Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul: 101 Inspirational Stories about Sisters and Their Changing Relationships

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  252 ratings  ·  24 reviews
This new Chicken Soup book offers a heartwarming and uplifting collection of stories that celebrate the lifelong bond of sisterhood.

Whether they share this special connection with someone through genetics or the heart, only a sister can understand the complex, deep and dynamic relationship they share with loved ones as they journey together through the stages of life.

For y...more
Published October 31st 2002 by Health Communications, Inc. (first published October 1st 2002)

Alexandria
This book is comprised short of stories about sisters. The authors write about fun times, sad times, and ordinary times, but what is interesting is the way that the editors put the stories together and how each and everyone of them really touch your heart that i found myself crying at some of the stories. The book definately has a way of touching ones heart and makes the reader (if they have a sister) what to pick up the phone and give their sister a call.
Whitney Noble
I enjoyed reading the book, 'Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul because there were many different short storys in the book about many sisters changing relationships. The book had 101 stories about sisters bonding. I chose this book because one of my friends said it was a good book and recommended me to read it. I would rate this book 4/5. And would recommend it to teenage girls.
Bookworm1858
The sister-sister relationship can be so complicated and these stories help capture that. Some made me laugh, some made me cry, but all made me want to go hug my sister.
Penelope Naomi
This was such a wonderful book. I definitely shed a few tears when reading it because it reminded me a lot of my sister. So glad they made this book.
Tracy
Funny, poignant, and melancholy. If you are lucky enough to have a sister, then you need to read this. Very touching.
Amanda
The stories were sweet, but I guess I'm just not a fan of Chicken Soup.
Rose
A real good book for short reads. Some really nice stories too.
Karen Oake
Sep 26, 2007 Karen Oake rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I enjoyed reading all the stories. So heartwarming.
Lindsay Patton
Very touching stories about sisters.
Christy
I think this is a wonderful book that ever woman should read and share with her "sisters", whether they are by blood or by choice. Alot of the stories reminded me of not only mine and my sister's relationship, but those of fellow cousins and neices. I always have a box of kleenex when I read these books because it never fells that one if not all of the stories make me cry! (Mostly from happiness, but also at times from sadness.) As always the Chicken Soup books come through with funny, warm, and...more
Faye Hollidaye
I couldn't really relate to many of the stories, especially in the beginning, but as I read on, the stories started drawing something from me and adding to my relationship with my sister. Some stories made me feel alienated from a sisterly relationship and think the authors knew absolutely nothing of what sisterhood is really about. Other stories made me wish I had a better relationship with my sister, and still others made me see the importance of the acquaintance between sisters, whether bloo...more
Susan Treat
I loved it. I can relate to these stores because I have a sister
Angel
Chapter 5 is called "Oh Brother" (pgs. 204-228) because they are stories of brothers and sisters. The rest of the book is all about sister's.
Melissa Chung
My sister gave this book to me for my birthday in my late teens. I cried while reading pretty much all of the stories lol. I love my sister!!!
Ree
Really good book. For sisters with very good relationships. You'll find yourself reading the stories over and over again.
Kira
This was a sweet book and some of the stories really made we think about my relationship with my sisters!! Very emonational!!!
Lenee
Mar 07, 2010 Lenee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pause
So far I like it. Good short stories regarding the relationships of sister. Already had some tears...
Haley
So sweet. I come close to tears just remembering some of the stories in this book.
Amanda
Such a fun book to read. I love reading short stories
Jody Heil
LC Call Number: BF723.S43 C43 2001
Jill
Sep 06, 2007 Jill rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sisters everywhere
I am currently reading this one...
Kelli
Dec 24, 2007 Kelli rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sisters
Recommended to Kelli by: Patti Siwula
Got this as a gift from my sis'.
Nikhat
Nikhat marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Shruti Redkar
Shruti Redkar marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life
  • The Way of Herbs
  • The Bible Promise Book - KJV
  • Juice Fasting and Detoxification: Use the Healing Power of Fresh Juice to Feel Young and Look Great
  • The Coconut Oil Miracle
  • How to Pray
  • Depression: A Stubborn Darkness--Light for the Path
  • Living Water: Powerful Teachings from the International Bestselling Author of the Heavenly Man
  • When Life and Beliefs Collide: How Knowing God Makes a Difference
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • The Lost Mother
  • I am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)