Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work” as Want to Read:
Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work

Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  496 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Work is an important part of living, whether you wait on customers, build a business or cook for your family. As such, we all have important stories to tell about our work. From this rich treasure chest of experiences, Canfield, Hansen and company have gathered a special collection of inspiring tales that share the daily courage, compassion and creativity that take place i ...more
Published August 15th 2001 by HCI (first published March 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work

Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
books i own
126th out of 363 books — 197 voters
The Doorman by Zack LoveThe Virgin and the Gipsy by D.H. LawrenceOf Mice and Men by John SteinbeckAgenda by Virginia AirdLies In Shadows by P.S. Winn
Most Emotional Short Reads
26th out of 32 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Laura Elizabeth
So I started reading this for work, and its really nice addition for those who sometimes need motivation for helpful stories while at work!

Nice read, nice stories, and easy for start/stopping while at work!
I didn't expect to enjoy this book because while I'm all for motivation and I enjoy happy stories as much as the next girl, I figured this would be a lot of fluff. Some of it was. Others were just stories of people doing good things at work or learning real life lessons. I have a few of these Chicken Soup books around the house and will probably read them sooner rather than later because they are easy reading. I certainly laughed out loud at some of the stories and got teary at others. Overall, ...more
Dimah Kabbani
القصص حتما مفيدة و تم جمعها ببراعة شديدة , تبعث على التفاؤل و الأمل .. إلا أن الترجمة لم تكن بالمستوى المطلوب على الاطلاق ..
من الكتب الجيدة التي قرأتها لكنني لا أظن أنه بمستوى الضجة التي أحدثها ..
Jun 24, 2011 Amr rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: لكل من يرغب فى قراءة قصص ملهمة وقعت لإناس آخرين
كتاب جيد، يحتوى على العديد من القصص الملهمة، بعضها جيد للغاية، وبعضها متوسط، ولكنه فى المجمل كتاب جيد، مثل بقية الكتب التى صدرة ضمن سلسلة شوربة دجاج
أمّجاد محمد

يا جماله ") , احسست عند انتهائي منه اني افقد صديقةً غاليه :(
رائع ومفيد بشكل لايوصف اقصوصات قصيرة في عبر كثيرة ؛)
Kreeti Shakya
Reading Chicken Soup has been a Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility for me. When I read the first Chicken Soup some 10 years ago, every story would keep me hooked and make me cry. Now the story feels too stretched, too mushy mushy, too hackneyed. Nevertheless, I found one or two stories in thus Chicken Soup worth a thorough read (since I speed read the other stories). One of the stories that stuck with me was about the establishment of Grameen Bank.
Carol Waters
You can overdose on this stuff. I read it while on the elliptical trainer. I don't think that either the exercise or the reading changed me much. But I am making an effort to be a better person.
Sandy Geroux
I still highly recommend this now classic book (and many of its related titles) for people who want to be inspired to do more, be more and have more impact to help our workplaces be better.
Tyas Ok
Seperti halnya seri Chicken Soup yang lain, buku ini layak dibaca. Menginspirasi dan menghibur, saya rasa dua hal itulah yang diperlukan dari sebuah buku.Love it!
Feb 19, 2015 Nisamisha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Bought this book a year ago I know I need a lot of motivation and inspiring stories!
This book is just perfect~
Islam Hedeiwy
just finished it right now, and i really like it very much especially part 4 and part 6
didn't finish it
As with all of these books, I enjoy reading them in short bursts. They're actually my "library" reading material.
I particularly liked this quote:

Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us daily. - Sally Koch

I also liked the story near the end of the book with the quote from the Chinese plaque:

Enjoy Yourself
It is Later Than You Think
Manoj B
It's a good book on many success stories at the workplace or people who surmounted huge odds in the ventures their started. Many of the stories are touching & inspiring. This book is not all serious stuff as there're some humourous cartoons of people at work in some of the pages and also many stories have a funny side too. It's not gonna bore you and personally I think it will enrich your sense of purpose in life.
Rose Naomi
Heartwarming and tear-jearking; two opposites, but you'll find them both abounding in the stories sandwiched within the covers of this 'hard-to-put-down' book. Find you situation or experince here - I was able to find several that fit my life (work and personal). A great read with real-life stories you'll return to time and again!
Paul Fenlon
Ugh... this was given to me as a given and it was all I could do to not vomit all over the book while I read it. Yes much to my shame i read it cover to cover and I am not really sure what I got out of it other than a lost flight that I will never get back to stare mindlessly at the seat in front of me.
First book of this series that i've read, but i will read more of them. Lots of little stories quotations and messages all work based with heart warming inspirational or feel good themes. A book you could dip in and out of you don't need to start at the beginning and work through.
Received this book as a Christmas gift from my former boss. He tried getting me fired to cover up one of his mistakes. Kinda wonder if this was supposed to make me feel better about that! :) I enjoy these Chicken Soup books although they get me pretty teary-eyed!
Faythe Swanson
May 07, 2014 Faythe Swanson rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone employed
I always read on my lunch break at work, so this seemed like the perfect book to read - especially when I was having "one of those days". Sometimes, you just need encouragement to keep doing your best & to do the right thing no matter how you feel.
Muhammad Nawawy Arasy Padil
Hear them telling you story about how the job is not only job. there are so many things that we can do and achieve through our work. the impact not only just for us, but importantly all around us.

For you, the hardworker!
Adinda Owen Anderson
Baca buku ini membuat semangat kerja terjaga, ga down terus..
Ternyata kerja itu susah ya??

Thanks to my dad, yang biayain aku sampai kuliah. Dan bs merasakan kerja yang ternyata ga seindah bayangan.
Fatma Saleh

When you feel that the world is all about material gainings and selfishness comes this boil to force you to look beyond once self and onto the true meaning of working with people
Marlangen P.
Seri Chicken Soup pertama yg pernah gw baca, itu juga krn ada di meja kerja gw aja. Kalo gak sempet nonton acara2 tv atau seminar motivasi diri, mending baca ini aja. :/
Dian Gerrardy
love this one.. this book taught me how to deal with worklife.. now i'm ready to face it.. i was so touched by the story of Billy..

this book works on me..
Agnes Alpha Gerhana
A Good Book that We, as beginner at Work... Need some example from real life 2 add our Experiences.. So, we can b more Wiser & Mature in our responsibilities
Marwin Eguia
Very enriching life stories from all walks of life, wherein we could relate our own experiences and learn how to respond rather than to react.
Arun Kumar
Inspirational book..Got emotional when i read few stories..Good book when ever you feel sad you ought to read this one..You will love it..
Arie K.
Although on beginning i don't find the stories interesting, but from the middle 'till the end it became more interesting....
Nasyih Aris
Dedicate to your work place with love and joy. This book will enlight us and see our workplace differently
  • Pelajaran Berharga (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
  • Get in the Game: 8 Elements of Perseverance That Make the Difference
  • No Bad Dogs: The Woodhouse Way
  • How to Clean Practically Anything
  • Instant Karma
  • The Return of the Earl (Botany Bay, #1)
  • A Child's Anthology of Poetry
  • Welcome Home: Travels in Smalltown Canada
  • Park City: New and Selected Stories
  • Quietus

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...