Start by marking “Is This Your Child” as Want to Read:
Is This Your Child

Is This Your Child

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  9 reviews
IS THIS YOUR CHILD?

These are the major symptoms of potentially unrecognized allergies. Does your child suffer from any of the following?

• Allergic Nose Rub • Eye Circles • Red Ears • Red Cheeks • Eye Wrinkles • Aggression • Lack of Alertness • Mottled Tongue •

In this breakthrough book, Dr. Doris Rapp offers a simple yet effective approach to handling "problem" children. Is
Published September 15th 1992 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published September 15th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Is This Your Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is This Your Child

Kathryn
Feb 15, 2012 Kathryn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all parents, anyone interested in the impact food can have on our emotions
How can a book you've never read change your life?

My mom read this when I was a child in the '80s. At the age of three, I was having "behavioral problems", getting angry, crying for no apparent reason, just generally being a very unhappy and moody child. The various pediatricians she took me to said I was just "acting up", that she shouldn't give attention to my behavior, and some even suggested medication. I thank the heavens that I had a mom who didn't listen to the "experts"!!! She didn't be
Pink
Jan 05, 2009 Pink rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with a child
Recommended to Pink by: a friend, Kim
I read this book for my older son, but after reading it realized my younger son had a behavioral allergy to milk. Unfortunately I am not willing to completely cut him off of dairy but I have noticed when he doesn't have it as much he has a ton less aggression. When he has two or three bowls of cereal with cows milk in the morning he'll react first by aggression - hitting, throwing, punching, crying, screaming. Without the milk he is much more rational and does not resort to aggression. This was ...more
Leni Davis
This book went a long way towards helping me understand the connection between food allergies and behavior. It let me to the Feingold Association, which became a way of life for us, and kept my kids off of ADHD medications, despite a pediatrician telling us (when our child was 3) that he would never learn without meds. Very informative book.
Amanda
I quit. This book is silly. I borrowed it because it was recommended by some wheat free cookbook I read. I have made myself read a chapter a night and while some of the symptoms of allergies are interesting the book is a sales pitch for her method of treatment. So, yes, this is my child. Now can we just move on with our lives?
I'm still reading this book and it's so fascinating! I read about this book in What Your Explosive Child is Trying to Tell You by Douglas A. Riley Ed.D and had to check it out. We are trying an elimination diet right now because we have come to realize that everyone in our family has symptoms of food allergies.
Ellen
Seminal book on finding hidden food and environmental allergies. Written about kids mainly but applies to any age. Also outlines testing and treatment method called provocation/neutralization that we have used as vital treatment for our kids. Dr. Rapp is MD and is a brave, smart woman.
Rebecca
I learned a lot from this book. It is all about our children and their diets or food they eat and how it can affect a lot of children. It was a food allergy book and when we tried it with our son, we saw major changes within three days!!!
Carol
A wonderful book on how food and other allergies affect the child physically and behaviorally, yet straightforward with reminding us that these may not be the only possible cause and and various methods on how to find out if it is.
Page
Great book! I learned so many things that I think can help my child. It really gave me a lot to think about and research.
Deepali Patel
Deepali Patel marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Patrick Buchanan
Patrick Buchanan is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2015
Kiara
Kiara marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Aliesha
Aliesha marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Lisa Sunbury
Lisa Sunbury is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2015
Alaina Watkins
Alaina Watkins marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Dawn Pannell
Dawn Pannell marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Kim
Kim added it
Apr 27, 2015
Cindy
Cindy is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2015
S Aldana
S Aldana marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Danielle Barnsley-Cervo
Danielle Barnsley-Cervo marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Marie Mccumber
Marie Mccumber marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
LLL El Paso
LLL El Paso marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
Feb 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
  • Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health
  • Adventures in Tandem Nursing: Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Beyond
  • Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child
  • Follow Your Gut: How the Ecosystem in Your Gut Determines Your Health, Mood, and More
  • Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill
  • The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder
  • Foods That Fight Pain: Revolutionary New Strategies for Maximum Pain Relief
  • What the Bible Says about Healthy Living: Three Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Diet and Improve Your Health
  • Stretching
  • Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn't Be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution
  • Anatomy of an Illness: As Perceived by the Patient
  • Kids: How Biology and Culture Shape the Way We Raise Young Children
  • The Belly Book: A Nine-Month Journal for You and Your Growing Belly
  • Mariel Hemingway's Healthy Living from the Inside Out: Every Woman's Guide to Real Beauty, Renewed Energy, and a Radiant Life
  • The Crazy Makers
  • Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease
  • Slow and Steady Get Me Ready
Our Toxic World A Wake Up Call Is This Your Child's World? How You Can Fix the Schools and Homes That Are Making Your Children Sick Allergy Answers PANCE (Physician Assistant Nat. Cert Exam) Flashcard Book The Impossible Child in School--At Home: A Guide for Caring Teachers and Parents