Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul: 101 Inspirational Stories about Sisters and Their Changing Relationships” as Want to Read:

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  26 reviews
This new Chicken Soup book offers a heartwarming and uplifting collection of stories that celebrate the lifelong bond of sisterhood.

Whether they share this special connection with someone through genetics or the heart, only a sister can understand the complex, deep and dynamic relationship they share with loved ones as they journey together through the stages of life.

For y
Published October 31st 2002 by Health Communications, Inc. (first published October 1st 2002)

This book is comprised short of stories about sisters. The authors write about fun times, sad times, and ordinary times, but what is interesting is the way that the editors put the stories together and how each and everyone of them really touch your heart that i found myself crying at some of the stories. The book definately has a way of touching ones heart and makes the reader (if they have a sister) what to pick up the phone and give their sister a call.
Whitney Noble
I enjoyed reading the book, 'Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul because there were many different short storys in the book about many sisters changing relationships. The book had 101 stories about sisters bonding. I chose this book because one of my friends said it was a good book and recommended me to read it. I would rate this book 4/5. And would recommend it to teenage girls.
The sister-sister relationship can be so complicated and these stories help capture that. Some made me laugh, some made me cry, but all made me want to go hug my sister.
Penelope Naomi
This was such a wonderful book. I definitely shed a few tears when reading it because it reminded me a lot of my sister. So glad they made this book.
Funny, poignant, and melancholy. If you are lucky enough to have a sister, then you need to read this. Very touching.
The stories were sweet, but I guess I'm just not a fan of Chicken Soup.
A real good book for short reads. Some really nice stories too.
Karen Oake
Sep 26, 2007 Karen Oake rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I enjoyed reading all the stories. So heartwarming.
Lindsay Patton
Very touching stories about sisters.
Kimberly velecela
This is a great book this book has a lot of little stories talking about sisters and there stories in life there interesting and they teach you a lesson some of these stories talking about how sisters are annoying or stories of how some sisters died or that they lived by themselves or some talk of how to take care of your sisters this author jack canfield really wanted to see every persons point of view
I think this is a wonderful book that ever woman should read and share with her "sisters", whether they are by blood or by choice. Alot of the stories reminded me of not only mine and my sister's relationship, but those of fellow cousins and neices. I always have a box of kleenex when I read these books because it never fells that one if not all of the stories make me cry! (Mostly from happiness, but also at times from sadness.) As always the Chicken Soup books come through with funny, warm, and ...more
Faye Hollidaye
I couldn't really relate to many of the stories, especially in the beginning, but as I read on, the stories started drawing something from me and adding to my relationship with my sister. Some stories made me feel alienated from a sisterly relationship and think the authors knew absolutely nothing of what sisterhood is really about. Other stories made me wish I had a better relationship with my sister, and still others made me see the importance of the acquaintance between sisters, whether bloo ...more
Susan Treat
I loved it. I can relate to these stores because I have a sister
Amy Decker
Read this book because my sisters are my best friends. The stories made me laugh and made me cry. Many of them brought back memories with my sisters. A good read!
Chapter 5 is called "Oh Brother" (pgs. 204-228) because they are stories of brothers and sisters. The rest of the book is all about sister's.
Melissa Chung
My sister gave this book to me for my birthday in my late teens. I cried while reading pretty much all of the stories lol. I love my sister!!!
it took almost a year to finish because I would pick it up and put it down so much but I finished it and it had some good stories!
Really good book. For sisters with very good relationships. You'll find yourself reading the stories over and over again.
This was a sweet book and some of the stories really made we think about my relationship with my sisters!! Very emonational!!!
Mar 07, 2010 Lenee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pause
So far I like it. Good short stories regarding the relationships of sister. Already had some tears...
So sweet. I come close to tears just remembering some of the stories in this book.
Such a fun book to read. I love reading short stories
Jody Heil
LC Call Number: BF723.S43 C43 2001
Sep 06, 2007 Jill rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sisters everywhere
I am currently reading this one...
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Tina Nicholson
Tina Nicholson marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
  • What Life Was Like In the Age of Chivalry: Medieval Europe, AD 800-1500 (What Life Was Like)
  • The Killing Season: A Summer Inside an LAPD Homicide Division
  • Evil Serial Killers
  • Fasting for Spiritual Breakthrough: A Guide to Nine Biblical Fasts
  • The Lost Mother
  • The Battle of Blair Mountain: The Story of America's Largest Labor Uprising
  • Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style!
  • Chocolate for a Woman's Soul: 77 Stories to Feed Your Spirit and Warm Your Heart
  • A Cup of Comfort: Stories That Warm Your Heart, Lift Your Spirit, and Enrich Your Life
  • Horses of the Sun
  • Uncle John's Triumphant 20th Anniversary Bathroom Reader
  • Let Go
  • Getting Stronger: Weight Training for Men and Women
  • The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress
  • Afoot and Afield: San Diego County: A Comprehensive Hiking Guide
  • Alligators in the Sewer and 222 Other Urban Legends: Absolutely True Stories that Happened to a Friend...of a Friend...of a Friend
  • Beth Shaw's Yogafit
  • The Hitler Book

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...