Lady Pain (Gil Trilogy, #3)

Lady Pain (Gil Trilogy #3)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Roaming the known and unknown oceans, one man hopes to defeat once and for all the private demon within him-a power that is coming ever closer to destroying everything he holds dear.
Published June 1st 2001 by Ace (first published 1998)

This little-known fantasy series is one of my favorites, and this one, the last in the trilogy, is my favorite of the three.
Jean Tatro
This book was... whoa. It took me a long time to get into because it is quite a departure from the first two in the series - it picks up after a major time skip with a completely different narrator, who has a very different voice. Fortunately there is a very good reason for the change.

It was well worth adjusting to the changes because this is one of those amazing, underrated fantasy series. This brings everything to the table that the previous two had, though it's tempered appropriately for the...more
Caroline
I remember really enjoying this series, and devoured it in about a week. Remember it being fairly fast-paced and full of an interesting cast of characters. I'd like to re-read the series again since it's been quite a few years.
Melana
I liked it although I thought it left a few unanswered questions. That's what the next book is for though. Took a little while to keep me interested. But, once it had me I was hooked.
Bridget
The best book in this trilogy was the frist. This was an end to the epic, but not as satisfying. Very internal and not a lot of action.
Kristin Brenemen
This one is different than the first two, being told by a third party. But still I enjoyed this easy read.
Ed
Ed added it
Jun 10, 2014
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Hafny
Hafny marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
George
George marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Diane Mac
Diane Mac marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Mattm
Mattm marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Sarah Sayre
Sarah Sayre marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rebecca Bradley was born in Vancouver, Canada in 1952. She received a Ph.D. from Cambridge in archeology, and spent eighteen years living in England, Ulster, Kuwait and Hong Kong before returning to live in Calgary with her husband and children. She teaches archaeology part-time at Mount Royal College.
More about Rebecca Bradley...
Lady in Gil (Gil Trilogy, #1) Scion's Lady (Gil Trilogy, #2) The Lateral Truth: An Apostate's Bible Stories Temutma Stinky Pete the Pirate