Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul: 101 Inspirational Stories about Sisters and Their Changing Relationships” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  303 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
This new Chicken Soup book offers a heartwarming and uplifting collection of stories that celebrate the lifelong bond of sisterhood.

Whether they share this special connection with someone through genetics or the heart, only a sister can understand the complex, deep and dynamic relationship they share with loved ones as they journey together through the stages of life.

For y
Published October 31st 2002 by Health Communications, Inc. (first published October 1st 2002)

Alexandria
Sep 29, 2009 Alexandria rated it really liked it
This book is comprised short of stories about sisters. The authors write about fun times, sad times, and ordinary times, but what is interesting is the way that the editors put the stories together and how each and everyone of them really touch your heart that i found myself crying at some of the stories. The book definately has a way of touching ones heart and makes the reader (if they have a sister) what to pick up the phone and give their sister a call.
Whitney Noble
Nov 02, 2011 Whitney Noble rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the book, 'Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul because there were many different short storys in the book about many sisters changing relationships. The book had 101 stories about sisters bonding. I chose this book because one of my friends said it was a good book and recommended me to read it. I would rate this book 4/5. And would recommend it to teenage girls.
Bookworm1858
Oct 10, 2010 Bookworm1858 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010, own, sisters
The sister-sister relationship can be so complicated and these stories help capture that. Some made me laugh, some made me cry, but all made me want to go hug my sister.
Penelope Naomi
Mar 23, 2008 Penelope Naomi rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful book. I definitely shed a few tears when reading it because it reminded me a lot of my sister. So glad they made this book.
Tracy
Oct 24, 2008 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Funny, poignant, and melancholy. If you are lucky enough to have a sister, then you need to read this. Very touching.
Aug 02, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
The stories were sweet, but I guess I'm just not a fan of Chicken Soup.
Rose
May 05, 2009 Rose rated it liked it
A real good book for short reads. Some really nice stories too.
Karen Oake
Sep 26, 2007 Karen Oake rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
I enjoyed reading all the stories. So heartwarming.
Lindsay Patton
Apr 22, 2008 Lindsay Patton rated it it was amazing
Very touching stories about sisters.
Kimberly velecela
Nov 19, 2015 Kimberly velecela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chicken-soup
This is a great book this book has a lot of little stories talking about sisters and there stories in life there interesting and they teach you a lesson some of these stories talking about how sisters are annoying or stories of how some sisters died or that they lived by themselves or some talk of how to take care of your sisters this author jack canfield really wanted to see every persons point of view
Christy
Jan 23, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing
I think this is a wonderful book that ever woman should read and share with her "sisters", whether they are by blood or by choice. Alot of the stories reminded me of not only mine and my sister's relationship, but those of fellow cousins and neices. I always have a box of kleenex when I read these books because it never fells that one if not all of the stories make me cry! (Mostly from happiness, but also at times from sadness.) As always the Chicken Soup books come through with funny, warm, and ...more
Elaine Cougler
Aug 09, 2016 Elaine Cougler rated it really liked it
Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul by Canfield et al. This collection of anecdotes and true life relationships inspires and titillates. It makes me glad to have my own sisters to to recognize each for her own worth. A great read. Thanks to my sister, Joyce, who gave this to me as a Christmas present.
Faye Hollidaye
Jul 22, 2012 Faye Hollidaye rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I couldn't really relate to many of the stories, especially in the beginning, but as I read on, the stories started drawing something from me and adding to my relationship with my sister. Some stories made me feel alienated from a sisterly relationship and think the authors knew absolutely nothing of what sisterhood is really about. Other stories made me wish I had a better relationship with my sister, and still others made me see the importance of the acquaintance between sisters, whether bloo ...more
Susan Treat
Jan 28, 2014 Susan Treat rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I can relate to these stores because I have a sister
Amy Decker
Apr 24, 2016 Amy Decker rated it it was amazing
Read this book because my sisters are my best friends. The stories made me laugh and made me cry. Many of them brought back memories with my sisters. A good read!
Angel
Sep 04, 2010 Angel rated it liked it
Chapter 5 is called "Oh Brother" (pgs. 204-228) because they are stories of brothers and sisters. The rest of the book is all about sister's.
Melissa Chung
Aug 08, 2013 Melissa Chung rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
My sister gave this book to me for my birthday in my late teens. I cried while reading pretty much all of the stories lol. I love my sister!!!
Oct 11, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
it took almost a year to finish because I would pick it up and put it down so much but I finished it and it had some good stories!
Ree
Feb 07, 2013 Ree rated it it was amazing
Really good book. For sisters with very good relationships. You'll find yourself reading the stories over and over again.
Kira
Sep 15, 2012 Kira rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet book and some of the stories really made we think about my relationship with my sisters!! Very emonational!!!
Lenee
Mar 07, 2010 Lenee rated it liked it
Shelves: pause
So far I like it. Good short stories regarding the relationships of sister. Already had some tears...
Haley
Mar 18, 2015 Haley rated it it was ok
Shelves: never-finished
So sweet. I come close to tears just remembering some of the stories in this book.
Nov 13, 2010 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book to read. I love reading short stories
Jody Heil
LC Call Number: BF723.S43 C43 2001
Jill
Sep 06, 2007 Jill rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: sisters everywhere
I am currently reading this one...
Aishwarya Srinivasan
Jun 01, 2012 Aishwarya Srinivasan rated it it was amazing
enjoyed reading
Allaina Hope
Mar 20, 2013 Allaina Hope rated it it was amazing
So touching
Aufa Najwa
Aufa Najwa marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Nicole Khoo
Nicole Khoo is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2016
  • What Life Was Like In the Age of Chivalry: Medieval Europe, AD 800-1500 (What Life Was Like)
  • Chocolate for a Woman's Soul: 77 Stories to Feed Your Spirit and Warm Your Heart
  • Redneck Woman:  Stories from My Life
  • Horses of the Sun
  • Fasting for Spiritual Breakthrough: A Guide to Nine Biblical Fasts
  • The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress
  • The Lost Mother
  • The Battle of Blair Mountain: The Story of America's Largest Labor Uprising
  • Beth Shaw's Yogafit
  • Afoot and Afield: San Diego County: A Comprehensive Hiking Guide
  • Let Go
  • Alligators in the Sewer and 222 Other Urban Legends: Absolutely True Stories that Happened to a Friend...of a Friend...of a Friend
  • The Killing Season: A Summer Inside an LAPD Homicide Division
  • A Cup of Comfort: Stories That Warm Your Heart, Lift Your Spirit, and Enrich Your Life
  • Getting Stronger: Weight Training for Men and Women
  • The Lynne Truss Treasury: Columns and Three Comic Novels
  • Decision in Normandy
  • So Far...

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...

“A sister is nagging and needling, whispers and whisperings, bribery and thumpings, borrowings, breakings, kisses and cuddlings, lendings, surprises, defendings and comfortings, welcoming home.” 0 likes