Start by marking “Sullivan's Justice (Carolyn Sullivan, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sullivan's Justice (Carolyn Sullivan, #2)

Sullivan's Justice (Carolyn Sullivan #2)

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  500 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
"New York Times" bestselling author Nancy Taylor Rosenberg delivers Sullivan's Justice--and plunges probation officer Carolyn Sullivan into a case that will challenge everything she holds dear while exposing the deadliest of secrets. . ..
Her work for the Ventura County Probation Department brings Carolyn Sullivan face-to-face with the most depraved criminals, and serial
Published April 1st 2006 by Pinnacle (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sullivan's Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sullivan's Justice

Carl Alves
Apr 14, 2015 Carl Alves rated it liked it
In this novel, Carolyn Sullivan, a probation officer and law student, has to help her brother Neil get out of trouble. An artsy type, Neil calls Carolyn to tell her that his girlfriend was found dead in a pool. After she finds out a family secret, she begins to have doubts about Neil's innocence. All the same, she is determined to help her brother.

This was a solid if unspectacular novel. The writing was competent and professional. There were no major plot holes in the novel. At the same time, th
Mimi Barbour
Apr 04, 2011 Mimi Barbour rated it really liked it
She's a wonderful author and always tells a good story.
Effie
Jul 29, 2010 Effie rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Wow. Just...wow. This was a free Kindle read, and I didn't read it as much as skim. It is so poorly written that I kept marveling that it was ever published. The main character is a probation officer/law student/single mother dynamo, the kind of probation officer who isn't afraid to lock herself in a room with a violent killer to get the truth. Characters repeatedly comment on how she's the one to get the job done and no one else can do it.

The other characters have little personality and in the
Scott Parsons
Nov 03, 2014 Scott Parsons rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, crime
It had been quite a while since I had read a book by Nancy Rosenberg. Unlike some reviewers I found Sullivan's Justice an enthralling read. The plot is complex with a lot of characters and subplots but I couldn't put it down. Burned the midnight oil to finish it. very satisfied when I finished it.

Read it. You will enjoy it.
Lani
Aug 31, 2010 Lani rated it liked it
Daniel Henderson
May 16, 2016 Daniel Henderson rated it did not like it
Wow. This book is like watching a horrible movies that is so bad it's entertaining. There are stereotypical characters throughout, laugh-out-loud dialogue and scenes that you'll swear were stolen from the worst action movie you've ever seen.
I can only recommend this to someone who is tired of reading quality literature and doesn't want to think for a while.
Kristen
In the second installment of the Carolyn Sullivan legal thriller series by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg, Sullivan's Justice, Carolyn Sullivan returned in another harrowing tale. This time, when her brother Neil was arrested for his dead girlfriend's body floating in the river, he became the prime suspect. For Ventura County probation officer Carolyn Sullivan, she would help her brother out by clearing his name. Lately, evidence proved it was liked to serial killer Raphael Moreno, one of the ruthless c ...more
VLynch
Aug 29, 2010 VLynch rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Good book had some great parts. Lots of good characters, twists and turns that kept my interests. I like the fact this book was able to stand alone even though it's book #2 in a series. I did not feel like I was missing too much from not reading #1. Other than a bit of history of Brad and Carolyn. I do feel like it there were too many subplots to the story. I feel the story of Carolyn's father's death could have been a book of its own. (Now won't I be embarrassed if I found it is! :) ) I wanted ...more
Jean M.
Aug 22, 2010 Jean M. rated it liked it
After having waded through a very long saga previously I was ready for some light reading. Sullivan's Justice provided that. Carolyn Sullivan is a Ventura County, California, probation officer who works with hardened criminals and uses her knowledge of psychology to get them to open up to her. There are lot of twists and turns in this thriller and heavy body count. Carolyn's brother Neil becomes one of the murder suspects and family secrets are revealed. A good legal thriller. Not great but good ...more
Dorothy Clark
Mar 07, 2015 Dorothy Clark rated it liked it
Pretty good. Some characters were hard to beleive.
Andrew Carter
Feb 02, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it really liked it
Excellent read. Like many of the thrillers available, the book finishes with a rush. Rosenberg is one of my favorite authors.
Kathi Olsen
Dec 28, 2012 Kathi Olsen rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
It's a pretty good who-done-it. Towards the beginning there are some unnecessarily explicit sex scenes, which if she really needed that element, could have been handled differently without very much creativity needed. I really don't think they are that essential to the story, and consequently may not read anymore of her books because I don't need to have that as part of the stuff I read.
Judy
Jul 27, 2011 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this free download to my Kindle. It was enjoyable, although sometimes I had a hard time keeping track of the characters. The tension the probation officer felt during her interviews with the "bad guy" was palpable. With so much riding on that, but with so many other people, sometimes I was not sure of where it was going (or even of where I was).

