Start by marking “Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)” as Want to Read:
Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)

Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan #4)

In Rosenberg's new novel, probation officer Carolyn Sullivan confronts the brutal death of her best friend - and the dark mystery that surrounds it. Carolyn knew everything about Veronica Campbell. She knew about the case of murder and retribution that haunted her life and career - about her stormy relationship with her husband Drew; about the emotional darkness that was o ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge of Innocents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge of Innocents

Nancy
Sep 09, 2012 Nancy rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I've ever read! The characters came up with possible solutions without evidence and then ran around trying to prove them. When they couldn't make that solution stick, they just came up with another crazy one. Felt like a vicious cycle.
Slc-crk
Oct 15, 2011 Slc-crk rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-owned
Very convoluted plot twists which were cumbersome. This book was 100 pages too long.
Stephanie
Jun 08, 2008 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: one-night-stands
Apparently the protagonist in this book (Carolyn Sullivan) has figured in a series of NT's books? Not clear, but the jacket implies that.

In any case, Carolyn's best buddy and fellow probation person is murdered, and then Carolyn's buddy's husband is murdered, and then Carolyn nearly murders the one she thinks is the murderer - oh, and the dead husband was accused of molesting his and Carolyn's wretched teenage daughter, who is a totally disgusting person and Carolyn has a boatload of Catholic gu
Allyson
Nov 07, 2009 Allyson rated it it was ok
I ordered this book from PaperbackSwap because it kept resurfacing in "books you may like"...which is also how I find friends on Facebook, actually. Apparently, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg is a police detective with the LAPD AND an author. Her work with the police force makes the dialogue and the plot seem pretty authentic, although towards the end I think she threw in 2 too many plot twists. I was ready for this book to be over around page 300. The overall theme is incest with a side of murder. I'm ...more
Kristen
Apr 26, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
In the 4th installment of the Carolyn Sullivan series, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg delivers us a shocker and takes us a dark side. While planning her wedding to Marcus, Carolyn learns about her best friend's death. From there, she becomes entangled into a web of lies and deceit and other family secrets. When she becomes the legal guardian of her oldest daughter Jude, she didn't know what to believe between fact and fiction. We watch how emotionally involved she is to the case that pushes her to the l ...more
Maureen Saltzer
Jan 03, 2017 Maureen Saltzer rated it did not like it
Hard to believe this is part of a successful series. The dialogue is as inauthentic as it gets. The main character is supposed to be an experienced parole officer but seems as gullible as a third grader. There were so many inconsistencies and errors it read like a first draft, prior to any editing of any kind. For instance, Carolyn is living in Santa Rosa but her job and her daughter's school is in Ventura County and they commute back and forth daily. Seriously, how does an elementary mistake li ...more
Steve
Apr 23, 2007 Steve rated it it was ok
Not my favorite Rosenberg book. Although her books are kind of romantic/mystery potboilers anyway, I'm OK with that. What drove me crazy was that every time some few clues pointed to a particular culprit, all the police investigators were 100% convinced they had the killer. Then, three chapters later they were 100% convinced they had a different one. I never felt that's how real police would have handled it.
Linda
Jun 11, 2008 Linda rated it it was ok
I have read many of Nancy Taylor Rosenberg's best sellers but found this one to be the worse of the lot. Usually, she puts alot more effort into character development and that wasn't done for this book. The lead character, Carolyn, was never likeable and, I thought, was downright whiney. I didn't like this book at all but finished it just to see if the author tied up loose ends at the finish. Nothing about this book was believable.
VLynch
Sep 06, 2010 VLynch rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was a good book, great story idea. However, the "who done it" back and forth it, got a bit confusing for my little brain. Too many theories thrown out, debated by the police and staff. Frequently I felt confused. I missed some of the characters from the other books, like John (Carolyn's son, who should have known Jude from High school) and Neil (Carolyn's brother). Good story, but a bit cluttered at times. The second in the Carolyn Sullivan series is still my favorite.
Paula
Jan 10, 2016 Paula rated it liked it
Carolyn's best friend is murdered and her 18 year old daughter is missing. Carolyn is trying to help find Jude but when she finds her, she has a real mess on her hands. Jude doesn't know how to tell the truth, and even has her own father thrown in jail.

