Start by marking “Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand” as Want to Read:
Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand

Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,036 ratings  ·  120 reviews
Newbery Honor-winning author Gale Carson Levine (Ella Enchanted) delivers the thrilling sequel to Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. Rani, Tinker Bell, and all of the Never Fairies find themselves fighting against the greatest danger of all--their own hearts desires--to save their beloved Fairy Haven.
Published July 31st 2007 by Disney Press

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleBeauty by Robin McKinleyThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanFairest by Gail Carson Levine
The Best Fairytales and Retellings
455th out of 1,484 books — 6,593 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingThe Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Best Teen/Pre-Teen Books
62nd out of 350 books — 288 voters

More lists with this book...

Amy Carr
I'm not sure what to say. I bought it at a recent Scholastic warehouse sale because my 4 year old daughter saw the cover with all the fairies and I saw the name of the author whom I usually really enjoy...but this book was somewhat of a disaster. It is published by the "Disney" company and involves Tinkerbell and other fairies from Neverland but the writing is very choppy and formulaic...no individual voice and style to it. The story is confusing and doesn't get very interesting until about 1/2 ...more
Carolina Riojas
I clearly remember that this was my first book (of more than 100 pages) that i read in my life. It took me around... Hmm... One year? No. Over a year. It took me over a year to finish this book, i was only nine years old, so, one page was like a REALLY big progress for me.

But anyway i remember ( i read it a long that ago that i can't remember clearly) that i really like.

Maybe i should read it again...
Spottedbreath Smith
What happens when a selfish mermaid wants a wand? A flood happens. What happens when a fairy hears a mermaids' song? They fairy turns into a bat.
What happens when some fairies go on a quest for a wand? Read it and you'll find out. XD
Kayla
''FAIRY HAVEN AND THE QUEST FOR THE WAND'' this book is okay it reminds me of Tinker Bell and her fairy friends... But its a pretty good book!
Joy
In the previous book, Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, a promise is made to the mermaid Soop. In exchange for the mermaid comb, she was promised a magic wand. Time has passed and this promise has not been fulfilled. So, Soop decides that she will flood Fairy Haven unless she is given her want.

Queen Clarion, Tinkerbell and Rani set out for the land of the fairies that possess wands in hopes that they will be able to get a wand to prevent the flooding.

A rare sequel that is better than the fi
Bekka
This was kind of a cute book. You really need to know the fairy lore of the Disney Neverland Fairies to really get the book, though. I've seen a couple of the movies, so I got the talents and some of that. I need to read the first one, since I'd never heard any of that about the Dove. This is not a particularly deep book, and doesn't really have any grand message, other than "be responsible." The illustrations are quite well done and I enjoyed them a lot. This is a good book for girls on a purel ...more
Jill
Oct 13, 2008 Jill rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents who read to younger children and children up to eight- who can read independently
Recommended to Jill by: I Found It At The Library

Wand Madness, September 8, 2008

Fairy Haven and
the Quest for the Wand
By Gail Carson Levine

Soop is a mermaid in Neverland. She is threatening to flood Neverland, unless the fairies get her a wand. Tinkerbelle, and the other fairies are sent on a quest to get a wand from the Great Wandies. The wandies are willing to give up the wand to help save Fairy Haven.
Shannon McGee
I am sort of upset that I didn't like this adventure. It's just if you have read my review of Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg you would know why I like the Disney Fairies. They just seem comfortable with themselves. In this book it was all about the fairies having magic wand madness that made them want to wish for what they wanted. Of course things go bad when they get what they want. It is a story that gets told a lot. Yes, Yes, be careful what you wish for. I know this story very well. I ...more
Madeleine - Tei
Oh no! Rani made another estupido mistake and now they have to give a want to a mermaid! Wait a short moment...give a want to a mermaid!? That can't be right! To do that would cause the end of Neverland... or even the world!