Marcy
Aug 12, 2010 Marcy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Carolyn Sullivan, a probation officer, single mom and wonder woman is the sister of a man suspected in a double homicide. She's also the only officer who can deal with an evil prisoner.Numerous sub-plots intertwine, though not very effectively. It was a chore to finish this one, poorly written as it was with characters about whom I cared nothing.
Gail Stewart rumsey
I made a mistake and listened to the abridged edition of the audio book. I do not like abridged editions in general and this was no different. The effect was choppy and some story lines seemed to disappear or just crop up for no reason. My impression is that this is a good book.
Judy
Jul 24, 2011 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was totally wrong with my guess of the "bad guy." This free Kindle download was, at times, complicated with all the characters. The main characters had a lot of dynfunctionality, most of it started when they were children. Other the few "flaws," I did enjoy it.
Amy
Dec 11, 2008 Amy rated it did not like it
Carolyn Sullivan, a probation officer, interviews scary murderers (even though she's a GIRL!), tries to get her brother Neil off-the-hook for killing his ex, and figures out just who Melody Ash is. Something about a female assassin for hire with MS? Yawn.
Pmcdnld2
Oct 16, 2010 Pmcdnld2 rated it liked it
Carolyn Sullivan is a probation officer in California. Her brother is a suspect in the death of his girl friend; and some similar murders. Nothing and no one is what they seem. Convoluted but interesting mystery
Kae Cheatham
May 13, 2011 Kae Cheatham rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The plot got so involved, even the author couldn't keep up with it. Mediocre writing. Lots of action. Glitches in story line and too much explanation at the end to TRY and tie up the loose ends.
Kathy
I really liked this book. Good plot.. Maybe a little unbelievable at the end but it was still good writing. Enjoyed it thoroughly... Will read more of this author eventually
Lynn Demsky
Jun 21, 2012 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing
A really well put together read. Interesting characters, good plot and just something I wasn't expecting but thoroughly enjoyed! Will have to find more of her books!
Aug 15, 2010 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
I enjoyed reading this murder mystery and will read the next of the author's book. A little light on character development but entertaining.
Joanne
Sep 16, 2011 Joanne rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed after having read Interest of Justice, which was excellent. I was hoping for another book I 'couldn't put down'.
Karen
May 05, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book by Nancy Rosenberg. The plot moved and I enjoyed the character development...not what I expected for an ending.
Shirley
Jan 03, 2012 Shirley rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd of the Carolyn Sullivan series. Another who done mystery! Interesting twist when family is involved.
Marie
Sep 25, 2011 Marie rated it liked it
It was an ok book to read for fun. A bit far-fetched and hard to follow at the end, but was still ok.
Sue
An undemanding thriller full of red herrings and plot twists, another good companion for a poorly duvet day.
Andrea
Dec 30, 2010 Andrea rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Honestly, this was not that good a book. Read it because it was being given away for free.
Pamela
Jul 25, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it
Feisty and fast. Nancy T. Rosenberg always delivers if you want a gritty mystery.
Wendy
Jan 06, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
Good book, good writer, will be reading many more books by her.
  • Mourn The Living
  • Mania
  • The Magician's Accomplice (Commander Jana Matinova #3)
  • Once Around the Track (St. Dale, #2)
  • Falling Out of Fashion
  • Mozart's Blood
  • One Small Victory
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Hostile Intent (Devlin, #1)
  • A Little Death in Dixie
  • Soul Catcher (The Outsider #1)
  • No Fear
  • Triple Exposure
  • No Mercy (Jonathan Grave, #1)
  • Undercover Lover (Take Me, Lover, #2)
  • Death of a Trophy Wife (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #9)
  • Hour of the Hunter (Walker Family, #1)
  • The Heir
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.
More about Nancy Taylor Rosenberg...

Carolyn Sullivan (4 books)
  • Sullivan's Law (Carolyn Sullivan, #1)
  • Sullivan's Evidence (Carolyn Sullivan, #3)
  • Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)