Start by marking “Is This Your Child” as Want to Read:
Is This Your Child

Is This Your Child

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  117 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
IS THIS YOUR CHILD?

These are the major symptoms of potentially unrecognized allergies. Does your child suffer from any of the following?

• Allergic Nose Rub • Eye Circles • Red Ears • Red Cheeks • Eye Wrinkles • Aggression • Lack of Alertness • Mottled Tongue •

In this breakthrough book, Dr. Doris Rapp offers a simple yet effective approach to handling "problem" children. Is
Published September 15th 1992 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published September 15th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Is This Your Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is This Your Child

Kathryn
Feb 15, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all parents, anyone interested in the impact food can have on our emotions
How can a book you've never read change your life?

My mom read this when I was a child in the '80s. At the age of three, I was having "behavioral problems", getting angry, crying for no apparent reason, just generally being a very unhappy and moody child. The various pediatricians she took me to said I was just "acting up", that she shouldn't give attention to my behavior, and some even suggested medication. I thank the heavens that I had a mom who didn't listen to the "experts"!!! She didn't be
Pink
Jan 05, 2009 Pink rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with a child
Recommended to Pink by: a friend, Kim
I read this book for my older son, but after reading it realized my younger son had a behavioral allergy to milk. Unfortunately I am not willing to completely cut him off of dairy but I have noticed when he doesn't have it as much he has a ton less aggression. When he has two or three bowls of cereal with cows milk in the morning he'll react first by aggression - hitting, throwing, punching, crying, screaming. Without the milk he is much more rational and does not resort to aggression. This was ...more
Leni Davis
Jul 31, 2013 Leni Davis rated it it was amazing
This book went a long way towards helping me understand the connection between food allergies and behavior. It let me to the Feingold Association, which became a way of life for us, and kept my kids off of ADHD medications, despite a pediatrician telling us (when our child was 3) that he would never learn without meds. Very informative book.
Amanda
Jan 26, 2009 Amanda rated it did not like it
I quit. This book is silly. I borrowed it because it was recommended by some wheat free cookbook I read. I have made myself read a chapter a night and while some of the symptoms of allergies are interesting the book is a sales pitch for her method of treatment. So, yes, this is my child. Now can we just move on with our lives?
Feb 15, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I'm still reading this book and it's so fascinating! I read about this book in What Your Explosive Child is Trying to Tell You by Douglas A. Riley Ed.D and had to check it out. We are trying an elimination diet right now because we have come to realize that everyone in our family has symptoms of food allergies.
Ellen
May 07, 2010 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Seminal book on finding hidden food and environmental allergies. Written about kids mainly but applies to any age. Also outlines testing and treatment method called provocation/neutralization that we have used as vital treatment for our kids. Dr. Rapp is MD and is a brave, smart woman.
Rebecca
Mar 24, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
I learned a lot from this book. It is all about our children and their diets or food they eat and how it can affect a lot of children. It was a food allergy book and when we tried it with our son, we saw major changes within three days!!!
Carol
Nov 20, 2007 Carol rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book on how food and other allergies affect the child physically and behaviorally, yet straightforward with reminding us that these may not be the only possible cause and and various methods on how to find out if it is.
Page
Jul 07, 2010 Page rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pages-books
Great book! I learned so many things that I think can help my child. It really gave me a lot to think about and research.
Meow Meow Mia
Meow Meow Mia marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Momma
Momma rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2016
Abbie
Abbie is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
Casey
Casey rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Lauren
Lauren is currently reading it
Dec 27, 2015
Starlyn Moffitt
Starlyn Moffitt marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Jenna
Jenna is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2015
Janeen
Janeen rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Marcia Conner
Marcia Conner rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Cg Mck
Cg Mck added it
Nov 08, 2015
mike
mike is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Miss Brewer
Miss Brewer marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Crystal Allen
Crystal Allen marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
-m
-m rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Julieta
Julieta is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2015
Laureen Hudson
Laureen Hudson rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Gill
Gill rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Mackenzie Gainey
Mackenzie Gainey marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
  • How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
  • Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health
  • Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child
  • Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
  • Adventures in Tandem Nursing: Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Beyond
  • Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill
  • Follow Your Gut: How the Ecosystem in Your Gut Determines Your Health, Mood, and More
  • The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder
  • How Weaning Happens
  • The Crazy Makers
  • Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis
  • What the Bible Says about Healthy Living: Three Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Diet and Improve Your Health
  • Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sleeping with Your Baby
  • Foods That Fight Pain: Revolutionary New Strategies for Maximum Pain Relief
  • Stretching
  • Kids: How Biology and Culture Shape the Way We Raise Young Children
  • Slow and Steady Get Me Ready
  • How to Behave So Your Preschooler Will, Too!