Start by marking “Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A, #9)” as Want to Read:
Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A, #9)

Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A #9)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,872 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Hikari diberi surat dan tiket ke London oleh kakeknya Kei. Ternyata di sana Hikari dijodohkan dengan banyak lelaki Inggris. Saat hendak kabur dari perjodohan itu, dia bertemu dengan seorang pangeran bernama Finn, yang menolongnya dari kejaran anak buah kakek Kei. Setelah itu, mereka pun berteman, namun tak disangka, kemudian Finn menyusul Hikari ke Jepang dan melamar Hikar...more
200 pages
Published July 28th 2008 by PT. Gramedia Majalah (M&C) (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Special A, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special A, Vol. 9

Alexei
Come check out my book blog! Teenage Bookaholic

SYNOPSIS: *Please note that this is a review for the entire series, comprised of 17 books*
Hikari Hanazono is not your typical high school girl. While she comes from a modest background, she strives to do her best at anything and everything to top her rival. After losing an impromptu wrestling match as a child, Hikari made it her life's goal to beat Kei Takishima, a wealthy child who is destined to work for the family business, any way possible. She...more
Michelle. D.
I love Tadashi!!! He is my favourite character!!!!!!!!
Tadashi ♥♥♥ :D

So this review is for the overall series. I give the overall series 5 stars because it was raelly good.

Funny at times, romantic at times, cute at times, sad at times. Also, I really loved the art (It's true! I have some saved pictures from things in the book.)

I would like to say that Hikari is SOOOOOOOO dense. I mean like crazy. I'm not even joking. I'm not going to tell you why but I want to say that when she said that and Taki...more
Suzanne
Review #29) "S.A." is a great manga series to read! It's an abbreviation for "Special A." In Japan, the classes are labeled with letters. For example, class A, class B, class C, and so on. I think they can also use numbers. For instance, class A-1, class A-2, class A-3, and so on. In this manga,S.A. is basically the "special class" or the "high ranking class." In other words, it's like the Honors class of the school. It's made up a seven students that have the highest grades of the school (in Ja...more
Hannah
Series Review: Special A is a interesting and cute manga that I really enjoyed. It was funny and entertaining plot and character wise. I most enjoyed the dynamic between the characters. I recommend giving this manga a try.
MarsianMan
Note:This review is a series review, not really a volume specific review.

One of my favorite mangas. An excellent shoujo (meaning it is a comic aimed at teenage girls) story about Hikari whose life mission is to beat Kei. She goes to a very expensive school (one that her family can barely afford) for the sole purpose of trying to beat Kei. Poor Hikari is a clueless and loving girl who is always #2 in everything while Kei is #1. A good mix of drama, hilarity, and sweetness.
Dianne Owens
Okay, so the storyline added in another cast member and created some rather odd situations for our characters. Finn is hilarious, though I sort of suspected his secret when he made the first appearance as odd as it was. As for Kei and Hikari, the relationship between these two is developing rather nicely. Yep, I am a happy little vegemite.
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Finally something about Ryu... only that it is kind of dense... His story with Finn, WOW. Even if Finn turned out to be "different" I think she is very strange, with that obsession for her mother!! WTF...

Hikari always makes me laugh, even in that scene when Kei is getting so romantic. He finally confesses his feelings for her!
Priyam
Yay! That's the last of the missing chapters! Now on to the monthly releases! :(

SUPER HUGE THANKS TO SPECIAL A SCANS!!!!! :D they are awesome.
so is potato-otaku but they are too....well, they are great too
Emmy Lou
Hikari is whisked off to London by Kei's grandfather to be wooed by lots of foreign men. What will she do when one of the follows her back to Japan?
Paula
This series was hilarious! I found myself laughing out loud ever so often as I eagerly read the story. This author's work is just remarkable!
Amy
Bwa?? Okay, this is a great storyline and am sad it wasn't used in the anime. Can't wait for the next installment!
Hauser
Hauser marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Gwen Boysillo
Gwen Boysillo marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Oct 15, 2014
  • My Sweet Kaicho, Vol. 8
  • Happy Cafe, Volume 3
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 11
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 3 (Wild Ones, #3)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 10 (High School Debut, #10)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 10
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 12
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 05
  • Faster than a Kiss 06
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 14
791996
She is a Japanese manga author. She is best known as the author of manga series Special A.

In 2001, her short story Day Dream Believer (デイ・ドリーム・ビリーバー) received an Honourable Mention for Hakusensha's 25th Athena awards. She debuted in Hana to Yume's October 2001 issue with a short story titled Faraway Blue (彼方の青 Kanata no Ao).
Maki Minami's longest running series, Special A, began publication in 200...more
More about Maki Minami...
Special A, Vol. 1 (Special A, #1) Special A, Vol. 02 (Special A, #2) Special A, Vol. 7 (Special A, #7) Special A, Vol. 3 (Special A, #3) Special A, Vol. 17 (Special A, #17)