Start by marking “Servant Leader” as Want to Read:
Servant Leader

Servant Leader

Best-selling author of The One-Minute Manager, Ken Blanchard, along with Phil Hodges, reveals the meaning of servant leadership modeled after Jesus Christ. Based on Blanchard's and Hodges' Faith Walk seminars, business leaders come to realize that teams are more powerful than the sum of the individuals and to recognize their people as appreciating assets.

Servant Leader sum
Published March 11th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Servant Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Servant Leader

Anton Dubrovskiy
May 16, 2011 Anton Dubrovskiy rated it it was amazing
The best book on leadership I've ever read. And translated :)
Shelli Smith Bass
Leaders today need to Revisit this book

As four generations are in the workforce today, I picked my book up again for another read. Today's leaders are more like parents or Role Models if you are a servant leader, so I enjoyed my refresher. So much is changing, and I am preparing the next generation of leaders so it's important to do it right. I love this book. I'm a Christian. It may not be a book for you if you do not believe in Jesus. The business principles are still spot on nevertheless.
Philip
Mar 04, 2013 Philip rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Alright, I read this for a class. You can probably tell what I thought of it from the stars and the review itself. Actually, I didn't review it. I took the posts I made for class, and copied them over here.
I didn't copy in all of the responses, because A: I didn't get anyone’s permission; B: That would take too much time; C: I can’t imagine anybody reading this review anyway.

If you had to read it for a class, leave a comment and tell me what you thought. (If you have time.)

READING 1
I always try
Reid
This really changed the way I think of Servant Leadership; Jesus was a slave to the vision/revelation God had given Him about what He wanted to do with His life. I also want to be a slave to the LORD and the vision He has for my life.

I don't want to waste the rest of my life, rather I want the LORD to redeem the rest of my life with what I have left.

Blanchard and Hodges break down Servant Leadership by describing how one lives, with these attitudes about 4 areas of life:

HEART (EGO - Edging God O
grant
May 09, 2015 grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Servant Leader is a great guide for implementing faith and growing as servant leadership.

Thank you to Ken Blanchard and the team that prepared this book. God bless you all for being servant leaders and for sharing what you have learned from our greatest and most loved Servant Leader, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful, inspired, and motivated to apply and practice the invaluable lessons, ACTS, shared in this book.
Elizabeth
Apr 21, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
This book definitely made me think of how I should lead. I never thought of looking at Jesus to emulate how I should lead but this book changed my outlook. Lost one star simply due to how the organization of the book was confusing at times.
Brett
Oct 25, 2009 Brett rated it it was ok
Shelves: leadership
Discussing the heart, head, hands, and habits of servant leaders, this small, gift-book is heavy on design and graphics, but offers little content and far less depth. Here, Blanchard and Hodges provide a brief introduction to the themes of servant leadership. C+
Chad Stutzman
Jan 01, 2010 Chad Stutzman rated it really liked it
A friend gave me this book. Short book filled with great insight. Here is a question to ponder: How would Jesus do your job differently than you do? I plan on getting extra copies to give to people. Great resource, very focused and filled with Scripture.
William
Aug 19, 2012 William rated it it was amazing
I received this book for father's day in 2010 from our church. What an incredible read for men who seek to serve God, lead and serve by example. I've read it 2 times so far and still pick up new insights.
Jjay
Oct 19, 2008 Jjay added it
This book is wonderful and is a "keeper" and I will keep as part of my personal library. This book covers the qualities in a Leader and references Jesus as the "Ultimate Leader" for us to model.
Remy Black
Jul 08, 2012 Remy Black rated it it was amazing
This is the most effective start to leadership in any arena. It is little known essentials in this book which enable us to become successful by serving. An easy read and very portable!
Erika
Jun 18, 2012 Erika rated it really liked it
Excellent introduction and summary of Christian Servant Leadership. This is a must read for any Christian trying to make it in the career-drive world.
Jann
Oct 09, 2010 Jann rated it really liked it
A very good leadership book, taken from scripture and the model of Jesus' leadership. No leadership example could improve upon His!
Mar 27, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian-growth
This is a glorified picture book... I wasn't too thrilled and I've read way better leadership books.
Christina
Dec 25, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing
Recommended reading for anyone in a leadership role. Will show how to remain humble and hungry.
Garrett
Aug 19, 2013 Garrett rated it really liked it
Great leadership book. Seen through a very religious perspective though.
Sylvia
Mar 27, 2011 Sylvia rated it liked it
A bit too religious for me, but I did enjoy the leadership aspects.
Jp
Jul 20, 2013 Jp rated it really liked it
This is a must read for all leaders!
Rob Hartman
Mar 14, 2008 Rob Hartman rated it it was amazing
Nicely done.
Mary Kate
Mary Kate rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
John
John added it
Sep 13, 2016
Malyri
Malyri is currently reading it
Sep 09, 2016
Lyndsay
Lyndsay marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Brendon Cromwell
Brendon Cromwell marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Kim Shurance
Kim Shurance rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Sr Guste Guste, RSCJ
Sr Guste Guste, RSCJ rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Leo
Leo marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
  • The 7 Minute Solution: Creating a Life with Meaning 7 Minutes at a Time
  • Caring Enough to Confront
  • What I Wish I'd Known Before My Mission
  • The Complete Cheapskate: How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out, and Break Free from Money Worries Forever
  • The Hour That Changes the World: A Practical Plan for Personal Prayer
  • Leadership Gold: Lessons I've Learned from a Lifetime of Leading
  • Longing for God: Seven Paths of Christian Devotion
  • Plastic Donuts: Giving That Delights the Heart of the Father
  • The Light We Share
  • Renovation of the Church: What Happens When a Seeker Church Discovers Spiritual Formation
  • Jesus on Leadership: Timeless Wisdom on Servant Leadership
  • The Divine Mentor: Growing Your Faith as You Sit at the Feet of the Savior
  • On Being a Servant of God
  • Fields Of Gold
  • Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God's Agenda
  • The Power of God's Names
  • Living a Covenant Marriage
  • The Highest Goal: The Secret That Sustains You in Every Moment
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...