Start by marking “The 100 Best Business Books of All Time: What They Say, Why They Matter, and How They Can Help You” as Want to Read:

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  294 ratings  ·  30 reviews

Thousands of business books are published every year— Here are the best of the best

After years of reading, evaluating, and selling business books, Jack Covert and Todd Sattersten are among the most respected experts on the category. Now they have chosen and reviewed the one hundred best business titles of all time—the ones that deliver the biggest payoff for today’s busy
Published February 5th 2009 by Portfolio Hardcover (first published January 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The 100 Best Business Books of All Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 100 Best Business Books of All Time

Jay
Mar 10, 2009 Jay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dave Boyd
Shelves: business
This book would be useful if it were just a list of recommended books to read. It is useful as a collection of book synopses worth the attention of anyone interested in business books. What moves it beyond a presentation of useful ideas in the context of book reviews is that when ideas compete with each other you get a high level comparison and contrast. For example, the review of Steven Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People discusses intellectual differences with Dale Carnagie's How ...more
Jon
Having just completed an MBA program, my brain was full of textbook data, yet I knew there were countless other business books that were important for me to read. But, what were they? I certainly didn't want to spend ANY time reading more books that didn't work for me. This book helped. There were some included that I knew were on my list, and this book told me more about those books. There were also many others I was not aware of, and after reading about them in this book, I new they were also ...more
Nick
If you're at all interested in business books, you need this useful volume. CEO-READ owners Jack Covert and Todd Sattersten perform the incredibly useful function of sifting through the 100,000 or so business books that are out there and finding the 100 or so (there are rec's for further reading) that are real show-stoppers. They give the reader a page or two on each book -- just enough to make an intelligent decision about whether or not to read it. And there are all kinds of asides, lists, fac ...more
Khaled Aljabri
الكتاب عبارة عن قائمة بأفضل 100 كتاب في موضوع التجارة. مقسمة على أكثر من مجال مثل الإدارة و التسويق و القيادة و الإبداع و غيرها. مع وجود عرض لهذه المئة كتاب. وفي نهاية كل عرض يحيلونك أيضا لكتب جيدة في هذا المجال .. البعض من هذه الكتب المحالة داخل الـ100 و البعض الآخر خار ال100.

ليست لدي الخبرة الكبيرة لأن أقيم اختيار الكتب, لكن أغلب الكتب التي اعتقدت أنها ستكون موجودة في كل مجال .. كانت موجودة.

هذا الكتاب أضاف كتب جديدة أقرؤها في هذا الموضوع المحبب إلى نفسي.
John
100 "best" business books of all time doesn't mean 100 "good" business books. I didn't enjoy the style of the reviews/synopsis of the books, didn't think a lot of the books really merit a mention... but I did see a few books in there I do want to read
Tony Canas
I'm a huge business book reader and this has become my guidebook to decide what to read next. They should publish updates for it every few years.
OK - I just had to know. This did just what it said on the label,and I now have a shortlist of new great books to read.
Todd Sattersten
I am going to abstain from a review, given I wrote this one.
Haryati Abd. Halim
saya tak reti nak review buku...cuma nak senaraikan apa tajuk buku yang dicadangkan kita baca..
1.Flow: The psychology of Optimal Experience ~ Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
2. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity ~ David Allen
3. The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide T Getting The Right Things Done ~ Peter F. Drucker
4. How to be a Star at Work: 9 Breakthrough Strategies You Need to Succeed ~ Robert E. Kelley
5. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Person
Cathy Allen
Terrific resource that is getting to be a few years old now. I first picked it up in 2010 and for the balance of that year, and then throughout 2011, most of the book summaries I compiled were recommended by these authors as one of the 100 best. Same with my column in the North Coast Business Journal. I especially like the way these authors divide out their categories and I have made it my business to read something from each over the course of the last few years. I think that has helped me broa ...more
Franco Arda
Will you agree on the top 100? Most likely not. It's impossible to agree as everybody has different preferences. For my part, I don't care about corporate politics nor the Hedge Fund world.

Will you discover business books you never considered? Most likely. For my part, I've ordered some business books I've never considered buying. Why? Because Jack and Todd are extremely knowledgable and even more passionate about the subject of business books and let you discover "new" easily.

