Start by marking “Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)

Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,619 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Newbery Honor-winning author Gale Carson Levine (Ella Enchanted) delivers the thrilling sequel to Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. Rani, Tinker Bell, and all of the Never Fairies find themselves fighting against the greatest danger of all--their own hearts desires--to save their beloved Fairy Haven.
Published July 31st 2007 by Disney Press

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand

Amy Carr
Jan 23, 2009 Amy Carr rated it it was ok
I'm not sure what to say. I bought it at a recent Scholastic warehouse sale because my 4 year old daughter saw the cover with all the fairies and I saw the name of the author whom I usually really enjoy...but this book was somewhat of a disaster. It is published by the "Disney" company and involves Tinkerbell and other fairies from Neverland but the writing is very choppy and formulaic...no individual voice and style to it. The story is confusing and doesn't get very interesting until about 1/2 ...more
Carolina
Jun 24, 2012 Carolina rated it it was amazing
I clearly remember that this was my first book (of more than 100 pages) that i read in my life. It took me around... Hmm... One year? No. Over a year. It took me over a year to finish this book, i was only nine years old, so, one page was like a REALLY big progress for me.

But anyway i remember ( i read it a long that ago that i can't remember clearly) that i really like.

Maybe i should read it again...
Marklessgirl
Jan 26, 2015 Marklessgirl rated it liked it
I liked it but not my favorite. It Reminded me of the Lord of the Rings and Alice in Wonderland. And I read it really fast.
Kaitlin Bevis
Dec 09, 2015 Kaitlin Bevis rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading this one to my daughter. Loved it!
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it liked it
This is technically another book in the Disney fairies series, although this one is hardbound and larger than the standard softbound books.

It's also not as good.

The first thing I didn't like about the book is the artwork. It is definitely inferior to the artwork in the regular Disney Fairies books. It's pale and washed-out, and the fairies look remarkable unlike the fairies in the regular series of books. It's actually bothersome.

The second thing I didn't like about the book is the story. Thing
Spottedbreath Smith
Feb 11, 2011 Spottedbreath Smith rated it really liked it
What happens when a selfish mermaid wants a wand? A flood happens. What happens when a fairy hears a mermaids' song? They fairy turns into a bat.
What happens when some fairies go on a quest for a wand? Read it and you'll find out. XD
Ann Keller
Jan 26, 2015 Ann Keller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This book is utterly charming. Young readers will adore the little fairies and their friend, Mother Dove, as well as Soop and the other mesmerizing mermaids. Ms. Levine teaches the reader a lot about friendship, jealousy, and greed in this wonderful tale of a group of fairies who retrieve a special wand for Soop, a mermaid determined to get exactly what she wants.

The spell of the wand is very powerful. Who wouldn't want to indulge in a little dreaming? If you had the chance to make a wish and ge
Kayla
Dec 06, 2012 Kayla rated it it was ok
''FAIRY HAVEN AND THE QUEST FOR THE WAND'' this book is okay it reminds me of Tinker Bell and her fairy friends... But its a pretty good book!
Joy
Mar 03, 2014 Joy rated it liked it
In the previous book, Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, a promise is made to the mermaid Soop. In exchange for the mermaid comb, she was promised a magic wand. Time has passed and this promise has not been fulfilled. So, Soop decides that she will flood Fairy Haven unless she is given her want.

Queen Clarion, Tinkerbell and Rani set out for the land of the fairies that possess wands in hopes that they will be able to get a wand to prevent the flooding.

A rare sequel that is better than the fi
Bekka
This was kind of a cute book. You really need to know the fairy lore of the Disney Neverland Fairies to really get the book, though. I've seen a couple of the movies, so I got the talents and some of that. I need to read the first one, since I'd never heard any of that about the Dove. This is not a particularly deep book, and doesn't really have any grand message, other than "be responsible." The illustrations are quite well done and I enjoyed them a lot. This is a good book for girls on a purel ...more
Kristen
May 14, 2015 Kristen rated it it was ok
Picked up Book 1 at the 2012 booksale. Picked up book 2 at the 2013 booksale. Interested to see if it's as entertaining. I like the pictures.

You can read this review and others on my blog at http://awriterswife-bcray.blogspot.co...

I finally finished this book! This story actually felt pretty long. I feel like it was drawn out to make it the number of pages the publisher wanted. The beginning of the book wasn't bad. It was interesting enough and moved right along. It was about halfway through whe
Jill
Oct 13, 2008 Jill rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Parents who read to younger children and children up to eight- who can read independently
Recommended to Jill by: I Found It At The Library

Wand Madness, September 8, 2008

Fairy Haven and
the Quest for the Wand
By Gail Carson Levine

Soop is a mermaid in Neverland. She is threatening to flood Neverland, unless the fairies get her a wand. Tinkerbelle, and the other fairies are sent on a quest to get a wand from the Great Wandies. The wandies are willing to give up the wand to help save Fairy Haven.
Shannon McGee
Oct 20, 2008 Shannon McGee rated it did not like it
Shelves: faeries, dragons
I am sort of upset that I didn't like this adventure. It's just if you have read my review of Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg you would know why I like the Disney Fairies. They just seem comfortable with themselves. In this book it was all about the fairies having magic wand madness that made them want to wish for what they wanted. Of course things go bad when they get what they want. It is a story that gets told a lot. Yes, Yes, be careful what you wish for. I know this story very well. I ...more
Madeleine - Tei
Sep 29, 2011 Madeleine - Tei rated it it was amazing
Oh no! Rani made another estupido mistake and now they have to give a want to a mermaid! Wait a short moment...give a want to a mermaid!? That can't be right! To do that would cause the end of Neverland... or even the world!

