And There Are Girls You Marry

And There Are Girls You Marry

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Ten years have passed since Dan broke Sabrina's heart and crushed her faith in men. Now he wants her back, but can he get her to see beyond his old playboy persona to the man he's become?
Published February 22nd 2008 by Wild Rose Press (first published February 20th 2008)

Booklover
This could have been much better book but many issues were left unsolved,Dan-Bri both are still in love with each other but their relationship lacks trust and communication.The reason for Dan's cheating was not good enough for me.Dan's attitude angered me when Bri found difficult to deal with his groupies and when she tells him what if she is not able to deal with it he just say "find a way to deal with it"
How can he be so insensitive and indifferent specially when he not once but repeatedly che...more
Nicci   ☞ Hell Raisin Sugar  ☜
Soooooooo many times I heard my Momma say, "now, baby, you don't wanna be the girl they f---. You wanna be the girl they marry." That's pretty much the gist of this book. Dan was in love with Sabrina and vice versa but he screwed up BIG time and things fell apart. Years later, he needs help recuperating from a sports injury and she's a PT. He moves her in to his big ole house, gives her the business, makes her fall in love with his little girl and sets about making her his wife. Cute, nothing to...more
Heather andrews
Dan has the most sorry excuse for his reason for cheating, "it's like my father always said, there are girls you eff, and girls you marry. You are definitely a girl you marry." Sabrina blinked. Had he meant that to be flattering? Was that crap supposed to be a compliment? Because he looked quite please with himself." Sabrina doesn't mess around especially when it comes to her job, and Dan being that job, "then you're gonna have to decide whether or not you can fit therapy into your social calend...more
Siddhee
I completed reading this book, this very morning, here is the review.

The book's two main characters Sabrina and Dan were college sweethearts. But they broke up.

10 years later...

Dan now a famous athlete, has recently gone through a major operation, and he needs a kick ass therapist who can repair him in time for his spring training. That Therapist, happens to be Sabrina, who is coerced into being his therapist.

When she does meet him, she realizes that, Dan now has an eight year old child name Lex...more
Mspink
Dan and Sabrina were high school and college sweethearts. Dan basically treated Sabrina as his "forever" girl and yet was being unfaithful behind her back with what he considered "girls you don't marry". There are "girls you X#$%" and "girls you marry". He told her as much when she found out and confronted him and he didn't seem to understand why it didn't make sense to her. She broke up with him and 10 years later was his physical therapist after he hurt his leg playing professional ball. She h...more
Michele A.
Overall it was a pretty decent book. Dan and Sabrina have both spent the last 10 years trying to get over Dan's betrayal and cheating on Sabrina. Both characters struggled with the changes that have been brought about in their lives for the last 10 years and it was interesting the way Tina Gallagher portrayed their struggles.
Tiana white
I love second chance love. my husband and dated high school broke up for almost years and got back together. 12 years later and 3 kids still in love. the story is almost my life.
DA4Pups
Very light read. Needed more depth. If we were given more of Dan's story in the intervening years and Dan's POV, the book might have been better for me.
Mareli
I'm back after a 1 week holidays and I'm so behind my books I don't know how I will recuperate. I have like 15 books to be reviewed and I don't know what I will do :(

This one I read it yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind. The story was promising but it never reached its goals. I felt it a bit superficial, even if the cheating theme was important and deserved some deep considerations.

The fact that he was a cheater because his father taught him that way, well I had some doubts about it. That whole...more
Lindsey
College sweethearts torn apart through betrayal trying to find their way back to one another. This was a sweet read with a nice amount of sugar and spice. Most of the stories setting was Bri trying to let herself open back up to the man whom she's always loved. Some may say that process kind of dragged on however I'd have to disagree. It helped pace the story and give it a sense of trueness. It did seem that the ending was to quickly wrapped up. I would have liked a little more detail then basic...more
Jessica
WHERES THE ENDING!!
Barbara Edwards
I liked the story. Sabrina held my interest with her conflicted feelings for Dan. And Dan had the typical male problem of not being able to explain his actions. When it worked out, I was happy.
Petra
Jun 16, 2010 Petra added it
I never got into the story and the reason they broke up wasn't as big as it was built up to be.
Renee at Book Happiness
I love second chance romance especially when the male lead has been a bad bad boy...
Tracy
Love this type of story.... Old Flames back together again. Great read!
Caroline
Sep 16, 2012 Caroline marked it as to-read
Shelves: maybe
???????
Kalyee
Kalyee marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Keiko Nainggolan
Keiko Nainggolan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Bride of the Wind
  • A Perfect Marriage (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #621)
  • Bride for Real
  • Unforgivable
  • No Longer Mine
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • Bold Angel
  • Sensation
  • Jake Howard's Wife
  • Never Call It Love
  • A Thin Line
  • The Duchess's Next Husband (Harlequin Historical, #751)
  • Dangerous Desires
  • Second Chances
  • Blank Slate Kate (Toronto, #7)
  • Seized by Love (Russian series/Kuzan Family series, #1)
  • The Ultimate Betrayal

Tina Gallagher writes Contemporary Romance novels that sizzle with passion and always have a happy ending, as well as informative, non-fiction.

Tina was raised in Northeast Pennsylvania and in-between softball, basketball, and music lessons, she and her best friend would create their own "happily ever afters" for their favorite soap opera couples. After a while, the soap operas lost their appeal,...more
More about Tina Gallagher...
Misguided Romance by the Book Tupelo Honey Fortunes Prescription for Love