Their knowledge an
WR
Since I have access to a large business library (though I usually just pick up what's on the business bestsellers or New racks), I thought I would read this book to seek some inspiration on what else I could read.

An interesting collection - some to-be-expected titles (7 Habits, Good to Great, etc), but also some surprises (The Monk and the Riddle). But besides the ones that I had already read (or knew about), I only found 3 books that I recorded down in case I should want to look for them at so
Aaron K
Good summaries
Andd Becker
Covert and Sattersten have done a phenomenal job putting together this 2009 book that summarizes important business books. The list of outstanding books is helpful. Books on leadership, creativity, marketing, and other categories are given.
The list contains The Tipping Point, Purple Cow, A Whack on the Side of the Head, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, How to Win Friends and Influence People, Oh, the Places You'll Go! and 94 other titles.
José
Covert and Sattersten do an excellent job identifying and summarizing the major themes of great books about business and success. Their book serves as a great starting point for anybody looking to learn about topics such as entrepreneurship, marketing, sales, strategy, leadership, and success. It saved me time and money summarizing books that I don't need to buy and identified those that merit purchasing.
Carlos Vallarino
I open it and the first book that comes out is "Flow" and I am already reading it. A lot of books on business, managerial, marketing, etc. insight. Tried to read Drucker, will have to get into that mind set. It is still current for these times. It was an enjoyable trip through this book learning about things that I did not know and applying them to life. The Purple Cow book is one of the books listed there.
Briana Ford
Interesting to see what books made the cut. Some of them I've added to my to-read list. Some I can do without. Not necessarily summaries of the books but I like that what they do have to say about them is summed up in about 500 words.

If you just want to know what books are on the list, it's available on their blog. I'd take it from there, do some Goodreads research, and keep it pushing.
Matthew
This book helped me do what I couldn't do...it summarized 100 books and helped me decide which ones would be interesting to me and which ones wouldn't be. All in all, I took away some great principles and now, I look forward to reading some of the books from this list I hadn't planned on reading.
CC
I found this book in the sale section of Coles in Eglinton Square and I didn't hesitate spending 6$ on it despite my growing list of expenses. I find it very useful and it is exactly the kind of book I was looking for. :)
Michael
Saved me a lot of money by summarizing books I had no interest in reading and pointed me in the right direction for a number of good reads (which you'll find in my goodreads-- what a great name for a website!).
Tom
Books like this can become quickly out of date. It was somewhat helpful, but to really know what is good to read, one must use many sources: NYT Bestseller list, Amazon, B&N, USA Today and Goodreads!
Emily
This book gave some really good current suggestions on business books for developing my collection. However, a lot of the books were not available through the company we purchase things through.
Leo Polovets
A lot of "This book is useful because it talks about how to do X", but not much of "Here's a practical summary of X". Still, this book added a lot of items to my to-read queue.
Steven
A good compendium of 2-page reviews on the authors' favorite business and business-related books, novels, and movies.
Pratap
I really love this book. It is a collection of ground breaking and very good books organized into different categories.
Javenjiao
100 best business books are even too much for me to finish.
Patricia
Sep 27, 2009 Patricia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people interested in busiiness
Recommended to Patricia by: saw in reviewed in an airline magazine
Shelves: business
Good overview of top business books by subject matter.
Colleen Wainwright
Terrific and useful anthology.
Marci
Great collection!
  • Co-Opetition
  • The Best American Essays 2004
  • Come in Alone
  • Billion-Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn from the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years
  • Secrets of a Buccaneer-Scholar: How Self-Education and the Pursuit of Passion Can Lead to a Lifetime of Success
  • 79 Short Essays on Design
  • Designing Gestural Interfaces: Touchscreens and Interactive Devices
  • So Damn Much Money: The Triumph of Lobbying and the Corrosion of American Government
  • Photography Q&A: Real Questions. Real Answers.
  • Trade-Off: Why Some Things Catch On, and Others Don't
  • Yours Ever: People and Their Letters
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 4
  • The Information Design Handbook
  • Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010
  • 50 Facts That Should Change the World
  • Design Thinking (Basic Design #8)
  • The Book of Leviathan
  • Crowdsourcing: Why the Power of the Crowd Is Driving the Future of Business
The 100 Best Business Books of All Time Amerika Shīīō No Besuto Bijinesusho Hyaku