Start by marking “Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)

Hide and Seek (T-FLAC #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  2,064 ratings  ·  75 reviews
"A steamy, heart-stopping thrill ride through the jungle as a woman living a lie is forced to trust the one man who can expose her secrets. . . .
"
Mass Market Paperback, 312 pages
Published October 2nd 2001 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about Hide and Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide and Seek

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
118th out of 1,416 books — 1,857 voters
Conjuring Darkness by Melanie  JamesA Deadly Obsession by Melanie  JamesClosure by Angela FordCornered Coyote by Dianne HarmanSpellbound in His Arms by Angel Sefer
Romantic Suspense Full of Action
112th out of 617 books — 907 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
Based on some reviews and comments I read before I started this book, I had very low expectations about it and I knew I had to suspend disbelief completely in order to appreciate it. Well, this turned out to be a good thing, because it really helped me to "enjoy" the story better. The plot was farfetched and unbelievable, and the heroine was TSTL, but I couldn't stop turning the pages to see what new shenanigans she was going to come up with next, LOL.

Delanie Eastman, our TSTL heroine, is a ball
Holly
Beanbag Love
Oh my. I liked Adair's "Kiss and Tell" even though it was an absurd premise. But this follow-up is so outlandish it almost seems as if the author was picking plot points out of a hat full of suggestions.

Mostly, I hated the heroine. TSTL and selfish as the day is long. A lot is made of her taking care of her family and being the one everyone depends on. It's absolutely clear though (and the hero brings this up at one point) that taking care of everyone and making them dependent on you is NOT a v
Ladiibbug
Jan 31, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Fans
#3 T-FLAC - Romantic Suspense

Kyle Wright and Delanie Eastman

Wow, this one rang a whole bunch of my reading pleasure bells:

* Exotic location (jungles of South America, complete with the sounds of tropical birds and screaming monkeys);

* International Crime Lord villan living in a secluded luxury compound;

* Bio-Terror sub-plot - because it's unusual;

* Meticulously laid plans of deep undercover good guy agent posing as a bad guy;

* Multiple sexy, hunky good guy agents.

Ms. Adair's descriptions of the
Anita
Cherry Adair has some very sexy and suspenseful moments in this book. Sad that the suspend reality button must be pushed before you read it. There is no way that most of what happens in this book could possibly take place, especially the parts that have Kyle not knowing anything about Lauren or Delaine's involvement with Montero. One really good thing about this series - they don't build on each other, you can read the books out of order. Characters may overlap, but not to the determent of the b ...more
LibraryLass
Glamdring

Another "rolls eye" festival.

Hide and Seek wasn't as good as Kiss and Tell but fortunately it wasn't as bad as The Mercenary.

For me the major minus in the story was the TSTL heroine and if I kind of liked Kyle something was off with him, I just can't put my finger on it. Also, if the chemistry between the MC was really hot, I couldn't feel the love.

Another thing that didn't work for me in this book were the too many OTT scenes.
Anna's Herding Cats!
Sometimes the opening line just snags me. And damn. Cherry Adair totally got me with the start to Hide and Seek..."Well, well, if it isn't Miss Eastman. I'd recognize those tits anywhere." LOL I don't know why but that totally made me bust out and I just knew I was gonna have a good time with Delanie and Kyle. And it was a good time. Action packed, a little over the top (not in a bad way) and just an exciting adventure as these two deal with their own secret missions deep in the dangerous jungle ...more
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Delanie sacrifices her own safety in order to find her missing sister Lauren, but when an ex-lover Kyle shows up unexpectedly into the mix, it makes things very complicated. Kyle is undercover on assignment to discover Montero’s secrets involving manufacturing the smallpox virus and he isn’t all too pleased when he realises who’s living with the crime lord;

“What in God’s name was Delanie, with her soft, pouty, lying mouth and those deceptively innocent baby browns- which did a piss poor job of h

Ana T.
Adair's first book I read failed to convince me but I had this one in the tbr pile and so decided on reading it just the same.

