman marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Kristin Pickford
Kristin Pickford marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Lorrea(WhatChaReadin'?)
Lorrea(WhatChaReadin'?) marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Feb 14, 2015
Christine Peterson
Christine Peterson marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Jason
Jason added it
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Homecoming Masquerade The Festival of the Moon The Bonding Ritual (Girls Wearing Black, #4) The Rose Ransom The Demon Queen And The Locksmith