Start by marking “And There Are Girls You Marry” as Want to Read:
And There Are Girls You Marry

And There Are Girls You Marry

Ten years have passed since Dan broke Sabrina's heart and crushed her faith in men. Now he wants her back, but can he get her to see beyond his old playboy persona to the man he's become?
Published February 22nd 2008 by Wild Rose Press (first published February 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about And There Are Girls You Marry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And There Are Girls You Marry

Booklover
This could have been much better book but many issues were left unsolved,Dan-Bri both are still in love with each other but their relationship lacks trust and communication.The reason for Dan's cheating was not good enough for me.Dan's attitude angered me when Bri found difficult to deal with his groupies and when she tells him what if she is not able to deal with it he just say "find a way to deal with it"
How can he be so insensitive and indifferent specially when he not once but repeatedly che
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Melodramatic and sappy. :(
Nicci   ☞ Hell Raisin Sugar  ☜
Soooooooo many times I heard my Momma say, "now, baby, you don't wanna be the girl they f---. You wanna be the girl they marry." That's pretty much the gist of this book. Dan was in love with Sabrina and vice versa but he screwed up BIG time and things fell apart. Years later, he needs help recuperating from a sports injury and she's a PT. He moves her in to his big ole house, gives her the business, makes her fall in love with his little girl and sets about making her his wife. Cute, nothing to ...more
Mspink
Apr 04, 2010 Mspink rated it really liked it
Dan and Sabrina were high school and college sweethearts. Dan basically treated Sabrina as his "forever" girl and yet was being unfaithful behind her back with what he considered "girls you don't marry". There are "girls you X#$%" and "girls you marry". He told her as much when she found out and confronted him and he didn't seem to understand why it didn't make sense to her. She broke up with him and 10 years later was his physical therapist after he hurt his leg playing professional ball. She h ...more
Siddhee
I completed reading this book, this very morning, here is the review.

The book's two main characters Sabrina and Dan were college sweethearts. But they broke up.

10 years later...

Dan now a famous athlete, has recently gone through a major operation, and he needs a kick ass therapist who can repair him in time for his spring training. That Therapist, happens to be Sabrina, who is coerced into being his therapist.

When she does meet him, she realizes that, Dan now has an eight year old child name Lex
Heather andrews
Feb 09, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dan has the most sorry excuse for his reason for cheating, "it's like my father always said, there are girls you eff, and girls you marry. You are definitely a girl you marry." Sabrina blinked. Had he meant that to be flattering? Was that crap supposed to be a compliment? Because he looked quite please with himself." Sabrina doesn't mess around especially when it comes to her job, and Dan being that job, "then you're gonna have to decide whether or not you can fit therapy into your social calend ...more
Dawn Pressel
Jun 26, 2016 Dawn Pressel rated it did not like it
I thought this would be a good read from the first few chapters but then it fell short. The ending felt rushed and I can't help but dislike Dan's [deal with it] attitude not to mention adjusting Uncle Jack's habit of the type of women he invites to FAMILY gatherings. Nor did they address the "college" buddies and the party she left. I didn't get the feeling Dan had changed his ways...the author never addressed why he didn't answer his phone when Lexi called either. YES Sabrina has some serious t ...more
Lillian♥
Nov 17, 2016 Lillian♥ rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐. 5 stars

I liked the story, but a few things were left unanswered. I feel like it ended too abruptly.

Like, how does Lexi react to sabrina coming back? Does she start calling her mom? Why didn't we get more of the conversations about sabrina not being her. Mom instead of getting the gist of it?
Also, why didn't she tell Dan about Kent? If they're still hanging out after 10 years, he's still part of Dan's life, but we only saw him once and that was it, even though he had a huge part on the bre
Mareli
Jul 02, 2012 Mareli rated it it was ok
I'm back after a 1 week holidays and I'm so behind my books I don't know how I will recuperate. I have like 15 books to be reviewed and I don't know what I will do :(

This one I read it yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind. The story was promising but it never reached its goals. I felt it a bit superficial, even if the cheating theme was important and deserved some deep considerations.

The fact that he was a cheater because his father taught him that way, well I had some doubts about it. That whole
Lindsey
May 22, 2012 Lindsey rated it liked it
College sweethearts torn apart through betrayal trying to find their way back to one another. This was a sweet read with a nice amount of sugar and spice. Most of the stories setting was Bri trying to let herself open back up to the man whom she's always loved. Some may say that process kind of dragged on however I'd have to disagree. It helped pace the story and give it a sense of trueness. It did seem that the ending was to quickly wrapped up. I would have liked a little more detail then basic ...more
Michele A.
Feb 28, 2014 Michele A. rated it liked it
Overall it was a pretty decent book. Dan and Sabrina have both spent the last 10 years trying to get over Dan's betrayal and cheating on Sabrina. Both characters struggled with the changes that have been brought about in their lives for the last 10 years and it was interesting the way Tina Gallagher portrayed their struggles.
Debra Ashwood
Apr 08, 2015 Debra Ashwood rated it really liked it
This story was a challenge to read. I was so pissed off with Dan's outlook on women. But I loved the story line of second chance love coming thru. And how Sabrina made him work for her love. This is a book I have read and will reread again. And will be getting more from Tina Gallagher.
Jeannette
Good book

This was a good book to read. I wish it was longer to read. Wish it had an epilogue to finish up the book.
Petra (Safari Poet)
I never got into the story and the reason they broke up wasn't as big as it was built up to be.
Caroline
Sep 16, 2012 Caroline marked it as to-read
Shelves: maybe
???????
Amy
Feb 03, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this

Really loved this story and the ups and downs between Dan and Sabrina. Second chance romance after betrayal and 10 years later.. Great story
Barbara Edwards
Sep 21, 2011 Barbara Edwards rated it really liked it
I liked the story. Sabrina held my interest with her conflicted feelings for Dan. And Dan had the typical male problem of not being able to explain his actions. When it worked out, I was happy.
Tiana
Apr 05, 2014 Tiana rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I love second chance love. my husband and dated high school broke up for almost years and got back together. 12 years later and 3 kids still in love. the story is almost my life.
Jessica
Mar 27, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
WHERES THE ENDING!!
Renee at Book Happiness
I love second chance romance especially when the male lead has been a bad bad boy...
DA4Pups
Very light read. Needed more depth. If we were given more of Dan's story in the intervening years and Dan's POV, the book might have been better for me.
Lisa
Lisa rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2012
Shycat12234
Shycat12234 rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2012
Tc
Tc rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Neenu
Neenu rated it it was ok
Oct 28, 2016
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Kim Crowell
Kim Crowell rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Meg Kinch
Meg Kinch rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Against the Ropes
  • The Coming Home Place
  • The Perfect Sinner (The Perfect Crightons, #6)
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Second Chances
  • Mutual Consent
  • Manacled in Monaco (Mediterranean Mambo #1)
  • Unforgivable
  • Reason to Believe
  • Pieces of Us
  • A Modern Love Story
  • A Love Stolen
  • No Longer Mine
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • Not To Us
  • The Millionaire She Married (Bravo Family, #5; Conveniently Yours, #5)
  • Dry as Rain

Tina Gallagher writes Contemporary Romance novels that sizzle with passion and always have a happy ending, as well as informative, non-fiction.

Tina was raised in Northeast Pennsylvania and in-between softball, basketball, and music lessons, she and her best friend would create their own "happily ever afters" for their favorite soap opera couples. After a while, the soap operas lost their appeal,
More about Tina Gallagher...