Start by marking “Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A, #9)” as Want to Read:
Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A, #9)

Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A #9)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  2,442 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Hikari diberi surat dan tiket ke London oleh kakeknya Kei. Ternyata di sana Hikari dijodohkan dengan banyak lelaki Inggris. Saat hendak kabur dari perjodohan itu, dia bertemu dengan seorang pangeran bernama Finn, yang menolongnya dari kejaran anak buah kakek Kei. Setelah itu, mereka pun berteman, namun tak disangka, kemudian Finn menyusul Hikari ke Jepang dan melamar Hikar ...more
200 pages
Published July 28th 2008 by PT. Gramedia Majalah (M&C) (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Special A, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special A, Vol. 9

Ahmad Sharabiani
Jun 09, 2016 Ahmad Sharabiani rated it really liked it
Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A #9), Maki Minami
Alexei
Come check out my book blog! Teenage Bookaholic

SYNOPSIS: *Please note that this is a review for the entire series, comprised of 17 books*
Hikari Hanazono is not your typical high school girl. While she comes from a modest background, she strives to do her best at anything and everything to top her rival. After losing an impromptu wrestling match as a child, Hikari made it her life's goal to beat Kei Takishima, a wealthy child who is destined to work for the family business, any way possible. She
Michelle. D.
Feb 15, 2011 Michelle. D. rated it it was amazing
I love Tadashi!!! He is my favourite character!!!!!!!!
Tadashi ♥♥♥ :D

So this review is for the overall series. I give the overall series 5 stars because it was raelly good.

Funny at times, romantic at times, cute at times, sad at times. Also, I really loved the art (It's true! I have some saved pictures from things in the book.)

I would like to say that Hikari is SOOOOOOOO dense. I mean like crazy. I'm not even joking. I'm not going to tell you why but I want to say that when she said that and Taki
Suzanne
Mar 29, 2011 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review #29) "S.A." is a great manga series to read! It's an abbreviation for "Special A." In Japan, the classes are labeled with letters. For example, class A, class B, class C, and so on. I think they can also use numbers. For instance, class A-1, class A-2, class A-3, and so on. In this manga,S.A. is basically the "special class" or the "high ranking class." In other words, it's like the Honors class of the school. It's made up a seven students that have the highest grades of the school (in Ja ...more
Alya Atiera
May 14, 2016 Alya Atiera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, manga
The rating and review are conclusion for all of the volumes. Except for the synopsis.

Okay, where do I begin? The first volume is not that bad. A bit like warming up. As the story goes on, it gets more interesting and funnier. I love the ending. It's totally cute!

(view spoiler)
MarsianMan
Dec 02, 2010 MarsianMan rated it it was amazing
Note:This review is a series review, not really a volume specific review.

One of my favorite mangas. An excellent shoujo (meaning it is a comic aimed at teenage girls) story about Hikari whose life mission is to beat Kei. She goes to a very expensive school (one that her family can barely afford) for the sole purpose of trying to beat Kei. Poor Hikari is a clueless and loving girl who is always #2 in everything while Kei is #1. A good mix of drama, hilarity, and sweetness.
Hannah
Jun 08, 2016 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Dianne Owens
Mar 17, 2013 Dianne Owens rated it really liked it
Okay, so the storyline added in another cast member and created some rather odd situations for our characters. Finn is hilarious, though I sort of suspected his secret when he made the first appearance as odd as it was. As for Kei and Hikari, the relationship between these two is developing rather nicely. Yep, I am a happy little vegemite.
Yue
Jun 15, 2012 Yue rated it really liked it
Finally something about Ryu... only that it is kind of dense... His story with Finn, WOW. Even if Finn turned out to be "different" I think she is very strange, with that obsession for her mother!! WTF...

Hikari always makes me laugh, even in that scene when Kei is getting so romantic. He finally confesses his feelings for her!
Hannah
Sep 18, 2014 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Series Review: Special A is a interesting and cute manga that I really enjoyed. It was funny and entertaining plot and character wise. I most enjoyed the dynamic between the characters. I recommend giving this manga a try.
Priyam
Oct 18, 2008 Priyam rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Yay! That's the last of the missing chapters! Now on to the monthly releases! :(

SUPER HUGE THANKS TO SPECIAL A SCANS!!!!! :D they are awesome.
so is potato-otaku but they are too....well, they are great too
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This series was amazing! Hikari and Kai's relationship is so comedic and heartwarming. I got through this series so fast and I just wanted to keep reading. All the characters are fun and this series is very entertaining.

If you liked Ouran High School Host Club I would recommend this series.
Grace
Feb 28, 2015 Grace is currently reading it
How do you read it
Paula
This series was hilarious! I found myself laughing out loud ever so often as I eagerly read the story. This author's work is just remarkable!
Amy
Aug 20, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Bwa?? Okay, this is a great storyline and am sad it wasn't used in the anime. Can't wait for the next installment!
Nidhi Bhatt
I liked Finn and Ryuu's pairing! <3
Victoria Newman
Nov 23, 2016 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
It is a great book to read
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Another twist! ooooo
Emmy Lou
Hikari is whisked off to London by Kei's grandfather to be wooed by lots of foreign men. What will she do when one of the follows her back to Japan?
Jenny Clark
Ah Finn... this will be interesting. And yea Kei finaly said it!!!
Honeys
Honeys rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Alicia Harvey
Alicia Harvey rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2014
Rossana
Rossana rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2013
Andriazosa
Andriazosa rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Keroara
Keroara rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Khaelynn
Khaelynn rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Doremili
Doremili rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Sidya
Sidya rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2011
Sunny Vaswani
Sunny Vaswani rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Rizka Maryana
Rizka Maryana rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 03 (Maid-sama! #3)
  • Happy Cafe, Volume 3
  • High School Debut, Vol. 12 (High School Debut, #12)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 11
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 15 (The Wallflower, #15)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 8 (Wild Ones, #8)
791996
She is a Japanese manga author. She is best known as the author of manga series Special A.

In 2001, her short story Day Dream Believer (デイ・ドリーム・ビリーバー) received an Honourable Mention for Hakusensha's 25th Athena awards. She debuted in Hana to Yume's October 2001 issue with a short story titled Faraway Blue (彼方の青 Kanata no Ao).
Maki Minami's longest running series, Special A, began publication in 200
More about Maki Minami...

Special A (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Special A, Vol. 1 (Special A, #1)
  • Special A, Vol. 02 (Special A, #2)
  • Special A, Vol. 3 (Special A, #3)
  • Special A, Vol. 4 (Special A, #4)
  • Special A, Vol. 5 (Special A, #5)
  • Special A, Vol. 6 (Special A, #6)
  • Special A, Vol. 7 (Special A, #7)
  • Special A, Vol. 8 (Special A, #8)
  • Special A, Vol. 10 (Special A, #10)
  • Special A, Vol. 11 (Special A, #11)