Start by marking “Police: Hurrying! Helping! Saving!” as Want to Read:
Police: Hurrying! Helping! Saving!

Police: Hurrying! Helping! Saving! (Community Heroes)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Police rush off to start their day. Who know what jobs will come their way! Police keep us safe and protect us. They direct traffic, give directions, and provide first aid. The police are our friends! A lively text combined with Viviana Garofoli’s child-friendly digital illustration show what it is really like to protect and to serve.
Published September 1st 2008 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about Police, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Police

Laura-Lynne Smith
Aug 30, 2015 Laura-Lynne Smith rated it really liked it
As someone working in the police field I jumped to buy this book for my son and I wasn't disappointed. The author covers many of the functions of police officers & shows both genders positively policing. I did think the end was a little abrupt but I really liked it.
Katie
Jul 26, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
Read in Home Town Heroes Story Time - 7/11/15

Simple, clear pictures with some fun action sounds. Great introduction to the different facets of police work. No story line. Easy rhymes. Very smooth read. :)
Marie
Oct 21, 2008 Marie rated it really liked it
Excellent for young children learning about community helpers. The book gives an overview of many of the roles police officers serve, all in a unstrained rhyme. Bright, clean illustrations are full of action.
Kim
Rhyming text and illustrations rich with environmental print introduce preschoolers to police officers and the work they do. Pictures include male, female, African American, mounted and K9 officers.
Michelle
Jun 12, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it
A little sillier than the firefighting book by the same author but still well done. I especially love the "cops" chasing the burglar who robbed the candy store and is leaving a trail of suckers.
Katie Lawrence
Sep 13, 2013 Katie Lawrence rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
An excellent look at the wide variety of jobs policemen can do. The kids loved hearing about police in boats, riding on horses etc. Part of a Community Helpers unit
Ellee
I think I liked the rhythm of the Firefighter book better, but my 3-year-old son loves them both, which is the real test for these!
Vicki
What does a police officer do? Some ride horses, some handle police dogs, motorcycles - who knew?
Paula
Jan 25, 2012 Paula rated it liked it

Illustrations and rhyming text celebrate police officers and what they do.
Michelle Young
Nov 25, 2008 Michelle Young rated it liked it
a little cheesy
Lisa Kirkley
Lisa Kirkley rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Al Burke
Al Burke rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Christine Gallup
Christine Gallup is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2016
Harirani Nair
Harirani Nair marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Gerry A. Slade
Gerry A. Slade is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2016
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Lauren E
Lauren E rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Shakeel Ahsan
Shakeel Ahsan rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Upma Ghai
Upma Ghai marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Ryan Cannon
Ryan Cannon marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Amber Lund
Amber Lund marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Patricia Hubbell has been writing poetry since she was eleven years old.
In 1998, her Wrapping Paper Romp was selected as a Parents Magazine Book of the Year.
Patricia Hubbell lives with her husband, Harold Hornstein, in Easton, Connecticut, the small town where she was born.
Remembering how much their children and grandchildren loved to bounce when they were very young prompted her to write Bounc
More about Patricia Hubbell...

Community Heroes (4 books)
  • Firefighters!: Speeding! Spraying! Saving!
  • Teacher!: Sharing, Helping, Caring