Start by marking “Guinness World Records 2009 ” as Want to Read:
Guinness World Records 2009

Guinness World Records 2009 (Guinness World Records)

The 2009 edition of Guinness World Records features a revolutionary new design and is filled with more records than ever before. It includes two gatefold spreads and more than 20 pages of special records, all with 3-D photos which can be viewed with the enclosed 3-D glasses.
Published September 16th 2008 by Guinness Media

To ask other readers questions about Guinness World Records 2009, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guinness World Records 2009

Dakota Lenz
Oct 23, 2014 Dakota Lenz rated it did not like it
I don't really care for this book because it is meant for a younger age group and seems to be very immature. I think this book should be for a younger audience.

One entry of the book says that a guy from Germany built the heaviest motorcycle in the world and it ways over 5 tons and he won 6 different records for his motor cycle. One other entry from this book is that they made the worlds biggest coca cola and mentoes rocket. They used over 300 2 liter bottles of soda and over 12 thousand mentoes.
Steven Peterson
Dec 27, 2008 Steven Peterson rated it really liked it
Many people are familiar with this annual work. It's a lot of fun! Taking a look at the sometimes exotic records of the day is most enjoyable. This version, for better or worse, also features (ugh) a set of glasses that allows one three-D views of certain pages.

Lots of odd records dot the pages of the 2009 volume, such as America's tallest person (7' 8"--sounds low to me!); the world's longest crawfish boil (got me what that means by the well known cooking artist Paula Deen); loweat mammalian bo
Noah
Feb 25, 2010 Noah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-choice
This book is a great book to read if you want to be informed about who is famous for what they did then this is the book for you and its also funny.

This book was really funny and interesting on why some people are famous this is one of my favorite books.

I would reccomend this book to people who like funny books and knowing how people became famous.

Luke
May 22, 2012 Luke rated it it was amazing
This is a good book to read once a week it is about world records that are diferent to normal records like sports.
They have records for smashing pianos in a short amount of time, They also have the strongest girl.
I like this book because you dont get sucked into the book like other books
Gray .K
Oct 22, 2014 Gray .K rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Before this book I had no idea that pumpkins could weigh over 1,000 pounds. This book is awesome. Anyone would enjoy how interesting some of the records that people pull of. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
Yizongk
Apr 15, 2012 Yizongk rated it really liked it
this book is FILLED with amazing facts that amazed me and i learn a lot from it. i would recommend this book to anyone who is a nerd.
Owen20
Oct 26, 2010 Owen20 rated it it was amazing
It was awesome because I like looking at records so if you like looking at records you would like this book.
Jake
Oct 04, 2011 Jake rated it really liked it
Its a really informational book about facts such as tallest and shortest records. I feel its a great book. Its great for sports , records space information and countries.
tAsTeThErAiNbOw ($#::AdD&^&mE::#$)
the 2009 world records is good i mostly liked pg.2 the record is on Fall Out Boy i really love that band also Pete Wentz! (;
Hazim
Dec 03, 2009 Hazim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jose-v
jose-v- This book is very cool I like the way some people do crazy things. I how some pictuer ar in 3d mention
Rohan G.
This is the '09 version and all of them are weird, funny, interesting, and cool. My version was in 3D so was cooler...
Frida
Jan 25, 2009 Frida rated it it was ok
Shelves: done-reading
this book is not that good i think ripleys believe it or not is better than guinness world records
Emilio Alvarado
Emilio Alvarado rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2011
Alisson
Alisson rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Owen Li
Owen Li rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2009
Carley Fadden
Carley Fadden rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2011
Ruby
Ruby rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2013
AMIT
AMIT rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2017
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Sage Rabito
Sage Rabito rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2012
Mitchell
Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Andrewmi
Andrewmi rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2009
Yashveerjhugooroo
Yashveerjhugooroo rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
William
William rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2010
Juan
Juan rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2009
Thafiri
Thafiri rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2015
Alex Moch
Alex Moch rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Darren Meeker
Darren Meeker rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2012
Alp
Alp rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2010
Eileen V
Eileen V rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2012
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! Planet Eccentric!
  • Ugly Bugs
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • Rules of Thumb
  • National Geographic Kids Almanac 2010
  • Deathtrap Dungeon (Fighting Fantasy, #6)
  • Oh, Yikes!: History's Grossest Wackiest Moments
  • A Beautiful Girl
  • Molly's Pilgrim
  • Medusa Jones
  • My Mother Said I Never Should
  • The Savage Stone Age  (Horrible Histories)
Guinness World Records™, known until 2000 as The Guinness Book of Records, is a reference book published annually, containing a collection of world records, both human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted book series of all time. It is also one of the most frequently stolen books from public libraries in the Unite ...more
More about Guinness World Records...

Guinness World Records (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • The Guinness Book of World Records 1964
  • Guinness Book Of Records 1969
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1970
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1971 (10th Edition)
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1972