Start by marking “Chasing the Secret (Sisters of the Sword, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing the Secret (Sisters of the Sword, #2)

Chasing the Secret (Sisters of the Sword #2)

A samurai will overcome all obstacles to face her enemy with honor. And she will show no mercy.

Kimi and her sister, Hana, disguised themselves as boys to study at Master Goku's dojo--and to prepare themselves to take revenge on the uncle who murdered their father and older brothers. They have become masters of the sword, and their combat skills are deadly. But after Master
Published February 1st 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing the Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing the Secret

Oct 04, 2016 Fatima rated it liked it
This was an action-filled book and I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was the ending. I was left hanging. I am looking forward reading more books from the series.
Mar 25, 2013 Brittany rated it really liked it
A great book for young girls and boys a like, heck a great book for readers of young adult. I love books with strong female leads who kick butt. And this is just that, but it is also a tale of sisterly love and a fight to save one's family and friends. I'm glad I discovered these books! Fans of Tamora Pierce will definitely love this series!
Jun 09, 2011 Becky rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series of Sisters of the Sword. Master Goku has been killed and Kimi and Hana are concerned it may be revealed they are girls. And then the worst happens. Kimi and Hana have been discovered by Uncle and Uncle knows where their mother is. Now they must race for their lives, and for the lives of their mother and brother. If they don't beat him to their mother, all will be lost, and Uncle will kill them all.

We continue the adventures of Kimi and Hana in this book as
Jennifer Wardrip
May 27, 2009 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Candace Cunard for

In SISTERS OF THE SWORD, twin sisters Hana and Kimi were wrenched violently out of the world they knew when their uncle, Hidehira, brutally slaughtered their father and older brothers in order to usurp their father's claim as samurai lord.

Hana and Kimi escaped, as did their mother and their young brother, but the four became separated. For Hana and Kimi, the only hope of survival is to disguise themselves as young boys and seek safety in the martial
Gosh, how I love this series. Chasing the Secret starts up right where Sisters of the Sword left off, and it does not take long for the thrilling action that was so prominent in Sisters of the Sword to show up in here. This book was just as exciting as the first and did not disappoint me at all!

Kimi and Hana do not disappoint in this story. The kick-butt female samurais show up again and show those male samurais a thing or two. I loved how Kimi would get out of bad situation after bad situation,
Angelic Zaizai
Dec 05, 2011 Angelic Zaizai rated it it was amazing

Dapat kehormatan membaca ARC hasil kerja si kembaran

waduuh gila ini buku, asli banyak bener darahnya
anak-anak jepang itu kok berani-berani yak *heran*

kalo di buku pertama Hana lumayan dapet peran, di sini kurang euy
mungkin karena ada Tatsuya, jadi porsi Hana terbagi dengan Tatsuya

Kalo di buku pertama mengisahkan kehidupan Kimi dan Hana di perguruan, di buku 2 ceritanya tentang pengembaraan mereka mencari sang ibu dan adik laki-laki mereka - jadi lebih seru dan full action

karena mereka dikeja
Hmm, fast-paced action and lots of narrow escapes. The sisters Kimi and Hana are still resolute and kick-ass. No pesky romance either. It's actually cool that they don't mind being mudy, wet or bloody. Even their mother has some pretty impressive sword skills. And yes, female samurai did exist. I had to deduct a star for a "green-eyed" Japanese character appearing in the feudal era. Hazel, maybe. The only time I've seen green eyes on Japanese people are on Visual Kei bandmembers and various Loli ...more
Dec 10, 2012 Jle4157 rated it really liked it
After this ending of the first book. The story continues and this time with more action. With the sisters now having more knowledge about fighting. They now hide disguised as boys in the boys only training dojo. A friend and their master knew of this secret but when their master was murdered they must go on another journey to fulfill their master last wish, And at the same time running from their uncle that has seen through their disguise. I encourage anyone to read the first book first and then ...more
Apr 19, 2013 Ceejay rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Sisters of the Sword series. I enjoyed this book more then the first, as I'm getting to know all the characters better, and seeing the personal interaction between them. These books pull no punches; the violence that existed in Feudal Japapan is not glossed over.How much did I enjoy this novel? I returned this book to the library today, and got the next in the series!
s o n n a
Mar 29, 2010 s o n n a rated it liked it
This book So suspenseful and exceedingly shocking ever since Uncle took their scrolls to when Kimi chose Tatsuya to survive (though her intentions were good) to the end, which I am NOT spoiling. If you're in love with that first super-extreme Mulan based story, don't forget to catch this next book!
May 15, 2015 Keridwen rated it really liked it
This appears to have a different title but synopsis is the same. I surmise that it has a different title in America.
UK title? - Blade's Edge: Sisters of the Sword 2 - Maya Snow

