Start by marking “A Dark Imbalance (Evergence, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Dark Imbalance (Evergence, #3)

A Dark Imbalance (Evergence #3)

In a universe where Earth no longer exists, the remnants of humanity survive in space stations and starships. Now, an army of genetically enhanced warriors is sent to destroy mankind -- once and for all.Only one woman can stop them: renegade intelligence agent Morgan Roche.
Published March 1st 2001 by Ace (first published February 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Dark Imbalance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dark Imbalance

L Kyi
Jun 13, 2012 L Kyi rated it it was amazing
"The Dark Imbalance" is a very satisfying conclusion to the" Evergence" Series. The type of satisfaction one feels after a meal that "hits the spot" or sensation of grandeur and well- being after a gym workout. This final book in the series answers many of the important questions, and leaves just enough pinch of mystery and wonder for the audience to ponder and savour.

Morgan Roche's hunt for the Genetically Modified warrior lead her back to the ruins of the Sol System, where a vast array of sta
Jun 28, 2012 Sierra rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Ex Commonwealth of Empires officer Morgan Roche returns in this last installment of the Evergence trilogy. Morgan is still on the run with only her hodgepodge crew to count on, one of which is a clone warrior. To the rest of the universe, Morgan’s name is so often heard within the same breath as that of the murderous clone warriors, that everyone assumes she must know more than she is telling. It seems everyone is out to get her whether to destroy her or question her knowledge on the clones.

Oct 14, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I enjoyed all three books in this series. I liked the characters, the underlying mystery and the action. I particularly liked the whole revenge part of the story line in this third book. We also get to find out more about Morgan Roche which answers quite a few questions. In fact, by the end, numerous questions are answered but the reader is left with quite a few things to ponder. I just don't know if I liked the ending. Don't get me wrong, it was well written and successfully concluded the serie ...more
Sep 17, 2014 Kerry rated it really liked it
#3 in the Evergence Trilogy (Aprodigal Sun #1 and The DYing Light #2). I'm still mulling the ending but my first reaction was some what of a let down. Considering the trajectory of the first two in the series and the way they were plotted I almost feel like the authors went off in another direction in the conclusion. Not what I expected and maybe that was the point.
Sep 01, 2012 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Really loved this trilogy. Enjoyed the science and the conjecture. There are a few logic bumps you have to get over, but all in all it is a pleasant jaunt. I'll read them again! And read more from the authors.
Luciano Chavez
Jan 26, 2013 Luciano Chavez rated it did not like it
The first novel was fine. The second one in the trilogy was OK. This last book was a struggle to get through. It was quite uninteresting. I skipped a few chapters in order to read the last two to finish it and I can say with confidence that I am glad I did. I didn't miss anything.
Charles Weller
Mar 08, 2013 Charles Weller rated it really liked it
Shelves: electronic
Pretty good. Some nice action sequences, and a great overall arc. A little disjointed in places but well worth a read!
Marcus rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Brian M
Brian M rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
David rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2011
Leo Laursen
Leo Laursen rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Ronald rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Andrew Duncan
Andrew Duncan rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2008
Michael rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2011
Grant rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Ian Carmen
Ian Carmen rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Greg rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Hebsut rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Ants rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2011
Angus Hume
Angus Hume rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Steve rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2009
Niels rated it did not like it
Nov 29, 2015
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
jpdbest rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2010
Patrick rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Antonio rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2013
William Howe
William Howe rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Alex Baxter
Alex Baxter rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Darren Open
Darren Open rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2015
John rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Hammer of Daemons (Grey Knights, #3)
  • Relentless
  • Warrior Brood
  • Treacheries of the Space Marines
  • Innocence Proves Nothing
  • Starstrike
  • The Chapters Due
  • Task Force Ombra: Grunt Life
  • Victories of the Space Marines
  • Renegade (The Spiral Wars, #1)
  • Warrior: Coupé (The Warrior Trilogy, #3)
  • Dark Apostle
  • Sabbat Worlds
  • Mistress of the Pearl (The Pearl Saga, #3)
  • The Sea Without a Shore (Lt. Leary, #10)
  • Path of the Warrior (Path of the Eldar, #1)
  • Death's Head: Day of the Damned (Death's Head #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling Sean Williams lives with his family in Adelaide, South Australia. He’s written some books--forty-two at last count--including the Philip K. Dick-nominated Saturn Returns, several Star Wars novels and the Troubletwister series with Garth Nix. Twinmaker is a YA SF series that takes his love affair with the matter transmitter to a whole new level. You can find some relat ...more
More about Sean Williams...

Evergence (3 books)
  • The Prodigal Sun (Evergence, #1)
  • The Dying Light (Evergence, #2)