Start by marking “One Fall” as Want to Read:
One Fall

One Fall

With one kick, Joey Hamilton has sent the world of professional wrestling into chaos. In his first World Title match, on national television, Joey botched a simple maneuver, turning a scripted wrestling match into a nightmarish reality. Now the World Champion is injured and the locker room is in tatters. With the top spot open, veteran wrestlers are jockeying for position, ...more
Published September 6th 2004 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about One Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Fall

Lucas Michael
Dec 28, 2016 Lucas Michael rated it liked it
Great knowledge of the business turned into an intriguing and highly enjoyable fiction!
Shy Holder
One Fall, A Near Fall...

At times this book captivated me, made me feel, made me scratch my head as to what the author was trying to convey or made me think: "This isn't realistic at all." But all in all I enjoyed this book. There are times when the book is seemingly headed in a really good direction as if it is building to a big payoff and then... nothing. Either nothing, no answer or an answer that makes no logical sense even inside the fictional world of wrestling. Constant great build up and
Ryan
Jun 16, 2010 Ryan rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Professional wrestling is a form of entertainment as fascinating as it is misunderstood. Baum understands it, though - it interests people as much for what goes on outside the ring as inside, and for the stories being told as for the action and athleticism. It's a timeless, unique form of drama, and at its best its damned entertaining.

One Fall takes place during one of the most interesting times in pro wrestling - the "Monday Night Wars" of the early 2000s, with the Global Wrestling Alliance and
Joel Ungar
Sep 29, 2013 Joel Ungar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
That I read this book is a testament to sometimes being cheap - this was a free book on Kindle and for some reason I was bound and determined to read it. I say that because I have always hated professional wrestling.

That being said, this was a decent book. The characters are mostly cartoons, but then so is professional wrestling. I was about 25% of the way through the book and realized I had no clue what the story was going to be. It started to become more apparent about half way through and by
Will Hudson
Sep 23, 2011 Will Hudson rated it really liked it
For a guy who has been a wrestling fan for almost 40 years and considers the Monday Night wars era to be one of the high points in wrestling's history, this book was a great read. Spencer creates very likable characters from the bigger then life world of professional wrestling, but keeps the heroes human enough for you to relate to. I used to write wrestling columns during that time period for a small time review web site, and I can totally relate to the 'journalist' that breaks the story. Well ...more
Beckimoody Moody
Jul 12, 2011 Beckimoody Moody rated it it was amazing
This was a surprising good book, in spite of being about pro wrestling, a subject I knew nothing about. The characters are believable and sympathetic. The story is not a tremendously original one -- young rookie has to figure out who to trust as he works his way to the top -- but setting it in the world of pro wrestling certainly added a novel element. I'm sure real fans would recognize even more of the supporting characters.
Jeremiah Graves
Jul 07, 2012 Jeremiah Graves rated it really liked it
Shelves: wrasslin, 2012
Good book for any wrestling nerd such as myself. The love story was a bit cheesy and underwhelming, but overall a very good read. The "big reveal" was also pretty predictable, but it was still fun and kept me turning pages like a machine.
Cory Harris
Jan 20, 2013 Cory Harris rated it liked it
Needed something lighter, and this fit the bill. Great nods to the Monday Night Wars from the bygone wrestling days of my youth. Some character inconsistencies and threads not developed or carried through, but I was surprised at a number of scenes. Recommend for past or present wrestling fans.
Jordan Cassatt
May 01, 2014 Jordan Cassatt rated it it was amazing
This is the best book i ever read! I loved every minute of it! half the people that wrote a review, I can tell did not even read the book! Im so sad the book is over! I would love if they made a movie to this book!
Christy
Jul 15, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it
A great, quick read. Dare I say it, I enjoyed this more than Blood Red turns Dollar Green. An interesting insight, with veiled parallels to the Monday Night Wars between WCW and WWF.
Spencer Baum
May 08, 2010 Spencer Baum added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I've read this a few times.
Coffegrl
Jul 15, 2010 Coffegrl rated it really liked it
This was a great summer read. I can honestly say that I never thought I would enjoy a book about professional wrestling, but Spencer made it fun!
Kris
Jan 19, 2014 Kris rated it did not like it
Not very good. I did read it to the end so, to be fair, it's inoffensive. None of the characters are particularly likable, and the plot is fairly predictable.

Fan fiction level quality.
Jason C.
Jason C. rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Toby Fermoy
Toby Fermoy rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2017
Dawdler
Dawdler rated it really liked it
May 29, 2011
Daniel Heffron
Daniel Heffron rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Marc Weinstein
Marc Weinstein rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
Vince
Sep 01, 2012 Vince rated it liked it
Pretty good overall. A re-imagining of the Monday Night Wars from the late 90s.
Steven Askin
Steven Askin rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Michael Turpin
Michael Turpin rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2012
Jim Glaspy
Jim Glaspy rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2016
Jared Tickner
Jared Tickner rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2014
John Farmer
John Farmer rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2009
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2012
Carla Herbert
Carla Herbert rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2013
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013