Start by marking “Completely His: Loving Jesus Without Limits” as Want to Read:
Completely His: Loving Jesus Without Limits

Completely His: Loving Jesus Without Limits

Let your soul be stirred by an extraordinary love.

What would it be like to know without even a glimmer of doubt that you are loved–truly, passionately, deeply–just as you are? Can you imagine your heart being completely entwined with one whose every word to you reveals tender affection?

When an unimaginable accident forced then-sixteen-year-old Shannon Ethridge to consider
Published October 23rd 2012 by Thomas Nelson (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Completely His, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Completely His

Melanie
Aug 11, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this as a follow-up book to Jerry Bridges' Transforming Grace, and chose it because its title seemed to continue one of the themes of his book. It was different than I expected, after a powerful first chapter. So it fell short of expectations (particularly because I read Transforming Grace first). Has action steps sprinkled throughout so you have to hunt for them and make note when you find them - but I think they are good actions steps to take to get you to what the title talks about. As ...more
Zack
Jul 28, 2011 Zack rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shannon suggested that if we read any one of her books before ICT starts next month, this would be it. So I did. :) Once again, I got a lot of funny looks from people since I am a guy reading a book that is geared primarily toward women. But I'll tell you what, Shannon Etheridge has a revelation on the Bride of Christ that not many other people do. I love her life message of teaching people to find the love they so desperately desire in Jesus Christ and not in the wrong places. There were some g ...more
Katie W
This book taught me a lot about love - about how much God loves us and how God's love is truest and best :) and also about letting the love that God has shown to us shine forth in our lives and pour into the lives of others. Everybody needs love:

"Three things will last forever — faith, hope, and love — and the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)
Allison
Jan 11, 2013 Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the absolute best books I've read! Challenged me to seek deeper intimacy with the Lord.
Jordan Brower
Aug 26, 2009 Jordan Brower rated it really liked it
the author, shannon Ethridge starts off my sharing a personal story about when she was a junior in high school. She got in her car to go to school about 10 miles down the road...she usually never puts her seatbelt on but she just felt the urge to that morning. she was getting close to school when she remembered that she had not put her lip stick on yet, so she adjusted the mirror and when she looked back at the road she immediately felt her car shake and then twist around out of her control. Wha ...more
Mel
Jul 28, 2008 Mel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply written yet infused with scripture. For me, this is exactly what I needed to hear. I read this in one setting at Borders.. and the truth kept piercing my heart. I could not put it down until I was done. Shannon touches so many aspects on how God wants us to live our lives, but I think the best part is seeing how God incorporates everything to work for our good. Especially, bringing his glory and healing out of compelete brokenness.
Carla Still
Jul 08, 2010 Carla Still rated it it was amazing
This was a surprisingly awesome book! Almost underlined the whole book! LOL!!! God led me to pick it up and buy it at the $5 discount store in Commerce while running another errand. I did not completely recognize the author's name, though I had heard of her previous series Every Woman's Battle.
Marisa
Sep 02, 2009 Marisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, favorites
This is one of my favorite books in the world. If you are a woman and you want to know how to be closer to God, this is your book. Shannon went through many trials and learned so much about God and she wants to share information about God with us. Please read.
Katie Axelson
This wasn’t my favorite book. It was hard for me to get into because of Ethridge’s focus on herself and her own stories—an easy thing for a writer to do. Even though the book was published in 2007, it felt much older than that.
Beth
Jun 24, 2008 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Women who are looking for guidance on subjects like living your life for God, purity, showing Christ's love for others, finding God's plan for our lives and experiencing an intimate relationship with Him will find this book inspiring.
Alyssa
Jan 24, 2013 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Stirs you up and makes you strive to have more with God. Highly recommend.
Sarah Walker
Oct 20, 2015 Sarah Walker rated it it was amazing
this book has changed my life . it has given me a sweet fresh breath of what it means to be so in love with our Saviour . I am thankful for this book .
Allyson Wood-alt
I really enjoyed this book! Shannon is so down to earth when she writes & her books are so easy to fly through!!
Meghan
Mar 22, 2016 Meghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE
Emily
Sep 02, 2008 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about living our lives completely devoted to the Lord. It's a good easy read.
Mizbooks
Jul 11, 2008 Mizbooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
library copy

Good book. Some powerful stuff.
T. Rad
Jul 26, 2012 T. Rad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice
Nancy
Jul 19, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first chapter was very gripping, but after that it wasn't so great. It had some worth-while things to be gleaned from it, but it wasn't a book I just couldn't put down.
Cheryl
Dec 28, 2009 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looking for a book that will give you insight into who God, what he has planned for you, and how you can hear his voice? This is it.
Leanne
Aug 12, 2012 Leanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth the read. Some chapters didn't go as deep as I was hoping for, but others were really fantastic.
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Alana
Alana rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Alisa
Alisa rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2013
Jennifer Briggs
Jennifer Briggs rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2012
Leanna Mason
Leanna Mason rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2014
Carissa
Carissa rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2012
Anita Kellam
Anita Kellam rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Untamed: How the Wild Side of Jesus Frees Us to Live and Love with Abandon
  • When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles
  • Fierce Beauty: Choosing to Stand for What Matters Most
  • Falling In Love With Jesus Abandoning Yourself To The Greatest Romance Of Your Life
  • Embrace Grace
  • A Beautiful Offering: Returning God's Love with Your Life
  • Experiencing the Spirit: The Power of Pentecost Every Day
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
  • Fresh Brewed Life A Stirring Invitation To Wake Up Your Soul
  • Longing for Paris: One Woman's Search for Joy, Beauty, and Adventure--Right Where She Is
  • Awakening: A New Approach to Faith, Fasting, and Spiritual Freedom
  • The Restless Heart: Finding Our Spiritual Home in Times of Loneliness
  • Deal with It!: You Cannot Conquer What You Will Not Confront
Shannon is a million-copy best-selling author, speaker, lay counselor, and advocate for healthy sexuality with a master’s degree in counseling/human relations from Liberty University. She has spoken to youth, college students, and adults since 1989 and her passions include:

* Challenging adults and teens to embrace a life of sexual integrity
* Encouraging married couples in their pursuit of sexual
More about Shannon Ethridge...