Start by marking “Twisted (Point Horror, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twisted (Point Horror, #2)

Twisted (Point Horror, #2)

Anything for a sister.

Abby would do anything to be in the school's most exclusive sorority. And now she's got the chance.

Because the sorority sisters have asked her to join them.

All Abby has to do is get through the initiation.

That might be a problem.

Because this year, the initiation is going to be....

Murder.

Published July 1st 1987 by Scholastic (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted

Sandra
Abby is eager to join the Tri Gams, the most exclusive sorority at Rockland State. She says most girls would kill to get into this sorority. They pledge ten girls a year and it's an honor to be asked.

After Abby attends a pledge meeting, Andrea, the president of the Tri Gams, says that when they become members they should be members for life. So, to make sure they will be loyal to the Tri Gams for life they ask their pledges to commit a crime.

One day the pledges are driven to a dark, old, desert
Mehsi
Wow, this was just crappy.

The story was boring, nothing really happened, the girls (and Gordon) were highly annoying and then we also have POVs switching in the middle of the story. Which was really annoying. One moment we would have Abby, then suddenly switch to Nina and even one time we switched to Leila. I hate it when this happens. I don't mind if it is clearly said, or when it is done at the beginning of a chapter, but now? No.

I don't like how we had two plots. Abby's x Leila x Gordon and
Dylan
Dec 29, 2016 Dylan rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
(I'm writing this at 1:30 in the morning so I apologize if this isn't coherent)

Meh.

I don't really expect any literary masterpieces from Stein at this point considering I haven't loved any books that I've read from him, so I can't say that I'm surprised that I didn't love this one.

Twisted follows this group of girls who want to join this sorority but to join, they have to partake in a hazing of sorts- the girls have a single task- to rob this little mom and pop jewelry store. Sounds simple righ
Shannon
May 07, 2012 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own, 2012
Sadly, I was kind of disappointed with this book. For the most part, I love all of R.L. Stine's books, but this was one of the ones that fell flat for me. I did like the idea of how the sorority pledges had to commit a crime to get in and I liked it even better when things went terribly wrong. My issue was that I didn't really find this creepy. It was alright in a suspenseful type of way, but it was no where as pee-your-pants scary as I'd hoped it would be. There was a twist at the end and it wo ...more
Savannah Adams
Apr 05, 2011 Savannah Adams rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
I think twisted is an awsome book. R.L. Stine really knows how to make you think. This book keeps you wondering, up until the very end. If you like mistery, and excitement then you should really read this book. I love to read books that keep me guessing and this book did a great job. The thing i like most about this book is it's ending. It really catches you off gaurd, in a good way. I also like the discriptivness. It really paints a picture in your mind. This book also realistic fiction, and th ...more
Thom Swennes
Aug 04, 2013 Thom Swennes rated it liked it
When I started this book I really had no preordained expectations. I soon thought that I was in for a rather mundane “big girl” narrative where clothes and recent romances were the main course of a ho-hum literary meal. Sororities and their members (to my distant recollections) were more effusive than explosive and the footle conversation only increased my assumption. As the story continued this presumption came to an abrupt end. Gamma Gamma Gamma (or more commonly known as the Tri-Gammas) isn’t ...more
Gabby
Nov 03, 2010 Gabby rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: guys and gals who loves thriller and suspense
Shelves: thriller, owned-it
Abby Wallis is obsessed of becoming a tri gam she would do anything to be part of that exclusive sorority but the tri gam council has a different initiation in mind each girl that will pledge must commit a crime, a crime so serious it must be kept a secret...

SPOILERS AHEAD!

wow!!!! this would have to be the best book that i've red from R.L Stine! at first i thought the plot would be kinda sorority row--like you know the dead would take revenge and kill each member one by one but i was wrong the
Lauren
Jul 09, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
I've had this sitting on my bookshelf for about a year now, I've never been able to get to it. But last night, I finally did, and it was pretty good.

The story was good, about the whole prank thing going wrong, and it had that classic R.L. Stine
[image error] moment.

So yeah, when we found out that (view spoiler), it wasn't in a shocking way, especially how Gordon said it so casually. I was just like,

Christine
Sep 11, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it
This book made me cry. These girls love this stupid boy and one went BADSHIT CRAZY over him it sickens me. I read this when I was in 6th or 7th grade and I remember afterwards just crying into my pillow. How can anyone be that cruel? And what kind of person DOES that to a FRIEND?? *sigh* I don't know....I just don't know.
Caleb T
May 06, 2011 Caleb T rated it it was amazing
I really liked the book because it was really mysterious. Personally I love every book that R.L. Stine writes because they all have great suspense and they have alot of mystery. I give this book a five star because it was awsome.
Elizabeth
Nov 07, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: book
Another thriller written by R L Stine. This time a group of sorority girls commit a crime and their lives are never the same again. Not everything is as it seems and past actions may come back and haunt some of the sorority sisters.
Ali Carroll
Oct 14, 2015 Ali Carroll rated it really liked it
This book was interesting from beginning to end. The thing that really got me was that the ending should have been a very predictable one, but I completely did not see it coming what so ever. The suspense of finding out who committed the crimes kept me on my toes and ready to finish the book.
Ms. Mielke's Class Make sure you post how your sheets tell you to!!!!
I think other people should read this book because it will make them think about why and how people are valuable and special. It talks about how people get along and why it is important to get along. AH
Janel
Aug 24, 2008 Janel rated it really liked it
Young adult fiction. Book about a girl who wants to be in Tri Gam Sorority. In order to be accepted, she and the other initiates have to commit a crime. The twist ending was my favorite part.
Book
Jun 24, 2009 Book rated it really liked it
This book FREAKED me out! I remember finishing it in bed and actually having to crawl into my parents bed because the ending freaked me out so bad! Haha.
Emily
May 07, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
R.L. Stine never lets me down. I love to read about his teenage characters that experience the wackiest hi-jinks on the planet. So fun to read!
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Paige
Aug 26, 2015 Paige rated it really liked it
I really LOVED this book the first time I read it (I was around 13). The plot twist really got me. Rereading it didn't have the same effect, but I still really liked this book.
Alicia
Jul 17, 2011 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller-horror
I love R.L. Stines books! This one was a quick read but it was one that had me on edge at points. Going to be starting another one soon!
laura
laura rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
NefariousWhim
NefariousWhim rated it liked it
May 01, 2012
Ann-Michael
Ann-Michael rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Adilson
Apr 27, 2015 Adilson rated it really liked it
it a suspense store and it tricky and i like
Dora
Dora rated it liked it
May 30, 2013
Rachel Unsworth
Rachel Unsworth rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Kallie
Kallie rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Nattie
Nattie rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Kendra Nichols
Kendra Nichols rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Adam Hewitt
Adam Hewitt rated it did not like it
May 18, 2013
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Point Horror, #13)
  • Gimme a Kiss
  • The Phantom
  • The Yearbook
  • Dream Date
  • Prom Dress
  • Freeze Tag (Point Horror, #25)
  • Thirteen More Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)

R. L. Stine b