But they must! The mermaids are threatening them with a flood. A flood would mean the end of Fairy Haven!

So Queen Ree (Clarion) send the fairies on a quest to go to the mainland and ask the big fairies for a wand.

But it's much more difficult than that. They must overcome the
Nickie
May 23, 2014 Nickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book about Fairy Haven. When I finished the first one, I thought how weird it was that they left a few loose ends. Then when I got to GR I found out why, so they could take that and turn it into another quest. The fairies need a wand to give to a mermaid who traded them her comb in the first book. I really liked the theme of the story about how nothing good comes from wishing for things you want. Everyone who made a selfish or forced their will upon another ended up with consequences ...more
Miranda
May 04, 2014 Miranda rated it it was ok
This really was not that enjoyable for me or for my daughter. I was super annoyed by the weird conversations when they would finish the other person's sentences. It didn't read well for me at all. I'm fairly familiar with the different fairies, so that helped a little, but the writing was a flop for me.
Rachel
Nov 05, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book. I love how these stories move right along. I wish they could be longer, but they make for a wonderful rainy day read. Such a shame there are only 3.

(view spoiler)
Alberto
Fairies need to be careful around mermaid songs! Imagine being a bat! How tragic! What a brave water fairy; she deserves our reverence. Anyone who chops off their wings then goes for a spell with a bat after hearing Mermaid Carol is someone to be respected.
Karen
Dec 07, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
Annabelle:
I like Prilla the Fairy Talent because it was really fun that she could blink away. And that she made a wish to make Sara Quirtle complete. I liked it that in the end, the wand did only good things. That was my favorite part. And I think it was fun how that Rani the fairy could turn into a bat and how she got out of the bat-brain-thingy. And that's all I like.

Me:
I read this to Annabelle. It started out really good, I was intrigued and excited. But it got stranger and stranger as it we
Pamela
Jul 14, 2014 Pamela rated it liked it
Para comenzar debo decir que leí este libro con siete u ocho años, al inicio me deje llevar por la portada y los colores llamativos y hermosos que esta tiene. Sin embargo, debo decir que fue tedioso en ese momento el hecho de leerlo, y hace poco que lo releí entendí por qué.
Esta historia es independiente de otras, me parece que existen otros volúmenes, no obstante recomiendo que hayan visto quizá una película de las hadas de Disney, ya que eso facilita la lectura.
Lo que más me gustó de este libr
Vicki Jaeger
May 29, 2015 Vicki Jaeger rated it liked it
I thought I would like it more than I did. It was a bit obtuse for this age of reader.
That being said, the illustrations were lovely, and the paper stock used really enhanced the high end feeling of the book.
Kim
Oct 07, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
When Rena fails to return a wand to the mermaid Soop for the hair comb she gave to her, Soop threatens to flood Fairy Haven. Soop comes through on her threat when Rena says she doesn't have the wand. While Fairy Haven, Mother Dove and the many fairies at Fairy Haven are slowly sinking under water; Rena, Tink and Ree set out on an adventure to find a wand to give to Soop the mermaid. The lives of many are in their hands and they succumb to the magic of the wand, "wand madness". Terrible things go ...more
Lalani
Nov 11, 2015 Lalani rated it liked it
Good lesson about wishes and the havoc they can cause. 5yr old listener was disappointed when it ended. She loved the story.
Ryan Miller
Apr 21, 2013 Ryan Miller rated it really liked it
I'm shocked at how much I liked this book--which is a favorite of my 6-year-old daughter's. As the middle book in a trilogy, it does more than set the scene for the finale--it forces its characters to face real decisions about the intoxication of power (wand madness), the ramifications of choice (especially the choices that affect others), and the responsibilities we have for each other. This is a tremendous morality play disguised as a Disney book. Thank you, Gail Carson Levine, for placing hig ...more
Silveny The Alicorn
Mar 30, 2016 Silveny The Alicorn rated it it was amazing
This series would be a great read-aloud for younger kids. Also beautiful illustrations!
Matthew Knights biggest USA fan
The actual acquiring of the wand was boring, but everything was quite interesting.
Lyra
Mar 05, 2015 Lyra rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, cool-covers
Really good book, love the original Fairy Hollow characters.
Tammy Cable
Apr 23, 2015 Tammy Cable rated it it was amazing
Excellent! What a great way to teach young kids about life!
Emma
Feb 22, 2016 Emma rated it it was amazing
The fairies are mean! The mermaids are funny. . .
Rachel
Not one of my favorite Disney Fairy stories. Too many mermaids for my taste, Rani turns into a bat, and all the fairies get wand fever causing them to act abnormaly. Very creative, but not one of the more enjoyable stories from this series.
Who's your favorite character? 4 5 Jul 09, 2013 03:47PM
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • The Star Cloak (Fairy Realm, #7)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
Just letting you all know: I'm only going to review books I love. There's enough negative criticism without me piling on. A book is too hard to write.

Gail Carson Levine grew up in New York City and began writing seriously in 1987. Her first book for children, Ella Enchanted, was a 1998 Newbery Honor Book. Levine's other books include Fairest; Dave at Night, an ALA Notable Book and Best Book for Yo
More about Gail Carson Levine...

Disney Fairies (3 books)
  • Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg (Disney Fairies #1)
  • Fairies and the Quest for Never Land (Disney Fairies #3)