It’s more or less the same kind of plot, terrorists and drug dealers as villains, a special operations hero and an innocent heroine caught in the middle. Well this heroine got herself in the middle by going in search of her sister who was on more than friendly terms with the villain. There she finds the hero pretending to be a terrorist but actually preparing to close dow
Priscilla Robinson
I'm not quite sure how the book works. But it works perfectly for me. In the mist of blood shed, getting drugged, fighting, murder and kidnapping there is a love story to melt your heart. I loved Kyle. I everything about him and the many layers that he had.
Cindi
This book brought back the reasons I used to enjoy Cherry's books so much! A simple, straight-forward spec ops story, somewhat implausible, but easy to buy into. No unreal mind-powers; I have felt that her latest series has gotten carried away so really enjoyed this one. And of course I always love a sensitive but strong hero with LONG HAIR!
Kathrynn
Feb 25, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Readers
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Book #3 in the T-FLAC series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lively! Nice characters. Delanie's character took awhile to develop, but she had a lot on her plate. I liked Kyle's character. What a nice guy. Lots of action, romance and great writing made this book a 5 star read for This Reader.
Cindy Dunn
This is my second Cherry Adair book. I am enjoying the stories of the Wright men and their sister. This book had a lot of exciting danger scenes and a lot of sex. At times I felt the sex took away from the actual story since there was so much of it. But I liked the characters and how complex they were. The story is set in South America. The female (Delanie) and the male (Kyle) met years ago and now run into each other while both are in the middle of a secret mission - not the same mission which ...more
Brenda
I don't need to give a synopsis of the story. A couple other people have done a great job in that area. I do know not to start one of Cherry's books the night before something big...you will not get much sleep.
Delanie and Kyle make you believe you can have second chances.
I didn't think there was a way to make Cherry's books any better than the fabulous, hot, well-developed characters, sexy, strong women, and...have I mentioned the crazy monkey sex yet....if not, then I need to, oh boy do I need
Alison
Gah, the second book was great and then this one reverts to stereotypical behaviour.

Kyle (yes Marnie's brother - there is a link) is undercover for T-FLAC at the jungle hideaway of the world's worst terrorist/drug-dealer/all-round baddie. But when he arrives he finds Delanie lying by the pool. The two of them had a torrid 72 hours three years ago but have not seen hide nor hair of each other since.

Delanie is the quiet, school-teacher who looks after her flakey family but she too is undercover se
Tina
This is an enhanced version of the third book in the T-FLAC series. I read the original version of Hide and Seek a few years ago and was hooked on anything written by Cherry Adair. I really enjoyed reading the scenes that were deleted and all the extra details that were added. If you like to read a really good romance that’s filled with non-stop suspense I highly recommend reading any of her books.

Delanie Eastman’s sister is missing, so she poses as the girlfriend of an international crime lord
PepperP0t
Kyle Wright, a secondary character from the previous installment has an opportunity to check all the standard alpha male boxes - which he does admirably in this entry for the T-FLAC series. Unfortunately (IMO) he's saddled with heroine Delanie Eastman, a kindergarten teacher who doesn't fair as well in her damsel in distress role. I had difficulty connecting with her and found her tiring more often that I should.

For this outing, Delanie is secretly on the trail of her missing sister and ends up
Lauren
Kiss and Tell
3 Stars

Sexy and steamy romance and an exciting if contrived plot.

Delanie and Kyle have sizzling chemistry and intense sex scenes, however, their emotional connection is virtually non-existent (this may have been better established with a prologue detailing their first meeting).

Delanie is a feisty, spunky, kick-ass heroine but her martyr complex is annoying and she has a couple of serious TSTL moments. Kyle is domineering but in a sexy and endearing way rather than obnoxious and ov
Kathy
This T FLAC hero, Kyle, is not typical... he's a doctor, who finished too young to comfortably practice... so he went into research... until Montero, a medical school dropout 'friend' turned drug lord, power hungry, wanting to dominate the world jerk, contacts him to develop a small pox terrorist weapon... Kyle's brothers are navy & TFLAC, so he goes to them, and starts a 4+ year undercover job to take down Montero and as many international terrorists as possible... As he starts this self as ...more
Anne
This one had some major problems for me. Things that I would hope an editor would have caught. Let's kick it off with the heroine's name, shall we? Delanie. Does that rhyme with Melanie or is it pronounced Delaney? My brain ticked back and forth on that one like a metronome on speed. Each time I read it my brain wiring had to stop, start, and then restart again.