This was an ok book that I listened to but it was a little out there.
Sharon
Nov 28, 2008 Sharon rated it it was ok
This was one of the most convoluted police procedurals I have ever read. I like a complex plot as much as the next person. However, the author had so many subplots that she tried to tie together that the story struggled under its own weight. Not the best I've ever read, I'm sorry to say.
Andrew Carter
I normally enjoy Rosenberg's books, but in this one it seemed the lead character Carolyn was trying to do too much police work when she is not a 'policewoman'. I think that there was way too much speculation and too little police work. Not her best
Caitlin
Sep 05, 2007 Caitlin rated it really liked it
So far so good, about 3/4 of the way through it. I'm not sure who the "killer" is or even who the bad guys are. She does a great job of convincing you it's one person then making you question that. Can't wait to finish!
Candace Chesler
Nov 19, 2013 Candace Chesler rated it it was ok
Enjoyed this - but not as much as a John Sandford book. The plot line of incest/pedophilia is presented well. Where she lost me was with the murder of the best friend's husband. I started skimming paragraphs after that just to finish. As others have said - too many plot twists.
Kerri
Feb 07, 2009 Kerri rated it liked it
This novel was well written and very interesting. It's a story of the underdogs coming back and winning. Who wouldn't like to hear that type of story? I don't want to share too much, and ruin the ending but it is definitely worth the read.
Melissa
Jul 06, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
It kept you guessing up until the end, but there were some undeveloped storylines that were just left hanging. It kept me engaged and I read it quickly, however now that I am finished the more I think about it, the more criticism I seem to have for it.
Chris
Sep 24, 2012 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-shelf, audiobook
2.5 stars, but not rounding up because I didn't any of characters likable. It may be since I started with the last book in the series, but I just didn't connect with any of them. I usually like NTR but I think I'll skip the others in this series.
Rachel Sumner
Nov 22, 2010 Rachel Sumner rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book bored me from the start, there were too many characters that had no significance right off the bat. It also seemed very scattered to me and I had a hard time keeping up with all the twists, I dont recommend this book I only finished it because I had invested to much time not to.
Amy
Jul 28, 2009 Amy rated it liked it
I am jumping around in the series of books that center around Carolyn Sullivan, almost hard to follow, a lot of subplots and twists. Good legal thriller.
Linda Cafarella
Jul 14, 2008 Linda Cafarella rated it really liked it
Well worth reading.....
Allen
Feb 22, 2015 Allen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Besides everyone else's comments, I found 21 errors.
Larry Cook
Feb 22, 2011 Larry Cook rated it really liked it
She is one of the best authors I have read. Keeps you reading long after you should have stopped.
Hayseed
Nov 04, 2007 Hayseed rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mystery
Not her best book, but a fast read and good whodunnit. Some parts are a bit hokey.
Stanley Lee
Dec 23, 2015 Stanley Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doesn't hit you as much in the face as the Bourne or Bond novels.
Leslie Johnson
Dec 20, 2012 Leslie Johnson rated it it was ok
I could not figure out who the bad guy was until the vary end. The story opens where the victim is not identified but her beating is, the perp is known but not to us.
Kayereads
Dec 28, 2016 Kayereads rated it it was ok
Shelves: can-t-finish
The overall storyline was okay. I could maybe even try to finish this if i have time!
Lisa W
Apr 02, 2012 Lisa W rated it liked it
Good pulp murder mystery. Author is prior law enforcement.
Faye
Sep 25, 2010 Faye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Always like any of Rosenberg's books as I can relate to a lot of her research areas having worked as a Probation Assistant and District Attorney Assiistant.
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2010
  • Mourn The Living
  • Once Around the Track (St. Dale, #2)
  • Mania
  • Triple Exposure
  • The Hunters
  • A Little Death in Dixie (Detective Billy Able, #1)
  • Get Some
  • Huckleberry Finished (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #2)
  • A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street
  • Bake Sale Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #13)
  • Chinatown Beat (A Detective Jack Yu Investigation #1)
  • One Night in Boston (One Night, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Healing for a Broken World: Christian Perspectives on Public Policy
  • Dead Deceiver (A Loon Lake Mystery, #11)
  • Ransom X (A Legacy Mystery #1)
  • The Heir
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.
More about Nancy Taylor Rosenberg...

Carolyn Sullivan (4 books)
  • Sullivan's Law (Carolyn Sullivan, #1)
  • Sullivan's Justice (Carolyn Sullivan, #2)
  • Sullivan's Evidence (Carolyn Sullivan, #3)