But they must! The mermaids are threatening them with a flood. A flood would mean the end of Fairy Haven!

So Queen Ree (Clarion) send the fairies on a quest to go to the mainland and ask the big fairies for a wand.

But it's much more difficult than that. They must overcome the
Nickie
The second book about Fairy Haven. When I finished the first one, I thought how weird it was that they left a few loose ends. Then when I got to GR I found out why, so they could take that and turn it into another quest. The fairies need a wand to give to a mermaid who traded them her comb in the first book. I really liked the theme of the story about how nothing good comes from wishing for things you want. Everyone who made a selfish or forced their will upon another ended up with consequences ...more
Miranda
This really was not that enjoyable for me or for my daughter. I was super annoyed by the weird conversations when they would finish the other person's sentences. It didn't read well for me at all. I'm fairly familiar with the different fairies, so that helped a little, but the writing was a flop for me.
Rachel
Such a cute book. I love how these stories move right along. I wish they could be longer, but they make for a wonderful rainy day read. Such a shame there are only 3.

(view spoiler)
Karen
Annabelle:
I like Prilla the Fairy Talent because it was really fun that she could blink away. And that she made a wish to make Sara Quirtle complete. I liked it that in the end, the wand did only good things. That was my favorite part. And I think it was fun how that Rani the fairy could turn into a bat and how she got out of the bat-brain-thingy. And that's all I like.