Then let's talk undergarments, shall we? At various times throughout the book we are told that at the main characters first meeting Dela
3 3/4 - 4 stars

Delanie Eastman is normally a prim and proper kindergarten teacher. When her sister goes missing, she takes on her sister's "fun" persona to try and find her. She becomes the girlfriend of the last man with whom her sister was involved.

Dr. Kyle Wright isn't just any doctor. He's a TFLAC operative out to catch the bad guy who just happens to be keeping company with Delanie.

Delanie and Kyle have a history that neither "wants" to continue, but nature brings them together and danger
HIDE AND SEEK is the third book in the T-FLAC series. I thought this book was only okay. I felt that the plot was interesting and the male lead, Kyle, was likeable. Unfortunately, I could not stand the female lead, Delanie. I found her to be infuriatingly stubborn. There were parts of the book that were actually painful to read because she was so annoying. A couple of times I even had to stop and put the book down because she was irritating me so much I couldn't stand it anymore. It was definite ...more
Mom
Posing as the spoiled girlfriend of an international crimelord, Delanie Eastman braves a remote mountain in South America to find her missing sister. The last person she expects to see is Kyle Wright, the man she had a torrid affair with four years ago. What is he doing so far from home? Though frightened and suspicious of this man who is not what he seems, Delanie cannot resist the dangerous attraction that draws her ever closer to him like a moth to flame.
Kyle is in the middle of his own secre
Kristy
I think I would have given this book 4 stars if Delanie didn't annoy me so much. I really liked Kyle. but Delanie's stubbornness got so annoying. I was ready to hit her when she left the bomb shelter. I realize her sister was missing, but how could she not see that her nosing around the buildings in broad daylight when she was supposed to be dead was a bad idea! Then at the end when she showed up in a flowery skirt at her ankles with birkenstocks on? Really? I just didn't think it fit her person ...more
Julie
This was a T-FLAC novel. For those of you who think all of Cherry Adair's T-FLAC novel are "paranormal", fair warning- This one is not. There was absolutely no mention of any special abilities in this one. That is not a prerequisite for me. I actually look at these novels more as action adventure/romance. The romance is pretty steamy, and there were a few times I felt like it went a little overboard in the frequency and the silly circumstances they would decided they couldn't keep their hands of ...more
Shannon
Hero: Kyle Wright (brother of Marnie Wright from book 2 Kiss and Tell)
Heroine: Delanie Eastman

Looking back the thing that stands out the most for me in this book was Delanie's palpable terror that was conveyed through the first third or so of the story. I really felt my heart racing right along with hers for a while. Next stand out in my memory are the smoking sex scenes. The jungle just got hotter every time those two were close together. OH and I adored him calling her jungle girl. *grin*

Dela
Andreasoldier
This book truly requires a stretch of the imagination: Kindergarten teacher Delanie is posing as a gay crime lord's girl in order to find her missing sister; Kyle Wright, a Dougie Howser doctor and former classmate of the drug lord, is faking a drug-growing business so he take said crime lord down.
The some drugs, some suspense, sex slavery and a lot of jungle heat. Plus these two have a pst history and can't keep their hands off each other - they go at it lot bunnies.
No chemistry though; I can't
Tammy Sargeant
The third in the series this was a fun read. I enjoyed the byplay between the two characters and the awesome adventures and action these guys go through. It was fun and so steamy when it came to the love scenes.
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • No Regrets (Delta Force, #1)
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea
More about Cherry Adair...

T-FLAC (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Out of Sight (T-FLAC, #5)
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • Hot Ice (T-FLAC, #7)
  • Edge of Danger (T-FLAC, #8)
  • Edge Of Fear (T-FLAC #9)
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
  • White Heat (T-FLAC, #11)
Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6) Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2) The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1) Undertow (Cutter Cay #1) In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)