Start by marking “Trial By Fire” as Want to Read:
Trial By Fire

Trial By Fire

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  441 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A district attorney with an incredible 100% conviction rate is haunted by the one crime she's been unable to solve--the arson fire that killed her parents 15 years earlier. But when she finally persuades the authorities to reopen the case, the most unexpected suspect of all is indicted--herself!
Published August 5th 1996 (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Trial By Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trial By Fire

Kristen
In one of Nancy Taylor Rosenberg's standalone thrillers, Trial by Fire, she told us a scintillating tale of revenge and of arson. Stella Cataloni was a stellar Houston DA with a 100% conviction rate. She barred her hidden scars with her long hair from a fire that claimed her parents, when she was a teenage. That was the only crime she wanted to solve and persuaded the Houston PD to reopen the case, even if she had to reopen the wounds. When she did so, they believed she was the suspect of the ar ...more
Debbie
I dont think the author likes or really respects professional and successful women. The story was a bit buggy but once it started moving was a good who done it. But i do have issues with her lead female characters. After three books it appears to me that she equates strong women with being strident, self absorbed and irritatingly stubborn. Even after being warned she is in danger as are people around her she continues to takes irresponsible actions. I actually like the female investigator much m ...more
Legolas Devildog
know a lot of people who have read this one didn’t like the dialogue or the fact the main character pretty much was dead set on solving her parents arson and all of that but personally I loved this one. While yes, some of it had some points that would not fit into the real world as easily as you might like the overall context of the book is good. It has mystery, suspense and all of the things I like in a well written crime novel.

I can fully understand and respect some of the anger issues that c
Elyse
A female attorney with a complex mystery to solve. I expected a new Perry O'Shaughnessy in terms of the writing style ~ and didn't quite find that.

Even so, I enjoyed the book. Several twists and turns in the story, as well as a nice variety of characters. Almost put it down when the plot seemed sidetracked with her love interest, but glad that I stayed with it.
Shannon Wyss
I have a problem with mysteries in that i find things like the dialog completely unbelievable. No one actually talks like that! They're such scripted movie lines that it annoys me. And some of the stereotypical characters are similarly uncreative. That being said, i was engrossed in the plot and really wanted to find out what was going to happen.
Beverly
slow moving, I lost interest about halfway thru. characters are not even remotely interesting. finished it only because I always finish books I start.
Tina
Plot was nice but i thought that the author sort of put away some characters, too fast. I hoped for an epilogue at the end of the story to explain a bit about what happened to the characters afterward.
J. Ewbank
This was an interesting book by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg. It was a good read and i enjoyed the characters and the plot.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Loretta
This is not my favorite style of writing. Probably will not get another book by this author. The story was intriguing, but the characters seemed undeveloped and not very likable at times.
Marianne
First time with this author. Good story, though at times I was put off by the writers "drama" style. Once I really got into the book, I couldn't put it down.
Weebly
Hubby read this book first, and her must have enjoyed it as he recommended it to me. This was a good murder mystery, which kept me guessing to the end!
Melissa
I really like Nancy Taylor Rosenberg's style of writing. This book was fast-paced and interesting. I would recommend it.
Kristin
Decent book..parts really kept me intrigued and parts I could put down. Mystery/cop novel!
Sue
the book was ok, but not great. The characters had anger issues! too many temper tantrums!
Mary Ann
Set in Dallas and Houston this is bound to be enjoyed by the residents of Texas.
Amy
It was ok, different from her other books, which I have enjoyed.
Ajh
Didn't finish
Cws
M Ros
Jackie Simons
Read 9/96
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Gerald Hall
Gerald Hall marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Nicole Haffner
Nicole Haffner marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Melissa Edwards
Melissa Edwards marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
May 06, 2015
you must read it 2 10 Jun 22, 2012 05:31PM
  • Invasion of Privacy
  • Blind Justice: A Novel of Suspense (Ben Kencaid, #2)
  • Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5)
  • Make Them Cry
  • Tracking Time (April Woo, #6)
  • The First Victim (Boldt/Matthews, #6)
  • The Walls of Jericho (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #1)
  • The Rapids (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #3)
  • Inadmissible Evidence
  • Crime Zero
  • Critical Conditions (Alan Gregory, #6)
  • Credo
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.
More about Nancy Taylor Rosenberg...
Mitigating Circumstances (Lily Forrester, #1) Abuse Of Power First Offense Buried Evidence (Lily Forrester, #2) Sullivan's Law (Carolyn Sullivan, #1)