Me:
I read this to Annabelle. It started out really good, I was intrigued and excited. But it got stranger and stranger as it we
Pamela
Para comenzar debo decir que leí este libro con siete u ocho años, al inicio me deje llevar por la portada y los colores llamativos y hermosos que esta tiene. Sin embargo, debo decir que fue tedioso en ese momento el hecho de leerlo, y hace poco que lo releí entendí por qué.
Esta historia es independiente de otras, me parece que existen otros volúmenes, no obstante recomiendo que hayan visto quizá una película de las hadas de Disney, ya que eso facilita la lectura.
Lo que más me gustó de este libr
Kim
When Rena fails to return a wand to the mermaid Soop for the hair comb she gave to her, Soop threatens to flood Fairy Haven. Soop comes through on her threat when Rena says she doesn't have the wand. While Fairy Haven, Mother Dove and the many fairies at Fairy Haven are slowly sinking under water; Rena, Tink and Ree set out on an adventure to find a wand to give to Soop the mermaid. The lives of many are in their hands and they succumb to the magic of the wand, "wand madness". Terrible things go ...more
Kristen
Jun 24, 2014 Kristen is currently reading it
Picked up Book 1 at the 2012 booksale. Picked up book 2 at the 2013 booksale. Interested to see if it's as entertaining. I like the pictures.
Ryan Miller
I'm shocked at how much I liked this book--which is a favorite of my 6-year-old daughter's. As the middle book in a trilogy, it does more than set the scene for the finale--it forces its characters to face real decisions about the intoxication of power (wand madness), the ramifications of choice (especially the choices that affect others), and the responsibilities we have for each other. This is a tremendous morality play disguised as a Disney book. Thank you, Gail Carson Levine, for placing hig ...more
Rachel
Not one of my favorite Disney Fairy stories. Too many mermaids for my taste, Rani turns into a bat, and all the fairies get wand fever causing them to act abnormaly. Very creative, but not one of the more enjoyable stories from this series.
Mindy
My daughter and I LOVED reading this Disney Fairy book! This book was delightful and we LOVED the magical drawings inside as well. (There is a sketch about every chapter that is exquisite! Beautiful artwork to compliment the fairytale theme!) At just under 200 pages, it is a perfect book to read with your children. (We read about five chapters at a time.) OR a fun fairytale to read all on your own. This book transports you into Fairy Haven to join the magic of a fairy adventure and whimsical cha ...more
Gina
Very cute and clever!
Pooja
Jul 01, 2011 Pooja added it
Recommends it for: Fairy Tale People
Recommended to Pooja by: Librarian
Read this book of amazing fairy adventures.This book made me go into the book & read about all the magical wonders happening around me.Tinker,Rani and Queen Ree must go to mainland to get a wand for a mermaid, Soop.They must stop the flood by Soop by giving her the wand.Will they be able to find the right wand for Soop?Will they not break the promise of just one wish from the wand? Will they get the wand & be able to save the Fairy Haven?Read to find all this out.An awesome book for litt ...more
Peggy
Jul 25, 2014 Peggy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: someone who can't get enough of Disney fairies.
This was such a hard read! It is a terrible book for a read aloud. There were viewpoint changes sometimes every paragraph, along with many other little things that made it hard for my kids to follow along. My boys and I would never have read this book to the end if it hadn't been for my daughter's insistence (she really liked the pictures). I would definitely not recommend it to anyone to read to your kids, and there are very, very few that I would recommend read it at all.
April
Mar 15, 2008 April rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young girls
Shelves: brc, abandoned
I didn't finish this which I suppose means I should say I didn't like it but it just wasn't my cup of tea so it really is just "ok". This story clearly has an audience and I am not an 8 yr old girl with a fairy/Disney obsession so...I just don't fit the bill here. Meanwhile, the illustrations are amazing. They beautifully portray the magic of fairies and their world. I would get a tattoo based on the artwork, it is so gorgeous.
Hyla
This book has a great story about making right and wrong decisions and the consequences your decisions can have. I read this and then reread it right after to my children, one chapter at a time at bedtime. My kids loved the story and I think my eldest was thinking through what was happening. There are a few pictures throughout the book that are wonderful art. I really enjoyed this book and so did my children!
Jacy
Another great story by a wonderful storyteller. This takes place soon after Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg and is all about the trouble wishing can get you into. The loveable fairies find themselves in quite a predicament and it's up the Tink, Rani, and Queen Ree to make things right. But when wands are involved nothing goes as planned.
Mandy
I love Gail Carson Levine's other works but not this book. It didn't keep my attention. It took me a long time to finish it. The book is about a bunch of fairies living in Never Land who make a mess of things when they get their hands on a wand. I was so disappointed. I do recommend reading any of her princess fairy tales.
Mike Ehlers
Follow up to Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. Levine again tells a good story, with fine spins on mermaids and fairies. Better than average juvenile fantasy, even with the familiar caution about getting what you wish for. My daughter says she liked it better than Egg.
Megan
I thought we'd really enjoy this, and was sorely disappointed. I don't know if it was just the wrong age for Eowyn, or if it was that we hadn't read the first. Or if we just really preferred the vision of neverland created by Barry and Pearson, but we weren't real fans of this.
Melissa
I listened to this one. I'm not sure if it was the reading or just the book. Maybe it would make a little more sense on paper, but the characters keep interrupting each other and so it was hard to keep track of. But, I enjoyed the storyline and the kids really enjoyed the characters.
Angela
I truly LOVE this series. It's young enough for my five-year old to understand but still entertaining for me. The art work is beautiful in this second book as it is in the first. I love the personalities of the fairies and I'm a fan of Terrance and Tinkerbell making a love connection (0=
Who's your favorite character? 4 4 Jul 09, 2013 11:47PM
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
  • The Star Cloak (Fairy Realm, #7)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • Cave of the Dark Wind (Never Land Books, #2)
Just letting you all know: I'm only going to review books I love. There's enough negative criticism without me piling on. A book is too hard to write.

Gail Carson Levine grew up in New York City and began writing seriously in 1987. Her first book for children, Ella Enchanted, was a 1998 Newbery Honor Book. Levine's other books include Fairest; Dave at Night, an ALA Notable Book and Best Book for Yo
More about Gail Carson Levine...
Ella Enchanted The Two Princesses of Bamarre Fairest Ever The Fairy's Mistake