Start by marking “Culinaria Hungary” as Want to Read:
Culinaria Hungary

Culinaria Hungary

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Food and culture are inexorably tied together. Culinaria reports on every aspect of a country's cuisine within the context of the people who created it. Profusely illustrated with spectacular photography and abundantly peppered with authentic recipes, these volumes are a treat for both the mind and the palate.
Published October 15th 2008 by H.F. Ullmann (first published January 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Culinaria Hungary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Culinaria Hungary

Cheri
This is my favorite set of cookbooks. These are like travel guides. Each region is carefully explained, and the food that region is known for is detailed. The pictures are exquisite. The books are so heavy that I have to get them down off the shelf for my mom and put her at the dining room table (as she's too little to hold these in her lap)! In Hungary, it's all about the spice, which Cameron loves and me...well not so much. So, I use this book for recipe ideas and then go and get more moderate ...more
Redsteve
This is the first one of the Culinaria books that I've read and I really like the format. It's got a ton of tradtional and current Hungarian recipes, but it's also got sections of cultural and historical sections on all things involving food and drink in this country - including paprika production, tokay wines, hog butchering, etc. It even has bits on famous resturants, coffee houses, and bakeries. Holidays and holiday food are also covered. I am very impressed.
Esti
The table of contents is somewhat nonsensical and the index is useless, but everything my mother and I have made from this book comes out tasting just like my grandmother used to make.
Karmologyclinic
The best chicken paprika recipes! I got this book because it was on sale in a bookstore and it made me appreciate hungarian cuisine. You should also try langos and handmade dumplings.
Thomas
One of the best boooks I've ever seen on Hungarian Cuisine. Great, mouth watering photographs, easy directions.
Kathy
Beautiful book combining history, culture, flavour and recipes. Love it.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
elin
elin marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Soung Ah
Soung Ah marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Summer Carrell
Summer Carrell marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Jen Monk
Jen Monk marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Rob
Rob added it
Dec 27, 2013
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Culinaria Hungary Culinaria Hungary Hongaarse specialiteiten Culinaria Hungary: A Celebration of Food and Tradition