Hana and Kimi's adventure continues and I found this book almost impossible to put down. Now I face the problem of tracking book 3 of the trilogy down as Edinburgh library doesn't appear to have a copy.
Mar 27, 2016 Elena added it
The second book of the series is as interesting as the first one, we are introduced to some new characters, the story doesn't leave any gaps between the books is it really well wrapped without taking all the fun away by blocking the imagination.
Personally, I am eagerly awaiting for the 3rd and final book of this story!
Jan 13, 2015 20jmitchell rated it really liked it
Kimi wanted to protect her sister and get revenge on her uncle, but her uncle was much more powerful than her with a full army on his side. So, Kimi tried to fight against her uncle in the war but got wounded. Then, Kimi and her sister hid away in the villages until the final fight. Sisters of the Sword 2 is a book about bravery, love, and courage.
Jul 31, 2015 Sabrina rated it liked it
Shelves: 50-yab-challenge
J'ai trouvé ce 2ème tome un peu plus lent que le 1er, mais certaines scènes étaient très intenses et l'univers est toujours aussi prenant.Je pense que le 3ème tome sera encore plus fort en émotions et je le lirai avec plaisir!
This is a quick and interesting read. I am not sure of the cultural authenticity, but I didn't see any negative stereotypes, and the characters are believable. Now if I can only get my hands on the next one!
Mar 09, 2009 Sara rated it liked it
The second in the series. I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first - less character development and cultural information about feudal Japan. But the action was fun and left me itching to know what will happen in the next book.
Mar 21, 2009 Rachel marked it as to-read
ME MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah Tilatitsky
Nov 18, 2010 Sarah Tilatitsky rated it really liked it
This books is great. Although, it still contines, this book talks about stratagy, hardships and the value of family, no matter how rich or how poor the person is. Believe me, this book is great, as in GOOD OPINION OF DICTIONARIES aond other books. (HA HA) But, read it.
Oct 08, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
i liked this book!!! i finished this book and also finished the 3rd book in the same day. this book... kinda has a happy ending... but omg i wanted to cry in the beginning of the book. it was sooo sad.... thats all im gonna say......
Aug 02, 2014 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This book was very thrilling and action-packed, but I did not like it as much as the first one. However, it still had the same thrill and adventure, and I enjoyed reading it, and finished it in one day.
Mar 15, 2013 Grace rated it really liked it
I thought it was wonderful! This book reminds me of a book i'm reading called the Samurai's Tale. In both books, the main characters are becoming a samurai!
Oct 07, 2012 Fatima rated it it was amazing
I was amazed at how realistic and interesting the author made this book. The whole time I was reading this book my eyes couldn't leave the page I was on.
Mar 08, 2013 Deborah rated it really liked it
A good contination with unexpected twists and turns. charaters were developed very well and i feel as though i am getting to know what they are like and how they feel.
Not much happens in this book, I hope the next one is better. I think I have more questions at the end of the book than when it started. Though, I really liked the first book.
Swimmer Girl
Aug 13, 2012 Swimmer Girl rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best series I have read. I read the first 3 in less than a day. I couldn't put them down. I cant wait 4 the 4th!!!! :0
Sep 29, 2013 Romeo rated it liked it
the author sure didnt cut back on the rippling as id hoped, and yet she pulled it of with elegant charm. xD
a very enjoyable read/listen.
airin rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2016
William rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America
Honestly my favriote book so far! I wish the 4th book would come out.
Claire rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
  • Disciple of the Wind (Fated Blades, #3)
  • Bindi Babes (Bindi Babes, #1)
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Natural Beauty
  • Men of Tokyo: Forbidden Cravings (White Tigers #7)
  • First Hero (The Chronicles of Avantia, #1)
  • Falling in Love with Crazy
  • Fearless
  • My Girlfriend's a Geek (novel): Volume 1
  • The Dragon's Child
  • Objects Of His Obsession
  • Over the Mountain of the Moon: A Tale of a Samurai Consort
  • Into the Vampire City (The Human Revolt)
  • The Prince of Neither Here Nor There
  • Eternally I Do
  • Hush Puppy
  • Sage Carrington, Eighth-Grade Science Sleuth
  • Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja (Moonshadow, #1)
Maya Snow once had an aikido teacher who told her that the best place for a tree to hide is in the forest. Maya decided that the best place for a writer to hide is among her own words. Maya Snow is the pseudonym of author, Helen Hart.
More about Maya Snow...

Sisters of the Sword (4 books)
  • Sisters of the Sword (Sisters of the Sword, #1)
  • Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword, #3)
  • The Battle Dawns (Sisters of the Sword, #4)