Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Meditation: CIG to Meditation” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Meditation: CIG to Meditation

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Meditation: CIG to Meditation

You're no idiot, of course. You know it's important to exercise, eat right, and get enough sleep. But when it comes to relaxing and slowing down the pace, you sill can't get out of the fast lane. Don't crash and burn yet! The Complete Idiot's Guide to Meditation shows you how easy it is to enjoy the benefits of meditation. In this Complete Idiot's Guide, you get:

Published January 1st 1999 by Alpha (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Meditation

Em
Jan 04, 2015 Em rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-recommended
It seemed the longer I read this book (usually a chapter a week) that my meditation practice became weaker. The authors covered up and down the aspects of meditation from western Christian prayer to chakras to yoga to reiki to whatever else they could think of, aura and all, until it became rather meaningless. I guess since it's the idiot's guide their approach turned conglomeration into idiocy. The thing is these idiot's guides are so fragmented and repetitive and ultimately watered down that t ...more
Colleen
A clear and encouraging book, which does a fair job of trying to be all things to all people... or more specifically, all types of meditation to all types of people that might be picking this book up. I'm still not great shakes at putting it into practice but I *do* now clearly know what I *should* be doing!
Ross
Sep 14, 2014 Ross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply put: Great overview of the origins and uses of meditation. I knew nothing about meditation going into this book and came out more mindful of various practices throughout the world and the benefits of meditation.

A few good exercises and a few great ways to focus while meditating.
Gary
Sep 05, 2014 Gary rated it it was ok
One really has to wade through a lot of unrelated and unneccesary material to finally get some guidance on how to meditate. Just reading sections 4 & 5 (about 140 pages) is enough. I recall seeing another CIG to shorter meditations-maybe that would have been a better choice.
Tiffany
Aug 02, 2007 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book alot. It helps teach you to quiet your mind and be calm and at peace. Obviously you're going to want to expand on it, do what feels good for you, but this is a great place to start. :)
Catherine
Jul 14, 2010 Catherine marked it as to-read
Recommended by my yoga instructor as a starting point for meditation
Mary Ann
I'm reading this on my Kindle. It uses language I understand.
Alicia
Mar 23, 2007 Alicia rated it liked it
I liked reading this a lot and pledged myself to start meditating. Too bad I never followed through. If you're interested in learning the discipline you can't really go wrong with this.
Vandrion
May 07, 2009 Vandrion marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have recently decided that I really want to start meditating. That is the purpose for this read.
Earthchild
Sep 17, 2012 Earthchild rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found a lot of good information which will help me with learning to meditate.
Robin
Aug 24, 2013 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great introductory resource to all things meditation.
Kara
Feb 17, 2009 Kara rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to quite their mind and open themselves us to the All.
A lot of really simple yet valuable exercises, even for someone who has been sitting for a while.
Jerome Pampinella
Jerome Pampinella rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Maya
Maya rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2009
Cheri Thomley
Cheri Thomley rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Cameron
Cameron rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Ted
Ted rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2008
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2011
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
sharon ingram
sharon ingram rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Giselle Scotdeerie
Giselle Scotdeerie rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Ravyn Shadowdrake
Ravyn Shadowdrake rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2008
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2012
James Andersen
James Andersen rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Valarie Sizemore
Valarie Sizemore rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
RJ McGill
RJ McGill rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Roberta
Roberta rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2011